Hunted by P. C. Cast

Hunted

by P. C. Cast, Kristin Cast (Author)

What if the hottest guy in the world was hiding a nameless evil, and all he wanted was you? At the start of this heart-pounding new installment of the bestselling House of Night series, Zoey's friends have her back again and Stevie Rae and the red fledglings aren't Neferet's secrets any longer. But an unexpected danger has emerged. Neferet guards her powerful new consort, Kalona, and no one at the House of Night seems to understand the threat he poses. Kalona looks gorgeous, and he has the House of Night under his spell. A past life holds the key to breaking his rapidly spreading influence, but what if this past life shows Zoey secrets she doesn't want to hear and truths she can't face? On the run and holed up in Tulsa's Prohibition-era tunnels, Zoey and her gang must discover a way to deal with something that might bring them all down. Meanwhile, Zoey has a few other little problems. The red fledglings have cleaned up well - they've even managed to make the dark, creepy tunnels feel more like home - but are they really as friendly as they seem? On the boyfriend front, Zoey has a chance to make things right with super-hot ex-, Eric, but she can't stop thinking about Stark, the archer who died in her arms after one unforgettable night, and she is driven to try to save him from Neferet's sinister influence at all costs. Will anyone believe the power evil has to hide among us?… (more)

English (103)  German (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (105)
These books just get better and better! I love Grandma Redbird and I'm so glad we got to see more of her and her wisdom and love. Everyone needs a grandma like her. Stark is my favorite guy in the book and I'm glad we saw more of his and Zoey's relationship. So many new crazy things are going on. Red vampyres and fledglings, Kalona rising from the earth with his creepy raven children, ugh. I like that we're adding more side character parts. Darius is cool and Lenobia is a badass! This definitely went quickly, with all the action and drama going on. It ended positively for once which I enjoyed. Moving on to Tempted! ( )
  AlyP59 | Apr 25, 2019 |
3.75 stars

This is book 5 in the House of Night series.
***POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR EARLIER BOOKS***
Zoey and her friends, including Stevie Rae (with her humanity returned) are hiding out in the tunnels under Tulsa, because there is something very wrong at school with Neferet and a Cherokee "fallen angel" released after he'd been trapped in the Earth for thousands of years.
***END SPOILERS***

I found this one a little slow-going in the first half of the book, but it really picked up in the second half. Although I didn't really notice the somewhat childish language/vocabulary of the teens in the first couple of books, it is starting to get to me. Part-way through, I either got used to it again, or was distracted enough by what else was going on that it didn't bother me as much later on. Had the second half not picked up, I was considering not continuing the series but it did and I will. ( )
  LibraryCin | Apr 3, 2019 |
Hunted was OK, but I didn't have high hopes since I was disappointed with Untamed. I was very annoyed with the dialogue in the beginning of the book. I know it's a YA book, but it seemed so juvenile to me. Do teenagers really talk this way? IMO, this was a filler book. There was not much going on through most of the story. The ending was as expected, but it was sort of a let-down. I wanted more action, I guess. I know the thing that bothers me the most is all of Zoey's boyfriends. I just wished she would focus on her craft and realize that she doesn't need a man (or boy) to be complete. I'll read the next in the series whenever it comes out though. 3.5 stars ( )
  mitabird | Jun 10, 2018 |
Another action-packed installment. I wasn't sure how this would resolve without a major cliffhanger, but it managed it. The recaps of events from previous books can sometimes be a little tedious, but are probably necessary if you've had a largish break between books. ( )
  AngelaJMaher | May 24, 2018 |
This one was a little harder for me to get into.
I positively, 100%, hate Heath. I really want him to die a bloody ... no never mind ... I just want him to die. I hate him.

The Catholic faith aspect of the novel picked back up at the very end and was very good. I am really amazed that this novel seems to actually be helping my faith, which I never imagined!

Adrianne ( )
  Adrianne_p | Mar 6, 2018 |

Cast, P. C.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cast, KristinAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
This one is for John Maslin--ex-student, research aide, and brainstormer extraordinaire. An all-around great guy who bears a striking resemblance to our Damien...hmmm...
The dream began with the sound of wings.

What if the hottest guy in the world was hiding a nameless evil and all he wanted was you?

On the run and holed up in Tulsa's Prohibition-era tunnels, Zoey and her gang must discover a way to deal with something that might bring them all down. Meanwhile, Zoey has a few other little problems. The red fledglings have cleaned up well--they've even managed to make the dark, creepy tunnels feel more like home--but are they really as friendly as they seem? On the boyfriend front, Zoey has a chance to make things right with super-hot ex-, Eric, but she can't stop thinking about Stark, the archer who died in her arms after one unforgettable night, and she is driven to try to save him from Neferet's sinister influence at all costs. Will anyone believe the power evil has to hide among us?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,143,894 books! | Top bar: Always visible