The Force Unleashed (Star Wars) by Haden…

The Force Unleashed (Star Wars)

by Haden Blackman

Series: Star Wars

I haven't played the game, but I think I was able to pick where the boss battles would be in it. Quite interesting storyline, but could be fleshed out with more detail. The graphics/illustrations are quite good though. ( )
  Davros-10 | Dec 5, 2013 |
Darkhorse Graphic Novel

Script by Haden Blackman

Art by Brian Ching, Bong Dazo and Wayne Nichols

Lettering by Michael Heisler

Coloring by Michael Atiyeh

Editing by Randy Stradley

Based on the video game by the same name, the Star Wars the Force Unleashed graphic novel is the story of Starkiller’s apprenticeship to Darth Vader. Found by Senator Bail Organa and Captain Eclipse two years before the Battle of Yavin deactivated and nearly destroyed, buried in the snow on Corellia, Starkiller’s training droid, Proxy, narrates the story.

As a secret apprentice to Darth Vader, Starkiller’s whole existence was spent learning the ways of the Sith and accepting assignments to hunt down Jedi that escaped Order 66. Proxy was with the apprentice for every training session, for every exercise, and for every assignment. With this knowledge Senator Organa is able to piece together Starkiller’s motives and last moments…and the birth of the Rebellion.

Even if you aren’t a gamer and have never played The Force Unleashed this is a FANTASTIC saga in the Star Wars universe. While this story is told in a full length novel (which really surprised me how well written and enthralling it was, especially since it was based on a video game), there’s just something about seeing really great art put to story that enhances the episode. ( )
  storeyonastory | Jul 5, 2012 |
Whether you’ve played (or are still playing) the game, have read Sean Williams’ novel, or even read the graphic novel, I’m sure you’ll all agree with me when I say this one word: WOW! Read the rest of my review here: http://davebrendon.wordpress.com/2008/10/09/review-the-force-unleashed-graphic-n... ( )
  Dave-Brendon | May 6, 2009 |
I realise this is just a graphic novelisation of a computer game and that I shouldn't expect it to be anything other than ordinary... but by any low expectations this is a really poorly written affair. There's nothing wrong with the artwork at all, in fact it's actually pretty good. However, the writing is of a very basic quality with little in the way of characterisation. To describe the main protagonist Starkiller as two dimensional would be to give him far too credit. He's one dimensional at best, an extremely bland and flat character who, rather than excite readers with his role as Darth Vader's secret apprentice, manages to be little more than an ordinary looking man with a lightsabre. He jumps, he swipes, he fights, he says things... but that's it really. Big shame this because the overall plot and the premise were impressive and ambitious. The end result though is something that might entertain a ten year old but not someone who's been in love with the whole Star Wars saga for the last 20 years. ( )
  Echobrain | Feb 2, 2009 |

After the birth pangs of the empire, Darth Vader took on a secret apprentice. Sent on deadly missions to track down and destroy the Jedi, this apprentice helped shape one of the darkest times in the history of the galaxy.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,356,028 books! | Top bar: Always visible