Snowball's Chance by John Reed

Snowball's Chance (2002)

by John Reed

444262,368 (4)3
All member reviews
I don't know. I quite enjoyed the book, and its take on the present world catastrophe. I didn't see George Orwell as the target, which is commonly reported. ( )
  Hollos | Sep 2, 2007 |
Brilliantly written. It’s wise, funny, and sad. An animal farm that embraces capitalism. A pig that prefers to read Shakespeare, instead is forced into running the show. A disturbing look at society through the eyes of these animals, and their activities. ( )
  pralada | May 30, 2007 |
I was challenged to read it, basically, because I claim to be a huge orwell fan (which I am, he is the only author that "matters"), and I picked it up fully expecting to hate it, not only because it's an attack on sainted George, but because I think contemporary books rot, for the most part. And then all I could find was a first edition, which cost me nearly fifty bucks. I was fuming. But, alas, I really appreciated it. FYI: I don't think George would have disliked it. He would have loved it, especially as messed up as the world it today. ( )
  Atamania | May 28, 2007 |
I absolutely love this book. It was kind of hard to get, but worth the effort. It's scary how well the author was able to paint a picture of the US post 9/11. It might take effort to get it, because apparently Orwell's estate is suing the author. ( )
  Akasha_evil | Apr 12, 2007 |

John Reed is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

is also the author John Reed.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,034,938 books! | Top bar: Always visible