Pasaje al paraíso by Michael Connelly

Pasaje al paraíso (original 1997; edition 1998)

by Michael Connelly

Member:sora91
Title:Pasaje al paraíso
Authors:Michael Connelly
Info:Barcelona : Ediciones B, 1998
Collections:Leídos, Read but unowned
Tags:negra

Trunk Music by Michael Connelly (1997)

Recently added byprivate library, cathylattin, chrisreyes2316, macdherbe, geopat, corgiiman, LottaTypos

English (27)  Dutch (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (29)
An interesting title filled with more twists and turns then I expected. And logical ones at that! I'm glad to see the return of Eleanor Wish, but I'm ambivalent about how I feel since I know from later books she isn't permanently in the picture. I really like Lt. Bullets, a strong but soft feminine side.
I wonder how / if they'll keep the FBI as part of LAPD's life. ( )
  skinglist | Jul 20, 2014 |
After his utterly catastrophic meltdown in the last book, Bosch is somehow back on Hollywood homicide and about to get into his first case--a man executed and shoved in his trunk. It has all the earmarks of a hit by the outfit--a little "trunk music," as they would say. But Bosch, suspicious as always, grabs hold of the case and refuses to let go, even though it leads him into a tangled mess of gambling, revenge, and the mob in a city even more corrupt than his own: Las Vegas.

Although it wasn't deep or particularly thought-provoking, in terms of pure easy-going enjoyment, this one might rank top of my list in the series so far. Very little of the book is spent agonizing over Bosch's personal tragedies. It's back to business as usual in this one, Bosch actually has reasonable control over his temper, and the mystery takes center stage. Our 'walk-on-to-prove-a-point' female characters from the last book are gone, but this time, three new ones have been introduced--and two aren't even love interests! What a thought! I'm curious if they'll stick around. The mystery is solid, the plot is fun, and Bosch, rather than antagonizing everyone he meets, actually has some great and heartwarming moments of camaraderie and (for him) friendship. Overall it adds up to a very enjoyable read. ( )
  page.fault | Sep 21, 2013 |
Not one of the best Harry Bosch books, in my opinion. Burdened by the wooden romance. ( )
  Laura400 | Jul 16, 2013 |
I have been borrowing the Kindle versions of Michael Connelly's Bosch series from my local library. This book was a quick read and not as dark as some. I enjoyed it and have requested the next in the series. ( )
  Amusedbythis | May 26, 2013 |
This was my least favorite book in the Harry Bosch series so far - it was just downright BORING. The mystery finally took an interesting turn once the story was more than halfway over, but it was too little, too late. By that point, I had already taken quite a few breaks from this book to read the Pretty Little Liars YA series, a mystery series which actually had me flying through the pages and dying to know the outcome. Trunk Music needed to be thrown in a trunk and shot in the head. Even worse than the boring mystery was the author's inability to write romantic relationships with a single ounce of realism. The romance had been melodramatically painful in previous Bosch books, but I'd been willing enough to overlook it since the mysteries were good. This whole book was just a stinker. ( )
  BrookeAshley | May 23, 2013 |

Michael Connellyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Montanari, GianniTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This is for my editor, Michael Pietsch
As he drove along Mulholland Drive toward the Cahuenga Pass, Bosch began to hear the music.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0446198196, Mass Market Paperback)

LAPD Homicide detective Bosch is back from an involuntary administrative leave just in time for the bodies to start turning up. When he finds hints of an mob hit but can't interest the organized crime unit in the murder, Bosch has to take the investigation into his own hands in a this hard-boiled tale full of sharp turns. Fans of Michael Connelly's excellent, The Poet, will go wild for this even better addition to the Harry Bosch series.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:38:09 -0400)

A detective investigating a murder is fired for his efforts because his probe disrupted an FBI sting operation. He is Hieronymous Bosch of the Los Angeles police department who was investigating the slaying of a movie producer. A tale of Hollywood films, crooked money and crooked cops.… (more)

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,615,142 books! | Top bar: Always visible