Desire Unchained by Larissa Ione

Desire Unchained

by Larissa Ione

Recently added byTinne.Joosen, cass_sanguine, private library, Irena., msralways, gemry11, Tess_92629

English (32)  German (1)  All languages (33)
Incredible book! Larissa Ione hit this one out of the freaking park! I loved E and Tay, but I think that for now, Shade and Runa take the cake. ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
This series continues to be made of awesome. As a reader I'm thoroughly entertained, as a writer I'm impressed. Very cool. ( )
  RobynBachar | Feb 27, 2014 |
Going straight into this book from the first in the series, I had high expectations. I really loved Pleasure Unbound and hoped that I would continue that feeling into this book.

While I did enjoy it, I didn't love it as much as I did the first book. This one took me a great deal longer to get into. With the first one, I was immediately drawn into this crazy new world. With this one, I already knew of the world, so the author had to work harder to get me interested right off the bat.

I loved Shade's character in E's book and couldn't wait to get to his story. But once we did, I was a little disappointed. I did still like a lot about him: his humor, his strength, his love for his brothers. But he frustrated me through a great deal of the book, as well.

Runa's character was great, for the most part. I enjoyed reading about her journey and seeing her stand up to Shade when she needed to, but I also loved her fierce devotion to him.

Another thing I loved seeing in this book was Wraith and Kynan's growing friendship. I've been a sucker for Ky since he was introduced in PU, and I haven't been disappointed yet. I'm also interested to see how Wraith's story plays out because he's such a contradiction.

Toward the end of this book, things really started moving along, and I was on the edge of my seat for the last 1/3 of it. I thought the storyline was well played out, and I'm happy with how it ended. Though I didn't love this one as much as the first, it still gets a solid 4 stars for a great plot, good, strong characters, and some super hot love scenes. ( )
  CreativeJunkie | Sep 23, 2013 |
I really an starting to fall in love with this series. It is reminds me a lot of JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series. If you liked that series, you will like this one also. This series has demons instead of vampires (also no lesser, which are the worst part of BDB books). The demons cane take on life-mates just like in the BDB series and are extremely protective of their mates. There are also some interesting pairings in this series for mating. Also, each book is about a different pairing (Pleasure Unbound is about Eidolon, Desire Unchained about Shade, Passion Unleashed is about Wraith, etc.).

I did like this book better than [b:Pleasure Unbound|2679633|Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1)|Larissa Ione|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1255913720s/2679633.jpg|2704935], not that I did not like it, I just like Shade better than Eidolon. I cannot wait to read about Wraith. I think I am going to like him also in [b:Passion Unleashed|4701550|Passion Unleashed (Demonica, #3)|Larissa Ione|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1221676229s/4701550.jpg|4765865]. ( )
  mlsimmons | Sep 20, 2013 |
This series is dragging me into their little world. And I've only just read the first two books. I can not wait to read Wraith's book, he's such a jerk sometimes but I love the cocky attitude. Larissa Ione is a great writer, she's not to wordy, some authors ramble on and on. Not Larissa. She explains everything with just the right amount of detail that won't leave you saying " Blah Blah Blah, I got the picture now lets move on". So far this is my number 2 series behind Black Dagger Brotherhood. Love it! ( )
  Author_AndriaLarge | Sep 1, 2013 |

Though some of the black market killers have been put down, the threat remains, weakened, but growing stronger. When Shade is captured along with an ex-lover who blames him for a terrible betrayal, he is forced to confront dangerous emotions that, if acted upon, could result in a fate worse than death.

Falling in love with a sexy stranger who seems to know her every desire, Runa Wagner discovers that he has betrayed her and vows revenge.

Larissa Ione is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,768,907 books! | Top bar: Always visible