Shards of a Broken Crown by Raymond E. Feist
1,852None3,721 (3.64)6
4 (7) adventure (4) Book 4 (6) ebook (6) epic (7) epic fantasy (12) fantasy (408) Feist (18) fiction (108) hardcover (10) high fantasy (5) krondor (7) magic (12) Midkemia (54) novel (11) own (8) paperback (10) Raymond Feist (9) read (23) Riftwar (27) Riftwar Cycle (8) science fiction (7) series (23) Serpentwar (44) Serpentwar Saga (51) sf (7) sff (24) to-read (11) unread (8) war (7)

English (7)  French (1)  All languages (8)
I didn't like the books of the Serpentwar Saga as much as the original trilogy, and don't actually remember much about them beyond the fact that I did enjoy reading them. ( )
  shanaqui | Apr 9, 2013 |
This is where I finally caught up to Feist... from here on out I have bought every hardcover the day it came out. What a geek. ( )
  BooksForDinner | Oct 3, 2011 |
When I first read this book, years ago, this was my least favorite of this particular quartet. I like the brothers, Jimmy and Dash, but I couldn't really get into "the brothers' tale."

Rereading it now, though, I was quite pleased with the story, for the same reason I enjoy Feist's other stories. I liked watching the rebirth of Krondor, like a phoenix from the ashes. I liked watching Jimmy and Dash come into their own, and watching the men from Novindus embrace the concept of a nation.

I did find myself wishing that this particular saga was a quintet. I really wanted to know what happens next in Dash's life. The rest of the characters, the rest of their stories will be plain enough, but Dash... his looked interesting.

Not that Feist ever has uninteresting stories. ( )
  nookbooks | Apr 14, 2011 |
Good continuation. ( )
  willowcove | Sep 1, 2010 |
The SerpentWar saga concludes finally, but I sense another series would begin... ( )
  xavierroy | Aug 21, 2009 |
Duty cannot exist without faith. -Benjamin Disraeli, Earl of Beaconsfield, Tancred, Bk. II, Ch. 1
The General knocked.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0380789833, Mass Market Paperback)

Shards of a Broken Crown is the final installment in Feist's hugely popular Serpentwar Saga--the first three books are Shadow of a Dark Queen, Rise of a Merchant Prince, and Rage of a Demon King. Winter is breaking, and the Emerald Queen's defeated army, led by a treacherous villain, plan a horrific final battle against the realm. Favorite characters like Pug, Roo, Duko, and Miranda return in this tale of the devastation of war in a land of magic.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:49:22 -0400)

"A brilliant follow up to Rage of a Demon King, and the fourth volume in Feist's marvellous Serpentwar Saga. The story of the survivors of the great assault on the Kingdom by the hordes of the Emerald Queen. An ambitious General has picked up the fallen reins of command and seeks to build a personal empire out of the wreckage of the Western Realm. It is up to a handful of committed men and women to oppose him. In the forefront of this conflict stand Jimmy and Dash, grandsons of the legendary Jimmy the Hand, who, alongside Erik von Darkmoore and Roo Avery must contest on every hand as rival Empires seek to gain from the Empire's loss. While war rages on two borders, mysterious agencies of dark powers move behind the scenes, from the mountains to the north, to the sewers under the burned-out cities of Krondor."--Publisher's website.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,495,467 books! | Top bar: Always visible