Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway by Susan…

Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway

by Susan Jeffers

Recently added bydgooler, Antony_Millen, MunozNY, private library, mtgillis59, cataloga, M0vingon, homeopath

Note: I would have rated book higher if I had needed the advise in this book. My return on time investment was not much, except the reinforcement of my beliefs :-)

A much better self-help book compared to what one usually find in market. Book is very easy to read, and has some simple practical exercises too. It is better in the sense, it provides excellent understanding of why many people stay in bad situation and still tend to avoid doing something for their betterment. And, understanding the deep underlying root cause of the problem itself is big step forward. Book starts off quite well in explaining the issue, however in the end it tends to become preachy.

Still strongly recommend to anyone who wants some change for betterment but cannot bring about it due to... ( )
  sandeepk77 | Mar 13, 2014 |
It's a good book. I would definitely recommend it. ( )
  jazman | Nov 25, 2013 |
A must read! ( )
  scubasue59 | Feb 5, 2012 |
More than ten years ago I gave my copy of an earlier edition of this book to a young dental assistant who was having trouble asserting herself at work. She later told me how much it had helped her. She left dental work and helped her husband set up their own company in a completely different field. I have just bought two copies of this new edition knowing that at some time in the future they will be equally helpful to someone who needs just the sort of encouragement and practical assistance Ms Jeffers provides. If she had not had the perseverance to get the book published against discouragement and lack of interest, thousands of people would have been worse off. ( )
  gibbon | Jun 20, 2009 |
I found guidances in the case studies given. At the time of doubt, the book helps in building-up of the courage to make the move.
  Leangpeou | Jun 14, 2009 |
For the wonderful gifts of life and love,

I dedicate this book to my beautiful mother, Jeanne,

and the loving memory of my father, Leon.
What is it for you?

Wat houdt ons tegen om de persoon te zijn die we willen zijn, om dedingen te doen die we willen doen?
Het antwoord - de basis van alle antwoorden - is angst. Angst om beslissingen te nemen, om te spreken in het openbaar, om van baan te veranderen, om auto te rijden, om een bekende op te bellen, maar ook angst om een relatie te beginnen of te beëindigen, om alleen te zijn, om oud te worden... Waaruit onze angst ook bestaat, het is een levensfeit waar niemand aan ontkomt. Angst kan echter ook verlammend werken en leiden tot gevoelens van onzekerheid, frustratie, besluiteloosheid, kwaadheid of hulpeloosheid. En dat is niet nodig!
Psychologe Susan Jeffers leert ons om de angstgevoelens die ons blokkeren te herkennen, te accepteren en er overheen te stappen. Met begrip en humor leert ze ons stap voor stap die angst weliswaar te voelen, maar tóch die dingen te doen die we eigenlijk willen doen. De adviezen en technieken die ze ons aanreikt zijn gebaseerd op de cursussen die ze geeft en die al duizenden mensen geholpen hebben op de weg naar een beter leven.

Dynamic and inspirational, FEEL THE FEAR AND DO IT ANYWAY is filled with concrete techniques to turn passivity into asssertiveness. Dr. Susan Jeffers, teaches you how to stop negative thinking patterns and reeducate your mind to think more positively. You will learn: the vital 10-Step Positive Thinking Process; how to risk a little every day; how to turn every decision into a "No-Lose" situation, and much more.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:27:38 -0400)

The phenomenal classic, with a new introduction by the author. It shows you how to turn your fear and indecision into confidence and action.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,657,515 books! | Top bar: Always visible