The Silence of the Lambs (Hannibal Lecter…

The Silence of the Lambs (Hannibal Lecter Book 2) (original 1988; edition 2009)

by Thomas Harris (Author)

Member:drrtydenimdiva
Title:The Silence of the Lambs (Hannibal Lecter Book 2)
Authors:Thomas Harris (Author)
Info:St. Martin's Press (2009), 436 pages

The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris (1988)

English (94)  Spanish (3)  French (2)  Lithuanian (1)  German (1)  Dutch (1)  Catalan (1)  All languages (103)
Clarice Starling is a trainee at the FBI Academy in Quantico...but she is soon to step over the threshold into a dark world of madness and insanity. Though she is led to believe that she is merely meant to provide a psychological study on the monstrous Dr. Hannibal "The Cannibal" Lecter, the truth is reveled that she was truly meant to persuade Dr. Lecter into giving her a psychological profile on a notorious serial killer, "Buffalo Bill". During the progress of this story, the investigation and hunt for "Buffalo Bill" gets increasingly intense as he abducts the daughter of a senator. There are many great plot twists and turns the eventually leads to Clarice stopping "Buffalo Bill", saving the senator's daughter and even an amazing escape from custody for Hannibal Lecter. This is defiantly a story that anyone can truly...sink their teeth into, and could be quite parable with a fine red wine. Bon Appetite. ( )
  Emery_Demers | Apr 13, 2019 |
very cool ( )
  vishnuugopi | Mar 31, 2019 |
This book was a little more twisted than I enjoy. It is interesting to see this from Starling's point of view and the psyche of the serial killer. It was a little slow towards the beginning but once I got into it this was a pretty easy read. ( )
  AngelaRenea | Jan 12, 2019 |
Transmisogynist propaganda elevated to an art form, masquerading as a glacially paced mystery/thriller. Weirdly it even comes off as sexist to the cis protag. Probably the worst thing I've ever read; I don't know how I managed to finish it. It's excruciatingly boring on top of it all. Dreadful. ( )
  pnppl | Jan 10, 2019 |
Great love story. ( )
  camillawb | Nov 6, 2018 |

Harris, Thomasprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dill, MarionTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rambelli, RobertaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Schurink, EllyTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Schurink-Vooren, EllyTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not?
—1 Corinthians
Need I look upon a death's head in a ring, that have one in my face?
— John Donne, "Devotions"
To the memory of my father.
Behavioral Science, the FBI section that deals with serial murder, is on the bottom floor of the Academy building at Quantico, half-buried in the earth.
A census taker tried to quantify me once. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a big Amarone.
I expect most psychiatrists have a patient or two they'd like to refer to me.
Nothing happened to me, Officer Starling. I happened.
WorldCat has ISBN 9024542871 for both Lelijk eendje [The Ugly Duckling] by Iris Johansen AND De schreeuw van het lam [The Silence of the Lambs] by Thomas Harris.

HANNIBAL LECTER.
THE ULTIMATE VILLAIN OF MODERN FICTION.
A young FBI trainee. An evil genius locked away for unspeakable crimes. A plunge into the darkest chambers of a psychopath's mind-- in the deadly search for a serial killer...

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0312924585, Mass Market Paperback)

The Silence of the Lambs, by Thomas Harris, is even better than the successful movie. Like his earlier Red Dragon, the book takes us inside the world of professional criminal investigation. All the elements of a well-executed thriller are working here--driving suspense, compelling characters, inside information, publicity-hungry bureaucrats thwarting the search, and the clock ticking relentlessly down toward the death of another young woman. What enriches this well-told tale is the opportunity to live inside the minds of both the crime fighters and the criminals as each struggles in a prison of pain and seeks, sometimes violently, relief.

Clarice Starling, a precociously self-disciplined FBI trainee, is dispatched by her boss, Section Chief Jack Crawford, the FBI's most successful tracker of serial killers, to see whether she can learn anything useful from Dr. Hannibal Lecter. Lecter's a gifted psychopath whose nickname is "The Cannibal" because he likes to eat parts of his victims. Isolated by his crimes from all physical contact with the human race, he plays an enigmatic game of "Clue" with Starling, providing her with snippets of data that, if she is smart enough, will lead her to the criminal. Undaunted, she goes where the data takes her. As the tension mounts and the bureaucracy thwarts Starling at every turn, Crawford tells her, "Keep the information and freeze the feelings." Insulted, betrayed, and humiliated, Starling struggles to focus. If she can understand Lecter's final, ambiguous scrawl, she can find the killer. But can she figure it out in time? --Barbara Schlieper

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:35 -0400)

FBI Academy trainee Clarice Starling hopes that Dr. Hannibal Lecter, a criminally insane psychiatrist imprisoned in a Boston hospital, can lead her to the serial killer known only as Buffalo Bill.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,763,667 books! | Top bar: Always visible