Winnie the Pooh by A. A. Milne

Winnie the Pooh (edition 1973)

by A. A. Milne, E.H. Shepard (Illustrator)

Series: Winnie-the-Pooh (1)

The adventures of Christopher Robin and his friends, in which Pooh Bear uses a balloon to get honey, Piglet meets a Heffalump, and Eeyore has a birthday.
Member:vtdavy
Title:Winnie the Pooh
Authors:A. A. Milne
Other authors:E.H. Shepard (Illustrator)
Info:Heinemann Young Books (1973), Edition: New edition, Hardcover, 146 pages

Winnie-the-Pooh by A. A. Milne

The House at Pooh Corner by A. A. Milne (gilberts)
    A Bear Called Paddington by Michael Bond (souloftherose)
    souloftherose: Another British children's book about bears. Both bears are very well-meaning but always seem to end up getting into all kinds of scrapes. They also share a lot of wisdom through the stories which makes them great books for adults to read and enjoy as well as children.… (more)
    Owly Volume 1: The Way Home & The Bittersweet Summer by Andy Runton (FFortuna)
    FFortuna: Owly reminds me most of the Winnie the Pooh TV cartoons, but the book as well.
    Finding Winnie: The True Story of the World’s Most Famous Bear by Lindsay Mattick (inge87)
    Ponder and William by Barbara Softly (bookel)

English (174)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  Hebrew (1)  All languages (177)
2013 (my little review like comment can be found on the LibraryThing page linked)
http://www.librarything.com/topic/147378#3881247 ( )
  dchaikin | Sep 24, 2020 |
First book I am reading to my daughter, Camila.

We enjoyed it but where is Tigger? ( )
  DKnight0918 | Sep 12, 2020 |
Read a loud for my niece and nephew. Cute book, but not nearly as good as I had hoped ( )
  MeleahBaker | Aug 15, 2020 |

Belongs to Publisher Series

To Her

Hand in hand we come

Christopher Robin and I

To lay this book in your lap.

Say you're surprised?

Say you like it?

Say it's just what you wanted?

Because it's yours--

Because we love you.
Here is Edward Bear, coming downstairs now, bump, bump, bump, on the back of his head, behind Christopher Robin.
“When you wake up in the morning, Pooh,” said Piglet at last, “what’s the first thing you say to yourself?” “What’s for breakfast,” said Pooh. “What do you say, Piglet?” “I say, I wonder what’s going to happen exciting today?” said Piglet. Pooh nodded thoughtfully. “It’s the same thing,” he said. (160)
So Kanga and Roo stayed in the Forest. And every Tuesday Roo spent the day with his great friend Rabbit, and every Tuesday Kanga spent the day with her great friend Pooh, teaching him to jump, and every Tuesday Piglet spent the day with his great friend Christopher Robin. So they were all happy again. (109)
[Piglet] is jealous because he thinks Pooh is having a Grand Introduction all to himself. Pooh is the favourite, of course, there’s no denying it, but Piglet comes in for a good many things which Pooh misses; because you can’t take Pooh to school without everybody knowing it, but Piglet is so small that he slips into a pocket, where it is very comfortable to feel him… and in this way he has got more education than Pooh, but Pooh doesn’t mind. Some have brains, and some haven’t, he says, and there it is. (ii-iii)
The isbn 0525430350 is associated with an unabridged version of "Winnie-the-Pooh", not Disney's "Winnie-the-Pooh and Tigger".

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,806,524 books! | Top bar: Always visible