Wolverine: Origin TPB (New Printing)…

Wolverine: Origin TPB (New Printing) (Graphic Novel Trade Pb) (original 2002; edition 2009)

by Paul Jenkins, Joe Quesada, Bill Jemas

Member:Comics
Title:Wolverine: Origin TPB (New Printing) (Graphic Novel Trade Pb)
Authors:Paul Jenkins
Other authors:Joe Quesada, Bill Jemas
Info:Marvel Comics (2009), Edition: 2nd, Paperback, 200 pages
Rating:***
Tags:Wolverine: ORIGIN #1-6 (complete)

Wolverine: Origin by Paul Jenkins (2002)

English (12)  Danish (2)  All languages (14)
A much better origin story than I expected. Maybe the best origin story I've read. I'm not a fan of origin stories. This is quite good though. ( )
  valzi | Sep 7, 2016 |
For some reason I remenbered of Jane Eyre story when I read this amazing comic. The art is amazing and the story is marvelous... A dignified beginnig for one of my most beloved characters... ( )
  Glaucialm | Feb 18, 2016 |
I really liked this volume. As evidenced by the five star rating. I loved the artwork. I loved the story. That about sums it up! It’s not what I saw in the movie, but I already imagined that the movie would not be accurate according to the comics. They aren’t usually total correct. I liked this story better than the story in the movie. For one it was much more involved. Of course. It’s a book. It was also much more of a mystery. I liked it. This is the origins that I was looking for originally to start with. I would like to read more from Jenkins in the future. ( )
1 vote Kassilem | Mar 20, 2014 |
Forgettable.

If you're going to try to create an origin for one of your most iconic characters, that origin had better be (*@#ing memorable. Look at Batman, for example. Or look at what Alan Moore did for the Joker in The Killing Joke. The origin should resonate for the reader.

In Origin, the story kind of lands with a dull thump.

Oh, it's not terrible. The authors clearly tried. They just weren't up to the task, that's all. And so they've created an utterly forgettable, inconsequential, run-of-the-mill...

I'm sorry, what were we talking about again?

Oh yeah. Origin. Sorry, I nodded off.

In a fractional system, Origin would get a 1.8 from me. At best, it was kind of cheesy. I mean, when you've got your character running and howling with wolves, it's a pretty good sign that you're in way over your head...unless you're a really, really good writer. Which these guys aren't. And maybe it was a warning sign that there were three writers on this turkey.

Hmm...if they'd had Wolverine running and gobbling with turkeys...now, that would have been memorable! :D

PS - the claws looked stupid to me. Claws should look like claws, not unicorn horns! ( )
  PMaranci | Apr 3, 2013 |
Saaaaaaadly, this did not work for me and I really love origin stories, laaaaaaav them. But this was just a little too hokey for me, no matter how much I enjoyed Logan running around with a wolf pack. I can't put my finger on what, but there was something terribly lacking. I just didn't feel the drama of it. It was readable and not bad artwork, but overall a little disappointing. ( )
  h_d | Mar 31, 2013 |

Paul Jenkinsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Jemas, Billmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Quesada, Joemain authorall editionsconfirmed
Isanove, RichardIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kubert, AndyIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 078510965X, Paperback)

Collecting the best-selling - and controversial - romantic period piece that defied industry expectations and pulled back the curtain on Wolverine's mysterious past! At long last, all is revealed about the incredible forces that molded the world's most perfect killing machine with a heart as big as the great outdoors. Collects Wolverine: Origin #1-6

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:41 -0400)

Follows sickly, privileged James Howlett through his childhood, when he sees his father killed by groundskeeper Thomas Logan, to his escape into the wilds of northern Canada, where he is renamed Logan and nicknamed Wolverine.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,180,354 books! | Top bar: Always visible