Absolutely, Positively by Jayne Ann Krentz

Absolutely, Positively (edition 2004)

by Jayne Ann Krentz

Member:caittilynn
Title:Absolutely, Positively
Authors:Jayne Ann Krentz
Info:Pocket Books (2004), Kindle Edition, 384 pages
Rating:***1/2

Absolutely, Positively by Jayne Ann Krentz

Copper Beach by Jayne Ann Krentz (tmommy4)
    tmommy4: Paranormal, mystery etx

: contemporary-romance, magic, suspense, relationships, attempted-murder, inventions, reread, murder
Read from July 24, 1997 to July 24, 2016

I love this one so much that I reread it every so often just to clear my mind.
See publisher's blurb for plot clues.
Molly is in awe of Harry's brain power, thinks he's hot, and is totally exasperated by his attitude towards aspiring inventors. Harry is a super-educated control freak with warring families and who adamantly denies that he has any paranormal abilities. Toss in some old and new murders and attempted murders, crazy family dynamics, former lovers, and hot erotica, and you have a fun but suspenseful romantic read! ( )
  jetangen4571 | Jul 24, 2016 |
sweet ( )
  Janicemo | Dec 20, 2015 |
Sometimes with an author you enjoy it's interesting to visit their backlist and see hints of later concepts creeping into the story. This story shows some intimations of the paranormal that is now quite a strong feature in her stories.

Molly Abberwick owns a coffee shop and administers her late father's scientific foundation. She decides that she needs someone to help her decide on the viability of the projects and hires Dr Harry Stratton Trevelyan, he is gruff and abrupt but there's something there between them. He decides to have an affair but nothing is straightforward between the two of them. When things start to go wrong and it appears someone is trying to either scare Molly or kill her, Harry steps in to help and the relationship starts to get very serious. Harry will have to deal with a lot of issues, not least of which is trying to ignore his sixth sense, before they can create a meaningful relationship.

It's a little predictable but some of the scenes had me giggling out loud, I love how Molly dealt with his family and the two of them sparked off each other. It was a very satisfying read.

And I want Molly's house, particularly the kitchen and the cleaning robots! ( )
  wyvernfriend | Feb 2, 2013 |
When I read a book, I always finish it, no matter how boring it is. I had to force myself to finish Absolutely Positively. This is my first JAK book. Now I'm leery of trying her others. I didn't care for Harry at all. He, and the book were way too predictable. ( )
  Shannon1527 | Jul 21, 2010 |
Molly Abberwick hired Dr. Harry Trevelyan to help screen applicants for inventor grants. As things heat up between them, Molly is threatened by increasingly sinister pranks and Harry is squeezed between the two warring factions of his family—the carnie Trevelyans and the powerful Strattons, a business dynasty. Meanwhile, Molly helps Harry come to terms with the Trevelyan Second Sight. Entertaining enough, but not as interesting as some of her other work, like Deep Waters. ( )
  jholcomb | Sep 2, 2009 |

Jayne Ann Krentzprimary authorall editionscalculated
Ferrone, RichardReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Camps, CarmenTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Peiffer, MaryReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Edna and J. L. Krentz, With love and affection
Harry Stratton Trevelyan allowed himself few certainties in life, but during the past month he had become absolutely, positively sure of one thing.

Molly Abberwick, trustee of her late father's foundation, is furious with her new consultant, scientist-philosopher Dr. Harry Stratton Trevelyan. Harry is brilliant, sexy, and absolutely impossible -- and his outrageous suggestion of a scientifically inspired affair with her is positively the last straw....Besides, Molly's got a much more serious problem; she's become the target of a stalker whose sinister pranks are swiftly escalating into violence. Only Harry, of all people, seems to comprehend the true nature of the threats against his alluring boss. As a dangerous predator closes in on Molly, the enigmatic Dr. Harry seizes the day to reveal himself in a totally unexpected light....

Hiring the nation's top scientific consultant, Dr. Harry Stratton Trevelyan, Molly Abberwick, the trustee of her father's foundation for unusual inventions, is outraged when Harry falls in love with her and brazenly pursues her.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:06 -0400)

As trustee of her father's foundation for unusual inventions, Molly Abberwick of Seattle hires Dr. Harry Trevelyan, a top scientific consultant, only to have him propose--in a scientific and detached way--that they embark on an affair for mutual pleasure. Molly is outraged, but Trevelyan's good looks make her delay firing him. Just as well, because when a stalker appears, it is Trevelyan who comes to the rescue.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,814,489 books! | Top bar: Always visible