The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete…

The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead (original 2003; edition 2003)

by Max Brooks

Member:butterflyfish
Title:The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead
Authors:Max Brooks
Info:Three Rivers Press (2003), Edition: 1, Paperback, 288 pages

The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead by Max Brooks (2003)

Recently added bykgthor, AK23, private library, rivkaselin, Giesy, scodenton, staatsl

English (92)  Spanish (2)  Italian (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  French (1)  All languages (97)
Fun read. A great companion piece to anyone who enjoys zombie-related literature. ( )
  trile1000 | Jul 7, 2014 |
Not really a big fan of this book. Much preferred World War Z. Maybe I'm not one for "list" style books - more of a narrative kinda guy. Ah well. I'll give it props for being original. ( )
  branimal | Apr 1, 2014 |
unknown
  Bruno_Estigarribia | Mar 31, 2014 |
This is the companion piece to "World War Z". Well, it was written first, but you know what I mean. This is the standard handbook guide to surviving a zombie apocalypse -- a subject near and dear to my heart, and other organs. It's good instructions, with a lot of stuff that's useful for any apocalypse scenario. I really need to pick this up and keep it in storage, just in case I end up being the omega man.

But as far as entertainment, it's a bit dry and there's more information than you need. The bookstores categorize this in the humor section. I don't see what's humorous about a zombie invasion. It's a serious book. It's a handbook, meant for reference. ( )
  theWallflower | Dec 17, 2013 |
Every time I went to our local bookstore, this book always catches my eye. I succumbed to curiosity and finally bought a copy. I didn't know what to expect, but the book was written in such a way that you'll actually think zombies are real and out to get you. It's very detailed and matter-of-factly and maybe that's what makes it so entertaining. Although it was very fun at first, when you finally convince yourself that the undead's not after you, it starts to be a little bit of a drag to read. ( )
  danayzabelle | Dec 11, 2013 |
For Mom and Dad. And for Michelle, who makes life worth fighting for.
What is a zombie?

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 071563318X, Paperback)

Drawing from reams of historical data, laboratory experiments, field research, and eyewitness accounts, this comprehensive and illustrated guide is the only book you'll need to face the greatest challenge mankind has ever encountered. Granted, you probably already know that skills such as wilderness survival, leadership, and basic first aid are important when fighting off hordes of the undead. But The Zombie Survival Guide doesn't stop there, teaching you how to: Identify cases of infection by the zombie virus, Solanum, and recognize the hourly progression of symptoms: 'Hour 8: Numbing Of Extremities And Infected Area, Increased Fever [103-106 Degrees], Increased Dementia, Loss Of Muscular Coordination'; choose the right weapon: 'A Section Of Lead Pipe Will Work For A Single Encounter But Is Too Heavy For Those On The Move'; defend your home: 'A Ten-Foot Cinder-Block Wall, Reinforced Wih Steel Rods And Filled With Concrete, Is The Safest Barrier In Both Class 1 And Class 2 Outbreaks'; and much more. Filled with helpful illustrations and a sample 'Outbreak Journal' that should be kept on your person at all times, The Zombie Survival Guide is the only guide you will need to survive a most certain pandemic. 'Ignorance is the undead's strongest ally, knowledge their deadliest enemy,' Brooks writes. 'Personal choice, the will to live, must be paramount when the dead begin to rise. The choice is up to you.'

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:02:02 -0400)

A guide to surviving an attack by hordes of the predatory undead explains zombie physiology and behavior, the most effective weaponry and defense strategies, how to outfit one's home for a long siege, and how to survive in any terrain.

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,650,806 books! | Top bar: Always visible