Frostbitten (Women of the Otherworld, Book…

Frostbitten (Women of the Otherworld, Book 10) (edition 2009)

by Kelley Armstrong

Member:kayceel
Title:Frostbitten (Women of the Otherworld, Book 10)
Authors:Kelley Armstrong
Info:Bantam (2009), Hardcover, 352 pages
Collections:Adult, Read but unowned
Rating:****1/2
Tags:fiction, 2009, werewolves, Alaska, supernatural, murder, fathers and sons, rape, abuse, strong women, smart women, Women of the Otherworld, steamy, responsibility

Frostbitten by Kelley Armstrong

2009 (10) 2010 (7) adult (6) Alaska (25) demons (7) ebook (18) Elena Michaels (9) fantasy (64) fiction (46) hardcover (7) library (6) magic (7) mystery (10) other world (13) own (7) paranormal (58) paranormal romance (16) read (11) romance (23) series (19) sff (7) shapeshifters (22) supernatural (14) to-read (28) urban (6) urban fantasy (65) vampires (8) werewolves (78) witches (7) Women of the Otherworld (40)

My favorite book in the series to date. Kelley has really become a strong author in her writings. In the first few of this series I liked them but something just seemed off, as I read the books the better it gets.

So much fun to be with Elena and Clay again, battling their own demons as they deal with the rogues in the area. The fun banter between the two makes me laugh out loud. I really like these characters the best so far. ( )
  LRitte | Feb 3, 2014 |
Elena Michaels, the world’s only female vampire finds herself in the frozen tundra of Alaska along with her mate Clayton, tracking a werewolf on the run. When they arrive in Alaska, they find a group of rogue, thug werewolves who are into gun trafficking and murdering young women. In addition, there is the presence of Intuit shape-shifters previously unknown to them. Elena has to confront some dark things that happened in her past as she goes after this new pack of werewolves.

This novel was written at a good pace. There was plenty of action throughout. I liked the premise of the Intuit shape-shifter that was hinted at throughout the novel, until the point that it was actually introduced, and then at that point it felt a little bit of a letdown. Not having read previous books in this series, I was puzzled that Elena is the only female werewolf. That seemed really strange to me and with the absence of any kind of explanation, it didn’t make sense to me. The other shortcoming was that there were some serious logic gaps in the story. In the end, it was an enjoyable read, but there were enough drawbacks that make this a good but not great novel.

Carl Alves - author of Blood Street ( )
  Carl_Alves | Jan 13, 2014 |
I was really happy to be back with Elena & Clay again. But I didn't love that Elena spent so much time fighting off or being terrorized by a rapist. For me, it's just overused so much as a plot device in fantasy and UF, I'm just tired of it. Outside of that I enjoyed by time with the werewolves of the otherworld again. Now I'm sad because the series is over and the last three books are Savannah's so no more Elena & Clay. :( ( )
  CCleveland | Nov 27, 2013 |
I cannot believe it took me so long to get round to reading this. It's a great installment for the Women of the Otherworld series and I love the development of Elena. She's a woman with such depth and I think that the author focuses so well on not just the relationships between characters , but Elena's own growth. Loved it. LOVE Clay. He's made of awesome too! ( )
  sharrow | Sep 21, 2013 |
I was sort of expecting this story arc. There's been a lot happening in Elena's and Clay's world, so the changes hinted at and flat out discussed make total sense.

Frostbitten is typical Kelley Armstrong. Strong characters, good world building. ( )
1 vote lesmel | May 21, 2013 |
To Jeff, who still believes I can,
even on the days when I'm not so sure
As Tom watched the moonlight reflect off the ice-covered lake, he had a reflection of his own: the world really needed more snow.
"As I learned when I had the twins, a Change is a lot like giving birth, except you skip the labor pains and jump straight to the "what the hell was I thinking?" screams of agony." Elena
"If we announced that the crazy guy was in charge, they'd be arming themselves for Armageddon." Clay
"Clayton sharing his food?" Joey said with a strained smile. "Must be love."
"I've spent the last decade learning to stand firm and face my problems… or at least batter them until they're unrecognizable." Elena
"I should be dancing down the moonlit road, singing to the stars. But if I was, I'd know whatever was in that tea was more than a painkiller." Elena

For Elena Michaels, being the world's only female werewolf has its advantages, such as having her pick of the Otherworld's most desirable males. And she couldn't have picked a more dangerously sexy and undyingly loyal mate than Clayton Danvers. But now their bond will be put to the ultimate test. A werewolf more wolf than human and more unnatural than supernatural - a creature whose origins spring from ancient legend - is hunting human prey, and Elena and Clayton must track the predator deep into Alaska's frozen wilderness.
But the personal stakes are even higher. Either Clayton or Elena has been chosen to become the new Pack leader, and every wolf knows that there can only be one Alpha. The couple have always been equals in everything. Now, when their survival depends more than ever on perfect teamwork, will instinct allow one of them to lead and the other to follow?

Being the world's only female werewolf has its advantages, such as having her pick of the Otherworld's most desirable males. And Elena Michaels couldn't have picked a more dangerously sexy and undyingly loyal mate than Clayton Danvers. Now their bond will be put to the ultimate test as they follow a bloody trail of gruesome slayings deep into Alaska's frozen wilderness--a trail left by a werewolf more wolf than human and more unnatural than supernatural.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,480,193 books! | Top bar: Always visible