Girl Most Likely by Rebecca Sparrow

Girl Most Likely (edition 2004)

by Rebecca Sparrow

Member:alisonsteel
Title:Girl Most Likely
Authors:Rebecca Sparrow
Info:Univ of Queensland Pr (2004), Paperback, 284 pages

The Girl Most Likely by Rebecca Sparrow

Brisbane author, I loved this light read I found during our time living in QLD. ( )
  abergsman | Mar 20, 2018 |
This is similar in face-palm moments but without the affability of a "Bridget Jones".

It reminded me of those cringe-inducing sitcoms like "Frasier" or "Seinfeld's" George Costanza where the person continually finds themselves in awkward and uncomfortable situations due to one lie building on another until the character is in such a predicament they don't know how to get out of it.

Rachel Hill, at 28, had a successful life up until a couple months ago, when she quit her job as a travel writer planning to move to the States. Those plans fell through at the last moment and she didn't have the courage to ask for her job back. Or explain why the plans fell through. In her depression and self-absorption, she keeps finding herself in situations where she displays her worst behavior (several times she finds herself mortified in front of a local book author she has always looked up to). She keeps digging a bigger and bigger hole to avoid dealing with the one thing she's in denial about.

To make ends meet, she works part-time as a nanny to a six-year-old girl. A lot of the story is centered around Rachel's growing relationship with this little girl and a friendly neighbor, Matt, who both end up helping her come out of her depressive state. She also has a best friend, Zoe, who is funny to the outsider, but I don't think is the greatest friend as she is part of the reason Rachel gets in some of her sticky messes. ( )
  AddictedToMorphemes | Apr 13, 2013 |
I loved this book. It is my era and my country. ( )
  lberriman | Mar 5, 2011 |
A book that inspires you to achieve your goals. The book encourages people to continue to learn to play piano or other instruments. ( )
  rsladden | Oct 2, 2007 |

At seventeen, Rachel Hill was the girl most likely to succeed. At twenty-seven, one rash decision changes everything. As she confronts her idea of perfection, she finds that happiness is living the life you want to live, rather than the one you are expected to.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,554,251 books! | Top bar: Always visible