Dandelion Fire by N. D. Wilson

Dandelion Fire (2009)

by N. D. Wilson

Recently added byallisonprater, private library, Adwyer1021, memlhd, nltg, powertriangle, DanaSchipporeit

A little confusing at times, but a delightful story with twists and turns. ( )
  memlhd | Jan 23, 2016 |
A little confusing at times, but a delightful story with twists and turns. ( )
  memlhd | Jan 23, 2016 |
Book 2 of the series and in my opinion, not as good as the first. The story picked up right where 100 Cupboards left off and although it was written for a slightly older audience than the first, I found it choppy and confusing at times. The idea of Henry traveling through the cupboards to hidden worlds appealed to me but I find myself quickly losing interest. His constant bickering with cousin Henrietta gets boring and too many auxiliary characters to keep track of. A good idea but poorly executed and I'm surprised most reviews rate this book a 4/5. ( )
1 vote TurboSnails | Mar 23, 2011 |
I spent a lot of time being annoyed with it in the beginning - it not only had the same random actions and obscure motivations as 100 Cupboards, it had to add a whole new set of - I don't know quite what to call them. Triggers? Reasons for motivations? The 'dandelion fire' of the title shows up completely randomly, then controls actions for basically all of the book. Bah. However, when all was said and done, it did come to a conclusion and even a sort of happy ending (though the Witch of Endor is still loose). Most motivations are explained, there are a lot of reunions, some solutions to long-standing problems are found, some solutions to immediate problems are found...It's not a wonderful series, and I doubt I'll reread or pick up a third book if there should be one (there were enough loose ends that there could be - the Witch, and Richard, for two). Still, I'm glad I read it. By the end of this book I was satisfied with the story I'd been told. I might pick up another by this author, on the assumption that the randomness and obscure motivations were a mark of a new author getting his feet under him. Or I might not...it's not like I need any more books to read! ( )
  jjmcgaffey | Mar 5, 2010 |
This is the second book in the 100 Cupboards series. Henry finds out that his parents are not really his parents. He came from one of the cupboards by accident . He also learns his uncle was from one of the cupboards.Uncle Frank is concerned for Henry. He knows so much more about the cupboards than he has let on. Henry and Henriette are out behind the barn trying to find the key she had buried when it seems that lightning has struck Henry. He has the image of a dandelion burned into his hand and he is blind. In this book Henry goes through the cupboard and learns who he really is.

He must decide who to trust and how to help fight the evil and survive at the same time. The evil witch of Endor has destroyed the house that Henry has been staying in. Uncle Henry has no choice but to take his family through the cupboard into his former world while they look for Henrietta and Henry. Henry and Henrietta are in separate worlds. I like fantasy but up until these two books I can honestly say I never “loved” fantasy. These two books held me mesmerized the entire time I read them. I want to find out more about the worlds. I have the third book and will gladly read it and review it in February. Please stay tuned. ( )
  skstiles612 | Feb 8, 2010 |
For Heather Linn
amo te mea nais
Kansas is not easily impressed.

Henry York never dreamed his time in Kansas would open a door to adventure—much less a hundred doors. But a visit to his aunt and uncle’s farm took an amazing turn when cupboard doors, hidden behind Henry’s bedroom wall, revealed themselves to be portals to other worlds. Now, with his time at the farm drawing to a close, Henry makes a bold decision—he must go through the cupboards to find the truth about where he’s from and who his parents are. Following that trail will take him from one world to another, and ultimately into direct conflict with the evil of Endor.

N. D. Wilson and his wife live in Idaho. Also visit www.ndwilson.com.

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:25 -0400)

Presents the continuing adventures of Henry York, who has been living in Kansas with his cousins, where he discovers doorways leading to other worlds and becomes involved in a multi-world struggle between good and evil.

127 wanted4 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,070,770 books! | Top bar: Always visible