Frostbitten (Women of the Otherworld, Book…

Frostbitten (Women of the Otherworld, Book 10) (edition 2009)

by Kelley Armstrong

Member:kayceel
Title:Frostbitten (Women of the Otherworld, Book 10)
Authors:Kelley Armstrong
Info:Bantam (2009), Hardcover, 352 pages
Collections:Adult, Read but unowned
Rating:****1/2
Tags:fiction, 2009, werewolves, Alaska, supernatural, murder, fathers and sons, rape, abuse, strong women, smart women, Women of the Otherworld, steamy, responsibility

Frostbitten by Kelley Armstrong

Frostbitten is a nice addition to the Women of the Otherworld series after two not so great books.

In it Elena cements her feelings for Clay by admitting that she missed him whilst he was away, she confronts her past fears head on, and learns that she is strong enough if not quite ready to become Alpha. Clay is as wonderful as ever both protecting Elena and giving her the freedom of her independence. The rest of the pack also make an appearance if only towards the end. We meet two former pack members who fled the pack when Malcolm and Jeremy were fighting to become Alpha as well as the Alpha of the Russian werewolf pack who I hope we see more of in future - I'm curious to see if a proper relationship can be established between the two packs.

As for the story, a group of mutts consisting of Eastern European and American members have decided to settle in Alaska and have been killing off all werewolves on site before they move their very illegal gun-running business over. However the supposed Alpha has a penchant for raping and murdering and can't stop himself from preying on the local girls. As soon as he gets a whiff of Elena he wants her, badly. The rest revolves around rescuing a teenage werewolf called Noah, trying to stay out of the clutches of the rapist and trying to bring down the mutt-pack.

I instantly took a liking to Noah, despite his age and criminal record he was very brave and honorable when he tried to protect Elena from being raped and killed at great risk to himself.

Finally without giving too much away we get a much needed new pack member, an almost pack member and a possible future pack member. Thank goodness for the new young blood! I really didn't want the pack to die out.

Frostbitten was a good read, Elena and Clay are my favourite characters with their children not far behind (I love little Logan!) and I hope to see more of them and the growing pack in future books. ( )
  Cynical_Ames | Sep 23, 2014 |
It wasn't something I would normally read but I liked it and would most likely read the other books in the series if I ever came across them someday. I couldn't seem to put it down once I started reading and read the entire book on one snowy late spring day earlier this year. ( )
  cassie.peters1 | Sep 6, 2014 |
I know this may earn me enemies, but Elena is my least favorite protagonist of this series. I find her more interesting, however, the more Ms. Armstrong writes her, so it's kind of a paradox. while I feel like I'd gladly let her be killed off for a chance at more Eve or Paige centered books, I know I'd be missing out on a true gem of a character.

This book was good. I liked the Alaska setting, and the chance that we might be meeting future members of The Pack was great. I also love the twins. Perfectly written personalities. ( )
  drhapgood | Jul 27, 2014 |
To Jeff, who still believes I can,
even on the days when I'm not so sure
As Tom watched the moonlight reflect off the ice-covered lake, he had a reflection of his own: the world really needed more snow.
"As I learned when I had the twins, a Change is a lot like giving birth, except you skip the labor pains and jump straight to the "what the hell was I thinking?" screams of agony." Elena
"If we announced that the crazy guy was in charge, they'd be arming themselves for Armageddon." Clay
"Clayton sharing his food?" Joey said with a strained smile. "Must be love."
"I've spent the last decade learning to stand firm and face my problems… or at least batter them until they're unrecognizable." Elena
"I should be dancing down the moonlit road, singing to the stars. But if I was, I'd know whatever was in that tea was more than a painkiller." Elena

For Elena Michaels, being the world's only female werewolf has its advantages, such as having her pick of the Otherworld's most desirable males. And she couldn't have picked a more dangerously sexy and undyingly loyal mate than Clayton Danvers. But now their bond will be put to the ultimate test. A werewolf more wolf than human and more unnatural than supernatural - a creature whose origins spring from ancient legend - is hunting human prey, and Elena and Clayton must track the predator deep into Alaska's frozen wilderness.
But the personal stakes are even higher. Either Clayton or Elena has been chosen to become the new Pack leader, and every wolf knows that there can only be one Alpha. The couple have always been equals in everything. Now, when their survival depends more than ever on perfect teamwork, will instinct allow one of them to lead and the other to follow?

Being the world's only female werewolf has its advantages, such as having her pick of the Otherworld's most desirable males. And Elena Michaels couldn't have picked a more dangerously sexy and undyingly loyal mate than Clayton Danvers. Now their bond will be put to the ultimate test as they follow a bloody trail of gruesome slayings deep into Alaska's frozen wilderness--a trail left by a werewolf more wolf than human and more unnatural than supernatural.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,380,880 books! | Top bar: Always visible