Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Mike's Election Guide 2008 by Michael Moore

Mike's Election Guide 2008

by Michael Moore

English (8)  Dutch (1)  All languages (9)
Michael Moore had a clever idea: write a sweeping endorsement of a horde of liberal politicians running in 2008. The majority of these candidates won their elections, and now we're all paying the price. ( )
  GeorgeBarr | Jul 23, 2010 |
I'm a Moore fan, so I enjoyed this. I think he offers a lot of innovative ideas for addressing some of our problems. Unfortunately, he has gotten bigger than his work in recent years and much of what he has to say gets lost in the hype. ( )
  francomega | Jul 18, 2009 |
Comical, an eye opener about the 2008 Presidential Elections and the Democratic and Republican Parties. Questions that you wanted to ask but felt that they were not necessarly smart questions were explained in a a comical way, to help people understand the elections and its process. ( )
  nutty7688 | Feb 16, 2009 |
Quickly and lazily compiled election "guide". Silly but nothing more. ( )
  eurovision_nicola | Feb 6, 2009 |
I loved reading this, even though I was often filled with a sense of dread and worry. Just listen to the title of the second chapter: "How to Elect John McCain... or, How Many Democrats Does It Take to Lose the Most Winnable Presidential Election in American History?" Hopefully, that's not how things go, but Moore puts it out there. "Ask Mike!" is another chapter, where people ask such hard-hitting questions as "which presidential candidate do I want to have a beer with?" and "if I have to move north of the border after the next presidential election because McCain has won, what do I need to know about Canada and Canadians?", which is something I've always wanted to know. You'll also get proposals on how to fix our broken elections, what to do once the election is over, and a handy candidate guide for several senate and the house seats. And if you hate Michael Moore, he's provided you with a chapter of lines taken out of context for you to use when telling people how awful you think the book is. Generous!

The book was funny, informative, and thought-provoking. It will make you want to go out and talk to people, and not just about the election. I've been going on about Social Security, health care, and the evils of high fructose corn syrup. You learn about the history of the Pledge of Allegiance, why our election is on a Tuesday and why it SHOULD be on a Saturday or Sunday, why the American people actually pay MORE taxes than the French and get so much less for it, and how wells could help America's image. If you love the Daily Show or Corbert Report, this is like one long episode in print form. Yes!

Okay, so I highly recommend this book. Go buy it or check it out from you library! Go... now! ( )
  tiamatq | Oct 9, 2008 |

In his first book in five years, Michael Moore brings us the definitive guide to the 2008 election.

After a diastrous war, the failure to catch bin Laden, millions of families who have lost their homes, the Katrina debacle, soaring gas prices feeding record oil company profits, and the largest national debt caused by the biggest spending and borrowing administration in American history, the country has had it with conservatives, right-wingers and Republicans. A thrilling election season is now upon us. Obama vs. McCain. One candidate has promised a presidency different from any other, one that will take us forward to embrace the hope of the 21st century. The other candidate says he has no idea how to use a computer.

Welcome to MIKE'S ELECTION GUIDE -- Michael Moore's effort to make sense of the this fall's race for the White House and Congress. In it, Moore answers the nation's most pressing questions: "Why is John McCain so angry?," "Do the Democrats Still Drink from a Sippy Cup and Sleep with the Light On?," Can I get into the Electoral College with only a 2.0 gpa?" and "How many Democrats does it take to lose the most winnable election in American history?"

It's a great year to be an American and a voter. Don't miss out on all the fun! And don't miss out on MIKE'S ELECTION GUIDE -- it's the indispensable book that belongs in every American's back pocket this season.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:36 -0400)

Provides answers to questions about the 2008 presidential candidates, voting, and the issues; discusses what Obama should do if he wins the election; and presents a guide to forty-two contested Congressional seats occupied by Republicans.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,493,110 books! | Top bar: Always visible