Frostbitten (Women of the Otherworld, Book…

Frostbitten (Women of the Otherworld, Book 10) (edition 2009)

by Kelley Armstrong

Member:kayceel
Title:Frostbitten (Women of the Otherworld, Book 10)
Authors:Kelley Armstrong
Info:Bantam (2009), Hardcover, 352 pages
Collections:Adult, Read but unowned
Rating:****1/2
Tags:fiction, 2009, werewolves, Alaska, supernatural, murder, fathers and sons, rape, abuse, strong women, smart women, Women of the Otherworld, steamy, responsibility

Frostbitten by Kelley Armstrong

It wasn't something I would normally read but I liked it and would most likely read the other books in the series if I ever came across them someday. I couldn't seem to put it down once I started reading and read the entire book on one snowy late spring day earlier this year. ( )
  cassie.peters1 | Sep 6, 2014 |
I know this may earn me enemies, but Elena is my least favorite protagonist of this series. I find her more interesting, however, the more Ms. Armstrong writes her, so it's kind of a paradox. while I feel like I'd gladly let her be killed off for a chance at more Eve or Paige centered books, I know I'd be missing out on a true gem of a character.

This book was good. I liked the Alaska setting, and the chance that we might be meeting future members of The Pack was great. I also love the twins. Perfectly written personalities. ( )
  drhapgood | Jul 27, 2014 |
My favorite book in the series to date. Kelley has really become a strong author in her writings. In the first few of this series I liked them but something just seemed off, as I read the books the better it gets.

So much fun to be with Elena and Clay again, battling their own demons as they deal with the rogues in the area. The fun banter between the two makes me laugh out loud. I really like these characters the best so far. ( )
  LRitte | Feb 3, 2014 |
To Jeff, who still believes I can,
even on the days when I'm not so sure
As Tom watched the moonlight reflect off the ice-covered lake, he had a reflection of his own: the world really needed more snow.
"As I learned when I had the twins, a Change is a lot like giving birth, except you skip the labor pains and jump straight to the "what the hell was I thinking?" screams of agony." Elena
"If we announced that the crazy guy was in charge, they'd be arming themselves for Armageddon." Clay
"Clayton sharing his food?" Joey said with a strained smile. "Must be love."
"I've spent the last decade learning to stand firm and face my problems… or at least batter them until they're unrecognizable." Elena
"I should be dancing down the moonlit road, singing to the stars. But if I was, I'd know whatever was in that tea was more than a painkiller." Elena

For Elena Michaels, being the world's only female werewolf has its advantages, such as having her pick of the Otherworld's most desirable males. And she couldn't have picked a more dangerously sexy and undyingly loyal mate than Clayton Danvers. But now their bond will be put to the ultimate test. A werewolf more wolf than human and more unnatural than supernatural - a creature whose origins spring from ancient legend - is hunting human prey, and Elena and Clayton must track the predator deep into Alaska's frozen wilderness.
But the personal stakes are even higher. Either Clayton or Elena has been chosen to become the new Pack leader, and every wolf knows that there can only be one Alpha. The couple have always been equals in everything. Now, when their survival depends more than ever on perfect teamwork, will instinct allow one of them to lead and the other to follow?

Being the world's only female werewolf has its advantages, such as having her pick of the Otherworld's most desirable males. And Elena Michaels couldn't have picked a more dangerously sexy and undyingly loyal mate than Clayton Danvers. Now their bond will be put to the ultimate test as they follow a bloody trail of gruesome slayings deep into Alaska's frozen wilderness--a trail left by a werewolf more wolf than human and more unnatural than supernatural.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,769,977 books! | Top bar: Always visible