Angels Flight by Michael Connelly

Angels Flight (1999)

by Michael Connelly

Series: Harry Bosch (6)

Lucifer's Tears by James Thompson (kraaivrouw)
    kraaivrouw: One of my faves of the Harry Bosch series - same sorts of characters, different environments.

English (42)  Dutch (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (44)
Interesting. ( )
  Gerardlionel | Apr 2, 2016 |
Dick Hill
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
This is the best so far in a great series. Harry continues to solve the crimes but his personal life is once again falling apart. Lots of twists and excellent characters make for a real page turner. I'm looking forward to reading the next book as Connelly never disappoints. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes Harry Bosch and also to anyone looking for a good book to read. ( )
  eadieburke | Jan 19, 2016 |
5 stars. I loved it. This was a pretty deep plot. I was happy to see a return of a few characters. Harry's life is complicated once again. And, I'm not convinced that Deputy chief Irvin Irving is the good guy.... just my gut with quick comment that Chastain said. I don't think Harry has the whole truth. I am hooked on this series and hope to read more soon.

CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |

CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |

Michael Connellyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Montanari, GianniTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to
McCaleb Jane Connelly
This is for
McCaleb Fane Connelly

From Warner Books paperback edition.
The word sounded alien in his mouth, as if spoken by someone else.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0446607274, Mass Market Paperback)

Michael Connelly, whose novel The Poet won the 1997 Anthony Award for Best Mystery, is already recognized as one of the smartest and most vivid scribes of the hard-boiled police procedural. Now, with his much-anticipated sixth Harry Bosch novel, Angels Flight, Connelly offers one of the finest pieces of mystery writing to appear in 1998. Bosch is awakened in the middle of the night and, out of rotation, he is assigned to the murder investigation of the high-profile African American attorney Howard Elias. When Bosch arrives at the scene, it seems that almost the entire LAPD is present, including the IAD (the Internal Affairs Division). Elias, who made a career out of suing the police, was sadistically gunned down on the Angels Flight tram just as he was beginning a case that would have struck the core of the department; not surprisingly, L.A.'s men and women in blue become the center of the investigation. Haunted by the ghost of the L.A. riots, plagued by incessant media attention, and facing turmoil at home, Bosch suddenly finds himself questioning friends and associates while working side by side with some longtime enemies.

Angels Flight is a detective's nightmare scenario and is disturbingly relevant to the racially tense last decade of the 20th century. Amidst the twists and turns of his complex narrative, Connelly affirms his rightful place among the masters of contemporary mystery fiction. --Patrick O'Kelley

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:24 -0400)

When an African American lawyer, infamous for his lawsuits alleging racism by LAPD police officers, is murdered on the eve of a sensational trial, Harry Bosch, facing a suspect list that includes half the department, is assigned the case.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,353,184 books! | Top bar: Always visible