Frostbitten (Women of the Otherworld, Book…

Frostbitten (Women of the Otherworld, Book 10) (edition 2009)

by Kelley Armstrong

Member:kayceel
Title:Frostbitten (Women of the Otherworld, Book 10)
Authors:Kelley Armstrong
Info:Bantam (2009), Hardcover, 352 pages
Collections:Adult, Read but unowned
Rating:****1/2
Tags:fiction, 2009, werewolves, Alaska, supernatural, murder, fathers and sons, rape, abuse, strong women, smart women, Women of the Otherworld, steamy, responsibility

Frostbitten by Kelley Armstrong

Recently added bymgerlach, wm3395, KaylaBrannen, scorpio470952, Kaylinofhr, private library, lin262, Isavarg, Aurone

Elena is still the only female werewolf, but years have past and she's become other things too: a wife, a mother, and the next Alpha of the Pack. In this latest book of Armstrong's "Women of the Underworld" series (book 10, I believe), Elena and her husband Clay travel to Anchorage, Alaska, to track down a young new werewolf. But there's far more trouble in Alaska than just Reese: women keep disappearing, and an old werewolf friend of Clay's turns up tortured to death. Elena and Clay investigate, and find a band of rapists, murderers, and criminals--all werewolves, and all panting to destroy the Pack.

The plot is simple and predictable, and the writing itself is easy to follow. There's a huge amount of rape, or attempted rape, in this book--far more time is spent getting Elena into and out of rape attempts than in exploring Alaska, or the new supernatural race discovered there. I'd have appreciated a bit more plot in place of cutesey telephone conversations with Elena's children or never-ending rape attempts. ( )
  wealhtheowwylfing | Feb 29, 2016 |
I started this at 1pm and finished at 1am. I did put it down a few times during that block of time. I think I inhaled the book though. Great writing and action that just pulled you along in the book. Elena is trying to help clear a mutt's name but he's afraid that Clay is hiding waiting to pounce, so keeps running. This leads Elena and Clay to Alaska. They get to talk to the mutt but also there's more going on in Alaska than this one mutt. There are former packmates living there and one of them they can't get a hold of. We also find out that Jeremy is preparing Elena to become Alpha once the twins are in first grade. Clay's fine with that, Elena has to get used to the idea. She does have the support of the other pack members though. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Alaska still has many secrets hidden in the uncharted hills and valleys. Elena is sent there to check on an elder pack member who has not been heard from in a while and also to check on some reports of missing humans. When she gets there she is aware that there is more going on here then anyone thought. Her life her sanity and her back story all come slamming down on her shoulders. She is alone, Clay is is another state, unaware of her situation. Something truly scary lurks and it has her scent, but this big bad is not the only bad thing coming for her. Elena is out numbered, out fought and there is no hope in sight.
Action packed, filled with harrowing moments that had me on the edge of my seat. There are some awesome new beasties found in the wilderness and many bodies.It brought a fresh new look to this couples story. It was wonderful to visit with Clay and Elena again, one of my favorite couples. I really enjoyed this edition to the series. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
I always enjoy this series but this book was especially great. The dynamic between Elena and Clay has come so far since the first book of the series, and Kelley has perfectly captured their partnership as well as what it's like to be doing this jobs as well as being parents of three year old twins. The book was dramatic, emotional and still so funny in places. She also added in some different forms of mythology and ideas that were really interesting to read and I hope she continues to develop these ideas in this series. ( )
  jadedlioness | Dec 29, 2015 |
Another in the WOMEN OF THE OTHERWORLD series bringing back Elena (the only female werewolf), her mate Clay and Jeremy and his entourage. This book introduces us to a new species of supernaturals, the “Shifters” and also gives a little glimpse in to where the series may be headed. Although I did enjoy the book and am a loyal follower of Ms. Armstrong and her books, for my personal taste this one had a little too much action and not enough meat in the story (no pun intended).

ChristineEllei | Jul 14, 2015 |
To Jeff, who still believes I can,
even on the days when I'm not so sure
As Tom watched the moonlight reflect off the ice-covered lake, he had a reflection of his own: the world really needed more snow.
"As I learned when I had the twins, a Change is a lot like giving birth, except you skip the labor pains and jump straight to the "what the hell was I thinking?" screams of agony." Elena
"If we announced that the crazy guy was in charge, they'd be arming themselves for Armageddon." Clay
"Clayton sharing his food?" Joey said with a strained smile. "Must be love."
"I've spent the last decade learning to stand firm and face my problems… or at least batter them until they're unrecognizable." Elena
"I should be dancing down the moonlit road, singing to the stars. But if I was, I'd know whatever was in that tea was more than a painkiller." Elena

For Elena Michaels, being the world's only female werewolf has its advantages, such as having her pick of the Otherworld's most desirable males. And she couldn't have picked a more dangerously sexy and undyingly loyal mate than Clayton Danvers. But now their bond will be put to the ultimate test. A werewolf more wolf than human and more unnatural than supernatural - a creature whose origins spring from ancient legend - is hunting human prey, and Elena and Clayton must track the predator deep into Alaska's frozen wilderness.
But the personal stakes are even higher. Either Clayton or Elena has been chosen to become the new Pack leader, and every wolf knows that there can only be one Alpha. The couple have always been equals in everything. Now, when their survival depends more than ever on perfect teamwork, will instinct allow one of them to lead and the other to follow?

While investigating fatal wolf attacks on humans near Anchorage, werewolf and new mom Elena Michaels and her husband, Clay, encounter more than they expect in a savage force that awakens their animal natures.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,275,242 books! | Top bar: Always visible