Prophet: A Novel by Frank E. Peretti

Prophet: A Novel (original 1992; edition 1992)

by Frank E. Peretti

Member:kms7valley
Title:Prophet: A Novel
Authors:Frank E. Peretti
Info:Crossway Books (1992), Edition: 1st pb edition, Paperback, 416 pages
Tags:Christian Fiction, Suspense, anchorman, newscast

Prophet by Frank E. Peretti (1992)

I loved the dialogue and the opening paragraph . ( )
  GWriter40 | Aug 3, 2018 |
A forties something news anchor must deal with God. His father is a prophet, who is killed. He is given the mantle and must confront the current governor about lies about abortion and the death of the governor's oldest daughter. A bit fluffy. The thing I really didn't like was how characters were thrown together without any apparent intro. I had to reread parts several times to make sure I hadn't missed something. I'd buy it hardover if I could find it cheap. ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
The book begins in the world of John Barrett, a successful news anchorman for channel 6 and his father, a successful businessman. Their two worlds collide when John's father makes the news by challenging a prominent political figure. John's disdain for his father's public proselytizing is brought to a sudden halt when his father is mysteriously killed. This event forces John to understand his father, go head to head with a powerful politician, reconcile with his son, question his own integrity and keep the news crew of channel 6 from putting an erroneous spin on a story.

I don't usually read this author who often writes with Ted Dekker, who I am very selective about. That being said. I did enjoy the story line behind this book. A well crafted story, with interest building throughout the book. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
A story that depicts the raging battle between the forces behind the pro-life and pro-choice movements. John Barrett, a high profile, TV anchor man finds himself embroiled in the middle of a story involving the death of both his father and the Governer's daughter. How are they connected? John is forced to self examine as the plot unfolds as his life takes a shape he did not expect.
This story will either make you very mad or it will lift your spirits. Read it either way. Also, the narrator did a fabulous job of creating character voices to help the imagination ( )
  gaillamontagne | Apr 5, 2013 |
Descriptive of how hungry the world is to believe in ( )
  Phamm | Jan 7, 2013 |
To Jan and Lane

true prophets in their own right
John Barrett heard God speak when he was ten years old.

A top news anchor risks his job and his life to battle the politically correct attitudes of members of the Channel 6 news team who are hiding the truth about his father's death. By the author of Piercing the Darkness. Major ad/promo.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:37 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,529,415 books! | Top bar: Always visible