THE WOMAN WHO RIDES LIKE A MAN ( Song of The…

THE WOMAN WHO RIDES LIKE A MAN ( Song of The Lioness 3) (original 1986; edition 2005)

by Tamora Pierce

Member:wonderlandchick
Title:THE WOMAN WHO RIDES LIKE A MAN ( Song of The Lioness 3)
Authors:Tamora Pierce
Info:Simon Pulse (2005), Edition: paperback / softback, Paperback

The Woman Who Rides Like a Man by Tamora Pierce (1986)

English (43)  German (1)  All languages (44)
The fist year of Alana's knighthood
  StarKnits | Feb 6, 2019 |
Stupid Thom,
Arrogant Jon,
Why do your names have to rhyme?
I feel like I just bit a lime.

Wow, I am REALLY lame. ( )
  Monica_P | Nov 22, 2018 |
Spoiler alert

Things i like about this book:
1. Introduction of new culture
2. Alana believing in gender equality and demanding while also making other people demand for its establishment
3. Sutble hint of return of roger

Things i hate about this book:
1. Imperialism mirroring; alana the saviour of tribal people, teaching them "proper" ways like unveiling women (let them be who they wanna be)
2. Alana whining about everything
3. Alana and Jons weird romance. Has even less chemistry than beetlejuice and alec baldwin
4. Jon being a pampered jerk from a modest prince
5. No sign of george until alana needed him as a rebound
6. Evil religious people ( I am agnostic myself, but I found this potrayal to be stereotyping)

Did not forsee this series going so down the hill ( )
  M.Akter.Tonima | Nov 3, 2017 |

Things i hate about this book:
2. Alana whining about everything
4. Jon being a pampered jerk from a modest prince
5. No sign of george until alana needed him as a rebound

Did not forsee this series going so down the hill ( )
  M.Akter.Tonima | Nov 3, 2017 |
Alanna sojourns in the desert amongst a tribe of the Bahzir, after defeating their shaman. This story appealed to me more than Book 2. The characterizations were lively and the story less contrived with Alanna 'out' as a woman. ( )
  SandyAMcPherson | Aug 9, 2017 |

Tamora Pierceprimary authorall editionscalculated
Alvarado, TriniNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Heyer, MarileeCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Patti,JoyceCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Pa, Ma, and Kim--
my own personal pride of lions--
And particularly to Pa,
who started me writing in the first place
Alanna of Trebond, the sole woman knight in the realm of Tortall, splashed happily in the waters of an oasis, enjoying her first bath in three days.
"You are a terrifying creature," the Voice told her solemnly. "You do not take your place in your father's tent, letting men make your decisions. You ride as a man, you fight as a man, and you think as a man --"

"I think as a human being," she retorted hotly. "Men don't think any differently from women -- they just make more noise about being able to."

As Coram chuckled, Mukhtab said, "Have you not discovered that when people, men and women, find a woman who acts intelligently, they say she acts like a man?"

-- p.43
"Better that you die and become a legend. Legends force no one to change." (p.43)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0689878583, Mass Market Paperback)

"Let her prove herself worthy as a man."

Newly knighted, Alanna of Trebond seeks adventure in the vast desert of Tortall. Captured by fierce desert dwellers, she is forced to prove herself in a duel to the death -- either she will be killed or she will be inducted into the tribe. Although she triumphs, dire challenges lie ahead. As her mythic fate would have it, Alanna soon becomes the tribe's first female shaman -- despite the desert dwellers' grave fear of the foreign woman warrior. Alanna must fight to change the ancient tribal customs of the desert tribes -- for their sake and for the sake of all Tortall.

Alanna's journey continues...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:45 -0400)

Alanna adopteres af bazhirerne, et ørkenfolk i det sydlige Tortall, og bliver deres shaman. Samtidig er hun splittet i sin kærlighed til kronprinsen Jonathan og tyvenes konge Gergi.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,185,418 books! | Top bar: Always visible