The Bro Code by Matt Kuhn

The Bro Code (2008)

by Matt Kuhn

English (11)  Spanish (1)  German (1)  French (1)  All languages (14)
This book is funny for exactly as long as you can hear Barney Stinson's voice in your head reading along with you. For me, the limit was about ten pages at a time. Once Neil Patrick Harris stops lending his humor and charm to the word, you realize how awful the content really is. I wouldn't be surprised if Tucker Max was the ghostwriter, except most of it is simultaneously more offensive and less creative than Max's usual misogynistic crap out there. So I'd put the book down in disgust... But then twelve hours later, Barney's voice would return and I'd chuckle at the next ten pages. Oh, that Barney! Tee hee.

But there is absolutely no excuse for the fact that Broccasion (Bro Occasion, because it's The Bro Code and so it's clever) is twice spelled Brocassion. Ugh. Except apparently a Bro never spellchecks, so maybe the misspellings were just an unintentional illustration if The Code in action. In which case, still ugh. ( )
  BraveNewBks | Mar 10, 2016 |
I'm being generous with 3 stars, it's a 6 out of 10. Now don't get me wrong it IS very funny and very entertaining, and essential in every bro's repertoire. But, I must say, many articles need some work, and there are some things that are just wrong. Like getting Barney in a 1-10 rating scale in one of the articles, even as 10, that is unacceptable, the rating scale should have been 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Barney. There's also the exclusion of many bro's and the lack of internationality of the tome. It just doesn't get as awesome as Barney would have it. In the absence of a better bro code, this is the one. The good part is, it's got an amendment section at the end where you can write your own amendment, alas, there's space for only one. ( )
  JorgeCarvajal | Feb 13, 2015 |
Brotastic! Loved all of it... Highly recommend. ( )
  yougotamber | Aug 22, 2014 |
made me laugh out loud following by periods of non-laughter that went on too long ( )
  ferrisscottr | Jun 18, 2013 |
Funny but pretty predictable, it's kind of a fun read for fans of "How I Met Your Mother." I listened to the audiobook, and one of the best things about it was Neil Patrick Harris's narration. Basically, it's humor disguised as advice for men who subscribe to the idea of "bros before hos." ( )
  LaneLiterati | Apr 1, 2013 |
For me, the best Bro I know
Whether we know it or not, each of us lives a life governed by an internalized code of conduct. Some call it morality. Other call it religion. I call it "the Bro Code."

"Everyone's life is governed by an internal code of conduct. Some call it morality. Others call it religion. But Bros in the know call this holy grail the Bro Code. Historically a spoken tradition passed from one generation to the next, the official code of conduct for Bros appears here in its published form for the first time ever. By upholding the tenets of this sacred and legendary document, any dude can learn to achieve Bro-dom."--p. [4] of cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,809,964 books! | Top bar: Always visible