Color Me Butterfly by L. Y. Marlow

Color Me Butterfly

by L. Y. Marlow

Color Me Butterfly by L.Y. Marlow is a riveting story of abuse, abandonment and the resilience to go on. This is listed as a novel, but the story sounds so true, the people so real, that one has to wonder. I suspect there is more truth than fiction in these pages.

The violence depicted is so real that it is hard to read, but I felt compelled to continue. Even with all the emotional and physical abuse heaped upon the women in this story, they fought on to raise their children and have the best life they could have. These four generations of one family displayed more courage and strength than one could imagine under such great odds.

I would recommend this book to everyone as I believe we all need to see and understand just how domestic violence affects everyone. ( )
  readingrebecca | Dec 13, 2010 |
To Eloise and Mattie, the two women who gave me life and made it possible for me to tell our story.
To my daughter-- you are my Treasure.
Some would say I've lived a sad life, a pained life.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,701,199 books! | Top bar: Always visible