Winnie-the-Pooh (Pooh Original Edition) by…

Winnie-the-Pooh (Pooh Original Edition) (original 1926; edition 1992)

by A. A. Milne, Ernest H. Shepard (Illustrator)

Member:hemlokgang
Title:Winnie-the-Pooh (Pooh Original Edition)
Authors:A. A. Milne
Other authors:Ernest H. Shepard (Illustrator)
Info:Puffin (1992), Paperback, 176 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Children, Modern Library 100, Film

Winnie-the-Pooh by A. A. Milne (1926)

The House at Pooh Corner by A. A. Milne (gilberts)
    A Bear Called Paddington by Michael Bond (souloftherose)
    souloftherose: Another British children's book about bears. Both bears are very well-meaning but always seem to end up getting into all kinds of scrapes. They also share a lot of wisdom through the stories which makes them great books for adults to read and enjoy as well as children.… (more)
    Owly Volume 1: The Way Home & The Bittersweet Summer by Andy Runton (FFortuna)
    FFortuna: Owly reminds me most of the Winnie the Pooh TV cartoons, but the book as well.
    Finding Winnie: The True Story of the World’s Most Famous Bear by Lindsay Mattick (inge87)
    Ponder and William by Barbara Softly (bookel)

English (131)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  Hebrew (1)  English (134)
I didn't much care for the sound effects (forest noises and music between the chapters) but the stories retained their charm. It has been so long since I read these original stories that I had forgotten them -- what I remember is the Disney animation. ( )
  leslie.98 | Nov 29, 2016 |
I liked this book, but I definitely liked other versions of it better. This one was more of a chapter book and was older. When there are pictures, I think this kind of book is better. Kids are used to seeing winnie the pooh so there would be more connections. ( )
  Oliviacap | Nov 20, 2016 |
This is one of my all time favorite books growing up. It is a great story about friendship. ( )
  farrarsmith | Nov 15, 2016 |
Winnie the Pooh has always been a favorite book series of mine, and I would love to share their stories of friendship to my students one day. ( )
  laurenkt | Oct 22, 2016 |
Great Finnish edition from 1934, the cover design showing a massive and threatening Winnie with two smiling children in an upturned umbrella
  jon1lambert | Jul 11, 2016 |

Shepard, E.H.Illustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Her

Hand in hand we come

Christopher Robin and I

To lay this book in your lap.

Say you're surprised?

Say you like it?

Say it's just what you wanted?

Because it's yours--

Because we love you.
Here is Edward Bear, coming downstairs now, bump, bump, bump, on the back of his head, behind Christopher Robin.
“When you wake up in the morning, Pooh,” said Piglet at last, “what’s the first thing you say to yourself?” “What’s for breakfast,” said Pooh. “What do you say, Piglet?” “I say, I wonder what’s going to happen exciting today?” said Piglet. Pooh nodded thoughtfully. “It’s the same thing,” he said. (160)
So Kanga and Roo stayed in the Forest. And every Tuesday Roo spent the day with his great friend Rabbit, and every Tuesday Kanga spent the day with her great friend Pooh, teaching him to jump, and every Tuesday Piglet spent the day with his great friend Christopher Robin. So they were all happy again. (109)
[Piglet] is jealous because he thinks Pooh is having a Grand Introduction all to himself. Pooh is the favourite, of course, there’s no denying it, but Piglet comes in for a good many things which Pooh misses; because you can’t take Pooh to school without everybody knowing it, but Piglet is so small that he slips into a pocket, where it is very comfortable to feel him… and in this way he has got more education than Pooh, but Pooh doesn’t mind. Some have brains, and some haven’t, he says, and there it is. (ii-iii)
The isbn 0525430350 is associated with an unabridged version of "Winnie-the-Pooh", not Disney's "Winnie-the-Pooh and Tigger".

Edward Bear acquires a new name, Winnie-the-Pooh, and a new life with the inhabitants of the Hundred Acre Woods.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:19 -0400)

Join Pooh and his friends as they go adventuring in that most special place, the Hundred Acre Wood. This edition reproduces the original 1926 Winnie-the-Pooh.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,723,514 books! | Top bar: Always visible