dismiss

Mondo 2000: A User's Guide to the New Edge…

Mondo 2000: A User's Guide to the New Edge (1992)

by Rudy Rucker

Series: Mondo 2000

202194,457 (3.4)None
Already a bestselling magazine, now a book, Mondo 200 is California's favourite guide to future lifestyles, telling readers how they can live in tomorrow's world today. Designed for the new millenium, it sets out to create its own virtual space, somewhere between science fiction, surrealism, futuristic fashion, bleeding-edge technology, mutant graphics, rock and roll, and deconstruction.… (more)

culture (78)

Ah, Mondo 2000, how I miss you. A reference tome of sorts to cyberculture, circa 1992. Makes WIRED magazine look like pedestrian Muzak. ( )
  hobreads | Jun 22, 2010 |
When my family and I moved to California, one of the first things I did was to visit the City Lights bookstore on Columbus Avenue in San Francisco's North Beach, right across Jack Kerouac Alley from the funky old beatnik bar/cafe called Vesuvio.
How fast are you? How dense?

Essays discuss topics dealing with the interaction of people and computers and the impact of technology on art, literature, and music

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 146,198,673 books! | Top bar: Always visible