Trickster's Queen by Tamora Pierce
Recently added byprivate library, kelmcnic, Zaffiro, Rem71090, jphung, joejoejoe, japhicdesign2
    Talon of the Unnamed Goddess by C. R. Daems (0628perfect)
    0628perfect: Both of these books have strong female characters. However I think that Aly and Aisha have the same wit and cunning. Aly uses her wit and cunning to be a spy. However Aisha uses her wits to survive to become a Talon. If you enjoyed the spy intrigue of Trickster's Queen then you will enjoy the shadow war tactics of the Talons.… (more)

Sequel to Trickster’s Choice. I could tell part of where the story was going by the end of the first book, but I was still entranced by this one. I really like Aly and hope that eventually we hear some more about her. ( )
  maureene87 | Apr 4, 2013 |
A good sequel with its own twist/surprise. ( )
  EhEh | Apr 3, 2013 |
This is not one of my more favorite Tamora Pierce books. Sometimes I think she gets too bloodthirsty in how she wants to punish criminals. Also I didn't really like the heroine, I forget her name, but the guy who can turn into a raven? So hot. ( )
  JenneB | Apr 2, 2013 |
I actually didn't care as much for this one as I did for Trickster's Choice. It felt like the first book was all of the character setup and this book was all of the action - maybe it would have worked better as only one book. I also think I was far more interested in Dove as a character than in Aly. Still - great fun. I really can't get enough of Pierce's books. Trini Alvarado who did the Lioness quartet, narrates the Listening Library edition adeptly. One additional note - the tracking is too long with some tracks as long as 8 to 10 minutes. Listened to CD edition. Previously read. ( )
  JenJ. | Mar 31, 2013 |
I love Pierce's books, high fantasy young adult works featuring strong heroines and this is among her best set in Tortall. I loved the milleu depicted in this book, which reminded me of Indonesia somewhat. This is the second book centered on Aly, daughter of Alanna from the Lioness Quartet and I like this one even more than the first, Trickster's Choice; in this one Aly becomes a spymaster and I loved reading of all the political intrigue. And I loved how the darklings were featured in this book. I was surprised to find out that among her characters Aly is the one Pierce likes the least. I think she's my favorite, even though Keladry gives her a run for her money. But then I think the very qualities that put Pierce off are exactly what I find attractive. I love Aly's cunning. She's well-named as a trickster who triumphs using her brain and not a sword. ( )
  LisaMaria_C | Oct 20, 2012 |

Tamora Pierceprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Alvarado, TriniNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gerardi, JanCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Loehr, MalloryCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tenneson, JoyceCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Is contained in

To Bruce Coville, divinely tricky, magically inspiring --

one of the best men I've ever known,

and

To Mary Lou Pierce,

the best Ma in the world
In the winter of 462-463 H.E., the brown-skinned raka people and their many allies, part-bloods and white-skinned luarin, prepared for revolution against the luarin ruling house, the Rittevons.
It was her experience that even the best of men had to indulge themselves with fits of moroseness. (p.111, Chapter 5, "The Demands of Rebellion")
Stop that, Aly told herself. You'll have a quiet bit of fun yourself tonight. It won't be as enjoyable as watching bad things burn, but life is imperfect that way. (p.199, Chapter 10, "Eclipse")
COPYRIGHT PAGE NOTICES:

All rights reserved under International and Pan-American Copyright Conventions.

Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data are included.

Aly’s adventure continues. . . . No longer a slave, Alanna’s daughter is now spying as part of an underground rebellion against the colonial rulers of the Copper Isles. The people in the rebellion believe that a prophecy in which a new queen will rise up to take the throne is about to be realized. Aly is busy keeping the potential teenage queen and her younger siblings safe, while also keeping her in the dark about her future. But Aly, who is usually adept at anticipating danger and changes, is in for a few nasty surprises.
New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestselling author Tamora Pierce captured the imagination of readers 20 years ago with Alanna: The First Adventure. As of August 2003, she has written 21 books including three completed quartets: The Song of the Lioness, The Immortals, and The Protector of the Small, set in the fantasy realm of Tortall. She has also written the Circle of Magic and The Circle Opens quartets. The author lives in New York, NY.

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:23:44 -0400)

Aly fails to foresee the dangers that await as she uses her magic to safeguard Dova and her younger siblings, despite knowing that her thirteen-year-old charge might be queen of the Copper Isles when the colonial rulers are defeated.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,125,608 books! | Top bar: Always visible