Winnie the Pooh (Hodder Children's…

Winnie the Pooh (Hodder Children's Audio) (original 1926; edition 2002)

by A. A. Milne, Stephen Fry (Performer), Jane Horrocks (Performer)

Member:VicksieDo
Title:Winnie the Pooh (Hodder Children's Audio)
Authors:A. A. Milne
Other authors:Stephen Fry (Performer), Jane Horrocks (Performer)
Info:Hodder Headline Audiobooks (2002), Audio CD
Rating:*****

Winnie-the-Pooh by A. A. Milne (1926)

The House at Pooh Corner by A. A. Milne (gilberts)
    A Bear Called Paddington by Michael Bond (souloftherose)
    souloftherose: Another British children's book about bears. Both bears are very well-meaning but always seem to end up getting into all kinds of scrapes. They also share a lot of wisdom through the stories which makes them great books for adults to read and enjoy as well as children.… (more)
    Owly Volume 1: The Way Home & The Bittersweet Summer by Andy Runton (FFortuna)
    FFortuna: Owly reminds me most of the Winnie the Pooh TV cartoons, but the book as well.
    Ponder and William by Barbara Softly (bookel)

English (107)  German (2)  Dutch (1)  Hebrew (1)  All languages (111)
A long time ago.
  pife43 | Jul 23, 2014 |
This was so cute! The both the narrative and the characters were so endearing! ( )
  LaPhenix | Jul 11, 2014 |
If this book wasn’t on the BBC list I’m looking to complete I would never have picked this book up. I never was into Winnie the Pooh as a child. And yet listening to these short stories I remember seeing them somewhere as an animation, so I must have seen the classic stories somewhere – Pooh trying to get honey with a balloon, Pooh saving Piglet from the flood in an upside down umbrella, Pooh giving Eeyore a jar for his birthday, etc. It’s not a book I particularly liked but it wasn’t bad either. And it was only a three hour audio, something I got through very easily. And since it’s a classic it was worth the short listen/read. Now I can say I’ve read it. It’s one of those books. ( )
  Kassilem | Jun 5, 2014 |
My opinion on Winnie the Pooh may be biased because growing up I was always read Pooh stories as well as watched all the cartoons. Going back as an adult and reading this book I loved it just as much as when I was a child. The things I liked about this book was that it is so light and adventurous just as a child should be. I like how Pooh was not the most intelligent giving it a humorous aspect as the reader goes through and sees the ridiculous ideas he comes up with and finds to be brilliant. I also like the humor of how Pooh is always hungry, in every story he is gorging on honey at some point. Something I also really like about Winnie the Pooh is the bond of friendship it displays. The friendship between Christopher Robin and the animals of the Hundred Acre Woods and the relationship developed between all the animals that live there. "“If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” There are numerous heartfelt friendship quotes as this one throughout the book that make it all the more pleasing to read. I also like how Milne used Shepard to illustrate the book because while his illustrations are simple they carry a quaint eloquence that ties into the tone of the text nicely. This book has stayed a favorite over 90 years after its publication I believe because of its message of lively, adventurous, innocent youth. ( )
  kwiggi3 | Apr 8, 2014 |
I listened to this as I was flying to Florida. It was delightful. Very soothing when I had a terrible headache. I especially loved Piglet's voice. It was a great cast for this production. ( )
  njcur | Feb 13, 2014 |

Shepard, E.H.Illustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Her

Hand in hand we come

Christopher Robin and I

To lay this book in your lap.

Say you're surprised?

Say you like it?

Say it's just what you wanted?

Because it's yours--

Because we love you.
Here is Edward Bear, coming downstairs now, bump, bump, bump, on the back of his head, behind Christopher Robin.
“When you wake up in the morning, Pooh,” said Piglet at last, “what’s the first thing you say to yourself?” “What’s for breakfast,” said Pooh. “What do you say, Piglet?” “I say, I wonder what’s going to happen exciting today?” said Piglet. Pooh nodded thoughtfully. “It’s the same thing,” he said. (160)
So Kanga and Roo stayed in the Forest. And every Tuesday Roo spent the day with his great friend Rabbit, and every Tuesday Kanga spent the day with her great friend Pooh, teaching him to jump, and every Tuesday Piglet spent the day with his great friend Christopher Robin. So they were all happy again. (109)
[Piglet] is jealous because he thinks Pooh is having a Grand Introduction all to himself. Pooh is the favourite, of course, there’s no denying it, but Piglet comes in for a good many things which Pooh misses; because you can’t take Pooh to school without everybody knowing it, but Piglet is so small that he slips into a pocket, where it is very comfortable to feel him… and in this way he has got more education than Pooh, but Pooh doesn’t mind. Some have brains, and some haven’t, he says, and there it is. (ii-iii)
The isbn 0525430350 is associated with an unabridged version of "Winnie-the-Pooh", not Disney's "Winnie-the-Pooh and Tigger".

Edward Bear acquires a new name, Winnie-the-Pooh, and a new life with the inhabitants of the Hundred Acre Woods.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:27:31 -0400)

The adventures of Christopher Robin and his friends, in which Pooh Bear uses a balloon to get honey, Piglet meets a Heffalump, and Eeyore has a birthday.

Nine editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,607,156 books! | Top bar: Always visible