Winnie the Pooh (Hodder Children's…

Winnie the Pooh (Hodder Children's Audio) (original 1926; edition 2002)

by A. A. Milne, Stephen Fry (Performer), Jane Horrocks (Performer)

Member:VicksieDo
Title:Winnie the Pooh (Hodder Children's Audio)
Authors:A. A. Milne
Other authors:Stephen Fry (Performer), Jane Horrocks (Performer)
Info:Hodder Headline Audiobooks (2002), Audio CD
Rating:*****

Winnie-the-Pooh by A. A. Milne (1926)

The House at Pooh Corner by A. A. Milne (gilberts)
    A Bear Called Paddington by Michael Bond (souloftherose)
    souloftherose: Another British children's book about bears. Both bears are very well-meaning but always seem to end up getting into all kinds of scrapes. They also share a lot of wisdom through the stories which makes them great books for adults to read and enjoy as well as children.… (more)
    Owly Volume 1: The Way Home & The Bittersweet Summer by Andy Runton (FFortuna)
    FFortuna: Owly reminds me most of the Winnie the Pooh TV cartoons, but the book as well.
    Finding Winnie: The True Story of the World’s Most Famous Bear by Lindsay Mattick (inge87)
    Ponder and William by Barbara Softly (bookel)

English (133)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  Hebrew (1)  All (136)
Love love love love love love love. Enough said. ( )
  kemilyh1988 | Jan 16, 2017 |
Summary: The adventures of Christopher Robin and his friends, in which Pooh Bear uses a balloon to get honey, Piglet meets a Heffalump, and Eeyore has his birthday. Pooh and Christopher meet other friends during the adventures, such as Kanga and Roo, and Rabbit.

Personal reaction: This was a childhood favorite for me, as I read Pooh's adventures atleast ten times. Christopher Robin is a relatable character with whom you can share your adventures with, and allows for the world of Pooh to seem as real as your imagination allows. An easy-to-read fantasy novel that subtly places hints of life-lessons, such as teamwork, friendship, and overcoming obstacles (no matter how silly they appear).

Classroom extensions: I would love to have my classroom go on a search for the "Heffalump" (perhaps in the school yard), much like a treasure map quest. Only through teamwork and critical thinking could the Heffalump be found. ( )
  Ali.Simon | Dec 12, 2016 |
I didn't much care for the sound effects (forest noises and music between the chapters) but the stories retained their charm. It has been so long since I read these original stories that I had forgotten them -- what I remember is the Disney animation. ( )
  leslie.98 | Nov 29, 2016 |
I liked this book, but I definitely liked other versions of it better. This one was more of a chapter book and was older. When there are pictures, I think this kind of book is better. Kids are used to seeing winnie the pooh so there would be more connections. ( )
  Oliviacap | Nov 20, 2016 |
This is one of my all time favorite books growing up. It is a great story about friendship. ( )
  farrarsmith | Nov 15, 2016 |

Shepard, E.H.Illustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Her

Hand in hand we come

Christopher Robin and I

To lay this book in your lap.

Say you're surprised?

Say you like it?

Say it's just what you wanted?

Because it's yours--

Because we love you.
Here is Edward Bear, coming downstairs now, bump, bump, bump, on the back of his head, behind Christopher Robin.
“When you wake up in the morning, Pooh,” said Piglet at last, “what’s the first thing you say to yourself?” “What’s for breakfast,” said Pooh. “What do you say, Piglet?” “I say, I wonder what’s going to happen exciting today?” said Piglet. Pooh nodded thoughtfully. “It’s the same thing,” he said. (160)
So Kanga and Roo stayed in the Forest. And every Tuesday Roo spent the day with his great friend Rabbit, and every Tuesday Kanga spent the day with her great friend Pooh, teaching him to jump, and every Tuesday Piglet spent the day with his great friend Christopher Robin. So they were all happy again. (109)
[Piglet] is jealous because he thinks Pooh is having a Grand Introduction all to himself. Pooh is the favourite, of course, there’s no denying it, but Piglet comes in for a good many things which Pooh misses; because you can’t take Pooh to school without everybody knowing it, but Piglet is so small that he slips into a pocket, where it is very comfortable to feel him… and in this way he has got more education than Pooh, but Pooh doesn’t mind. Some have brains, and some haven’t, he says, and there it is. (ii-iii)
The isbn 0525430350 is associated with an unabridged version of "Winnie-the-Pooh", not Disney's "Winnie-the-Pooh and Tigger".

Edward Bear acquires a new name, Winnie-the-Pooh, and a new life with the inhabitants of the Hundred Acre Woods.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:19 -0400)

Join Pooh and his friends as they go adventuring in that most special place, the Hundred Acre Wood. This edition reproduces the original 1926 Winnie-the-Pooh.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,226,220 books! | Top bar: Always visible