HomeGroupsTalkZeitgeist
Big news! LibraryThing is now free to all! Read the blog post and discuss the change on Talk.
dismiss
This site uses cookies to deliver our services, improve performance, for analytics, and (if not signed in) for advertising. By using LibraryThing you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your use of the site and services is subject to these policies and terms.
Hide this

Results from Google Books

Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.

Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway by Susan…
Loading...

Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway

by Susan Jeffers

MembersReviewsPopularityAverage ratingMentions
1,482218,448 (3.81)9
Success can be yours with Susan Jeffers's Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway The world's foremost producer of personal development and motivational audio programs gives you the tools to face the fears that hold you back. We're all afraid of something: beginnings, endings, changing, getting stuck. But fear doesn't have to hold you back from happiness or success. You can change your relationship with fear -- and in this dynamic, inspirational program, Susan Jeffers, Ph.D., teaches compassionate concepts and highly effective exercises that help you unravel the complexities and reverse the effects of fear. You'll learn: The five truths about fears How to weed negatives out of your words and thoughts How to develop goals that help extend your self-imposed limitations Don't be prisoner of you own insecurities. Career growth, personal harmony and financial rewards can by yours -- when you learn to Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway.… (more)

None.

Loading...

Sign up for LibraryThing to find out whether you'll like this book.

No current Talk conversations about this book.

» See also 9 mentions

English (20)  French (1)  All languages (21)
Showing 1-5 of 20 (next | show all)
This book has 5 truths as highlighted by author. But unfortunately, truth 2 is similar to truth 3 and 5.

And truth 4 is not entirely true. Some people may have less fear due to their brain's amygdala nt functioning. ( )
  Wendy_Wang | Sep 28, 2019 |
This book has 5 truths as highlighted by author. But unfortunately, truth 2 is similar to truth 3 and 5.

And truth 4 is not entirely true. Some people may have less fear due to their brain's amygdala nt functioning. ( )
  Jason.Ong.Wicky | Oct 9, 2018 |
Ne plus craindre de prendre une décusion, de changer de travail, de vous lancer dans un projet de demander une augmentation, de mettre fin à une relation. Tremblez mais osez|
  ACParakou | May 28, 2018 |
Hate self-help but read it anyway. Some of the basic tenets of 'Feel the fear and do it anyway' are sound. And the first few chapters, devoted specifically addressing fear, are worth reading. I've just got sand in my dreamcatcher and draw the line at nonsense like the law of attraction. Of which there is plenty in this book. Including the half-baked notion that anger causes cancer, all negativity is evil and wrong and the usual Pollyanna rubbish about positive thinking. It may be horseshit but horseshit has its uses — like compost. ( )
  graffiti.living | Oct 22, 2017 |
Absolutely powerful book about helping us move past our fears. Sensible and applicable advice to assist everyone who fears. And let's face it, that's all of us! ( )
  CherieKephart | Aug 3, 2017 |
Showing 1-5 of 20 (next | show all)
no reviews | add a review
You must log in to edit Common Knowledge data.
For more help see the Common Knowledge help page.
Series (with order)
Canonical title
Information from the Finnish Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
Original title
Alternative titles
Original publication date
People/Characters
Important places
Important events
Related movies
Awards and honors
Epigraph
Dedication
For the wonderful gifts of life and love,

I dedicate this book to my beautiful mother, Jeanne,

and the loving memory of my father, Leon.
First words
What is it for you?
Quotations
Lady Di could be bicycling nude down the street giving this book away and nobody would read it.
Feel the fear and do it anyway.
Whatever happens to me, given any situation, I can handle it … Put signs in your home that say 'So what? I'll handle it!'
Last words
(Click to show. Warning: May contain spoilers.)
Disambiguation notice
Publisher's editors
Blurbers
Publisher series
Original language
Canonical DDC/MDS

References to this work on external resources.

Wikipedia in English

None

No library descriptions found.

Book description
Wat houdt ons tegen om de persoon te zijn die we willen zijn, om dedingen te doen die we willen doen?
Het antwoord - de basis van alle antwoorden - is angst. Angst om beslissingen te nemen, om te spreken in het openbaar, om van baan te veranderen, om auto te rijden, om een bekende op te bellen, maar ook angst om een relatie te beginnen of te beëindigen, om alleen te zijn, om oud te worden... Waaruit onze angst ook bestaat, het is een levensfeit waar niemand aan ontkomt. Angst kan echter ook verlammend werken en leiden tot gevoelens van onzekerheid, frustratie, besluiteloosheid, kwaadheid of hulpeloosheid. En dat is niet nodig!
Psychologe Susan Jeffers leert ons om de angstgevoelens die ons blokkeren te herkennen, te accepteren en er overheen te stappen. Met begrip en humor leert ze ons stap voor stap die angst weliswaar te voelen, maar tóch die dingen te doen die we eigenlijk willen doen. De adviezen en technieken die ze ons aanreikt zijn gebaseerd op de cursussen die ze geeft en die al duizenden mensen geholpen hebben op de weg naar een beter leven.
Haiku summary

Quick Links

Popular covers

Rating

Average: (3.81)
0.5
1 1
1.5 1
2 8
2.5
3 58
3.5 14
4 58
4.5 3
5 48

Penguin Australia

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

» Publisher information page

Is this you?

Become a LibraryThing Author.

 

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 146,735,734 books! | Top bar: Always visible