Kisses and Lies by Lauren Henderson

Kisses and Lies

by Lauren Henderson

Recently added byarchiebragg, private library, tardisgal, dm13, miezetatze, kurros

kisses and lies is the second book in the series. Kisses and lies tell about how scarlet is searching to find daves killer. she founds out that it was a allergi reaction. she finds out the dave was allergic to peanuts. She thens remembers that she ate peanut chips and how they were soacked with peanut oil. somebody mus of pored peanut oil in the bowl of chips, hoping dave would eat them. Who pored the oil in the bowl? read the book to find out. ( )
  yasemin.ykar8298 | Oct 26, 2011 |
This is an enormously popular series at my school, and this, the third book, manages to tie up all the loose ends quite nicely. ( )
  JRlibrary | May 17, 2011 |
This is a fun little series and far more interesting than it's (poorer) counterpart, Pretty Little Liars. The characters are far more interesting, the plot strong and the resolution perfect. There might be frustrating moments when Scarlett or the other teens in the novel are frustrating, but I don't really mind because I know that Henderson will sort it out. I'm really glad she resolved the main plot in this book, now I can look forward to the third one without the murder issue hanging over Scarlett's head. Henderson also added, much to my surprise (and a tiny bit of delight) a bit of romantic angst to the resolution and, well, it was a very nice ending. ( )
  callmecayce | Apr 17, 2011 |
Henderson’s YA amateur detective mystery Kisses and Lies is a continuation of sorts of Kiss Me Kill Me. Don’t worry if you missed out on the first novel, Henderson does a great job reviewing and catching the YA readers up to speed on Scarlett’s first kiss that resulted in her dream boy’s death. Henderson involves new characters, as well as a new setting into this book, allowing the unfamiliar readers to feel nothing has been missed by not reading Kiss Me Kill Me. The protagonist, along with her American best friend,Taylor, set out to clear Scarlett’s name in the death of dream boy Dan. While staging set-ups, falling for a new guy, and dealing with ups and downs in her friendship with Taylor, it isn’t until the last two chapters of the book that everything comes together for Scarlett. Like most mysteries, an easy read, high school age appropriate and more suited for girls than boys. ( )
  kdangleis | Nov 2, 2010 |
I like how this book started right back in to the mystery of who killed Dan. Scarlett and Taylor are already into trouble by chapter three.
Half way through the book it picked up and the pages flew by. Scarlett ends up going and staying with Dan's family after she writes them a letter saying she has something of Dan's to return and wants to talk with them. When she gets there everyone is nice to her except Callum-Dan's twin brother that Scarlett didn't know about- and Lucy, Callum's girlfriend. Callum doesn't like her because he thinks she had something to do with Dan's death. And Lucy doesn't like her because she is jealous of her and Callum. Lucy wants to run the castle with Callum and they need to get married so that is why Lucy doesn't like Scarlett and shoots at her one day in the woods. Scarlett doesn't know it was Lucy until the end of the book.
I had figured out who the killer was around page 230. But it was still a shock at the end and how it played out.
I wish that Scarlett and Callum's relationship would have went farther. After Scarlett left to go to stay with Dan's family, Jase wasn't' really mentioned and I was really rooting for Scarlett and Callum. I understand the whole them not being together because of all that they had been through with Dan and the killer, but to me it would have been perfect because they could have helped each other through everything.
I hope there is another book after this one. I am thinking not since the killer was already identified. But the way the book ended it was left open at the end, either in the way for you to make up your own ending on where Jase and Scarlett's relationship goes and how Plum and Scarlett get along now that Plum is going to Scarlett's school now. Or if their will be more book and more mysteries for Scarlett and Taylor to solve. I am hoping more books since I want Scarlett to get with Callum. :) ( )
  trishalynn0708 | Jun 6, 2010 |
To every teenage girl out there whose first kiss didn't go quite as she'd hoped it would...
"Show me something!" Dan says.

After discovering that someone saw what looked like Dan’s emergency EpiPen in A-lister Plum’s designer handbag, Scarlett and her tough American sidekick, Taylor, sneak into a posh London nightclub, where Plum has a private table. Scarlett is stunned to discover a piece of evidence that might implicate another girl in Plum’s exclusive circle, Lucy Raleigh. Which means Scarlett must cast a wider net in order to catch the right suspect.

Back at school, groundskeeper Jase is hoping to take Scarlett’s mind off her troubles with some heart-stopping kisses. Scarlett can’t help but feel guilty for indulging in romantic rendezvous when she should be hunting down Dan’s killer. However, once Scarlett finds out how Lucy is connected to Dan, she knows she must drop everything and travel to the McAndrew estate in Scotland to hunt for more clues. But when she arrives, Scarlett becomes the target of a dangerous hunt herself.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:04:44 -0400)

Orphaned British teenager Scarlett Wakefield postpones her romance with the handsome son of the school groundskeeper in order to travel to Scotland with her American sidekick, Taylor, in search of clues to the murder of a boy who dropped dead after kissing Scarlett.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,980,966 books! | Top bar: Always visible