The Last Coyote (Harry Bosch) by Michael…

The Last Coyote (Harry Bosch) (original 1995; edition 2007)

by Michael Connelly

Member:cannellfan
Title:The Last Coyote (Harry Bosch)
Authors:Michael Connelly
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2007), Edition: First Thus, Mass Market Paperback, 528 pages
Collections:Your library, Just Desserts
Rating:****1/2
Tags:mystery, Los Angeles, Harry Bosch, Just Desserts Mystery Discussion Group, cold case, counseling, read2012

The Last Coyote by Michael Connelly (1995)

English (56)  Swedish (2)  French (1)  Finnish (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (61)
Harry attacked his commanding officer and is suspended indefinitely, pending a psychiatric evaluation. At first he resists the LAPD shrink, but finally recognizes that something is troubling him and has for a long time. In 1961, when Harry was twelve, his mother, a prostitute, was brutally murdered, and no one has ever been held responsible for the crime.

With the spare time a suspension brings, Harry opens up the thirty-year-old file on the case and is irresistibly drawn into a past he has always avoided. It's clear that the case was fumbled and the smell of a cover-up is unmistakable. Someone powerful was able to divert justice and Harry vows to uncover the truth. As he relentlessly follows the broken pieces of the case, the stirred interest causes new murders and pushes Harry to the edge of his job... and his life. ( )
  Zack_Anthony | May 2, 2016 |
read in french; histoire policière; not so good, not so bad.
In English better read, translation was bad? ( )
  Gerardlionel | Apr 2, 2016 |
good — L.A. policeman solving his mother's death 40 years ago

Harry Bosch's life is on the edge. His earthquake-damaged home has been condemned. His girlfriend has left him. He's drinking too much. And after attacking his commanding officer, he's even had to turn in his L.A.P.D. detective's badge. Now, suspended indefinitely pending a psychiatric evaluation, he's spending his time investigating an unsolved crime from 1961: the brutal slaying of a prostitute who happened to be his own mother.
  christinejoseph | Feb 8, 2016 |
Book Description
Harry attacked his commanding officer and is suspended indefinitely, pending a psychiatric evaluation. At first he resists the LAPD shrink, but finally recognizes that something is troubling him and has for a long time. In 1961, when Harry was twelve, his mother, a prostitute, was brutally murdered, and no one has ever been accused of the crime.

My Review
I am really beginning to like Michael Connelly's writing. These books are really starting to grow on me. I love his Harry Bosch character. You can't help feeling for Harry in The Last Coyote as he searches for his mother's killer. I'm glad to see that Jasmine has come into his life and hopefully he can find some happiness with her. This book kept me interested all the way through and the ending was a complete surprise. I'm looking forward to reading the next installment as Michael Connelly always ends his books with making me want some more. ( )
  eadieburke | Jan 19, 2016 |
  eadieburke | Jan 19, 2016 |

Michael Connellyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Pinchera, FrancescaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This is for Marcus Grupa
"Any thoughts that you'd like to start with?"

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0446619078, Mass Market Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:00 -0400)

Taking a hard look at his life after a streak of bad luck, LAPD detective Harry Bosch decides to tackle the unsolved decades-old murder of his mother and uncovers a devastating truth.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,853,162 books! | Top bar: Always visible