10 Things I Can Do to Help My World by…

10 Things I Can Do to Help My World

by Melanie Walsh

"Even young children are eager to help the environment — and here is a bright, inviting novelty book that offers simple ways to make a difference.

Do you remember to turn off the tap while you brush your teeth? How about using both sides of the paper when writing and drawing? Or planting seeds and nurturing the new plants as they grow? Bold, child-friendly illustrations and die-cut pages will draw even the youngest listeners to this gentle reminder of the easy, everyday ways we can be kinder to the earth."
from amazon
  lexibaldwin | Dec 5, 2013 |
Here is a First Day School Lesson waiting to happen. Follow up with decorating light switch covers, 17 cents each at Home Depot. Or, make water saver reminders using decal computer sheets that stick to tile without adhesive. Available at Staples.
  NEYM_RE_Library | Dec 3, 2013 |
The book is fantastic, the pages and how each page has their own details. ( )
  juliafuentesNMSU | Apr 30, 2013 |
Striking die-cuts and a fun format enhance to this delightful read-aloud. Big, bold illustrations – perfect for a group setting – show readers ten ways young children can help our world. With reminders to turn off the light when leaving a room, turn off the tap off when brushing teeth, put out a birdfeeder in the winter, draw on both sides of the paper and walk to school rather than drive, youngsters will feel empowered to make a difference.

Additional notes such as Every time you do this, you save eighteen glasses of water. and Turning off lights and using more efficient lightbulbs saves valuable energy. will engage and inspire older readers.

Made from 100% recycled material 10 Things I Can Do to Help My World’s eco-friendly tips are great for preschool and kindergarten. For older children, 10 Things I Can Do demonstrates creative ways to deliver important messages using eye-catching illustrations, factual information and word art.

Possible extension activities could include identifying and illustrating five or ten more ways to “help” (at school or on the playground) using like techniques.
  storytimestandouts | May 11, 2011 |
Un livre simple et attrayant qui montre aux enfants comment aider la planète par faire de petites chose. This book proves how easy it can be to reduce your carbon footprint. ( )
  dauphineVAR | Dec 6, 2010 |

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:01:30 -0400)

A beautifully simple book for small children where transforming pages reveal ten things that everyone can do to help conserve their world. Many of them, such as turning off the television, and turning off lights when leaving a room are about conserving energy. Others will encourage an understanding of nature and conservation.… (more)

Candlewick Press

An edition of this book was published by Candlewick Press.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,785,994 books! | Top bar: Always visible