The Bro Code by Barney Stinson

The Bro Code (2008)

by Barney Stinson

English (10)  Spanish (1)  German (1)  French (1)  All languages (13)
I'm being generous with 3 stars, it's a 6 out of 10. Now don't get me wrong it IS very funny and very entertaining, and essential in every bro's repertoire. But, I must say, many articles need some work, and there are some things that are just wrong. Like getting Barney in a 1-10 rating scale in one of the articles, even as 10, that is unacceptable, the rating scale should have been 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Barney. There's also the exclusion of many bro's and the lack of internationality of the tome. It just doesn't get as awesome as Barney would have it. In the absence of a better bro code, this is the one. The good part is, it's got an amendment section at the end where you can write your own amendment, alas, there's space for only one. ( )
  JorgeCarvajal | Feb 13, 2015 |
Brotastic! Loved all of it... Highly recommend. ( )
  yougotamber | Aug 22, 2014 |
made me laugh out loud following by periods of non-laughter that went on too long ( )
  ferrisscottr | Jun 18, 2013 |
Funny but pretty predictable, it's kind of a fun read for fans of "How I Met Your Mother." I listened to the audiobook, and one of the best things about it was Neil Patrick Harris's narration. Basically, it's humor disguised as advice for men who subscribe to the idea of "bros before hos." ( )
  LaneLiterati | Apr 1, 2013 |
Picked this up as I like the TV show 'How I Met Your Mother' and find the Barney Stinson character to be quite funny in the over the top egotistical & narcissistic way.

Whilst some parts of the book are genuinely funny the majority is really just Barney Stinson statements from the show reformatted into a 'code' of sorts.

If you haven't seen much of the show you will probably enjoy the book and have quite a few laughs, if you have seen most of the show you probably won't get much out of the book.

It's not bad, but at the same time it doesn't bring much to the table either. ( )
  HenriMoreaux | Mar 30, 2013 |
For me, the best Bro I know
Whether we know it or not, each of us lives a life governed by an internalized code of conduct. Some call it morality. Other call it religion. I call it "the Bro Code."

"Everyone's life is governed by an internal code of conduct. Some call it morality. Others call it religion. But Bros in the know call this holy grail the Bro Code. Historically a spoken tradition passed from one generation to the next, the official code of conduct for Bros appears here in its published form for the first time ever. By upholding the tenets of this sacred and legendary document, any dude can learn to achieve Bro-dom."--p. [4] of cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,500,218 books! | Top bar: Always visible