Color Me Butterfly by L. Y. Marlow

Color Me Butterfly

by L. Y. Marlow

I stumbled across this book in the library, and had never heard of the author; the cover and the synopsis hooked my attention, and I decided to check it out. This was a very heart wrenching read, but a very beautifully written one. The story flows well, the characters leap off the page at you, and you find yourself talking to them, yelling at them, and at times praying for and with them. One thing that I loved about the book is that the author put pictures of the actual people she wrote about, so that you were able to put a face to the name. Somehow, that made it even more real to me. This was my first read by L.Y. Marlow, and I'm definitely looking forward to reading her next book in the next couple months. I would definitely recommend this book to others! ( )
  Kiera_loves_books | Jan 18, 2016 |
Color Me Butterfly by L.Y. Marlow is a riveting story of abuse, abandonment and the resilience to go on. This is listed as a novel, but the story sounds so true, the people so real, that one has to wonder. I suspect there is more truth than fiction in these pages.

The violence depicted is so real that it is hard to read, but I felt compelled to continue. Even with all the emotional and physical abuse heaped upon the women in this story, they fought on to raise their children and have the best life they could have. These four generations of one family displayed more courage and strength than one could imagine under such great odds.

I would recommend this book to everyone as I believe we all need to see and understand just how domestic violence affects everyone. ( )
  readingrebecca | Dec 13, 2010 |
To Eloise and Mattie, the two women who gave me life and made it possible for me to tell our story.
To my daughter-- you are my Treasure.
Some would say I've lived a sad life, a pained life.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,251,497 books! | Top bar: Always visible