Desire Unchained by Larissa Ione

Desire Unchained

by Larissa Ione

English (39)  German (1)  All languages (40)
I enjoyed reading this book as I have been waiting to read it for quite some time. I did want to smash E and his mate's heads together to get them to realize just how perfect they are for each other. Thankfully, they finally realized it themselves! I felt bad for Kynan who had to find out the hard way about his wife and I can't wait to see if perhaps he'll find someone who truly will be his perfect mate. ( )
  Eire2011 | Mar 11, 2016 |
3 1/2 stars. I reread Desire Unchained, second in Larissa Ione's Demonica series. The complexity of the universe in which the series is set continues here, although since the reader is now mostly familiar with it, this book felt less bogged down in world-building than the first. However, I didn't like the central characters nearly as much - still a hot romance, but Shade is kind of a jerk. ( )
  Booklover889 | Feb 25, 2016 |
Really good, but I didn't expect anything else from one of my favorite authors :) I'm on to the next one already! ( )
  Chrystina.Williams | Dec 4, 2015 |
Hot damn! Just when I thought things couldn't get hotter in the world of UG here comes Shade's story. Ione has done it again in creating a hero and heroine that you can't help but root for. I loved getting Shade's background. Adorable goth girl Gem is back along with conflicted Kynan and we see plenty of E and a little Tay too. The relationship between the three brothers is further explored and explained and I found myself loving them even more. Those who've read Pleasure Unbound know that Ione will kill off characters suddenly so be forewarned.

Warning for BDSM. If you don't like it there is a scene or two that you should skip. My main problem with the BDSM element was that it seemed confused. At first Shade seemed to enjoy being a Dom. Then he hated it. Then he had to do it because Runa wanted him to. I didn't get it. For once I'd like to see an author have a couple engaging in play that just did it because they enjoyed the exploration of boundaries and not because of some childhood issues that the hero or heroine had to get over.

Anyway, the four stars says it all. I love this series and can't wait for more.
  Akaria | May 13, 2015 |
4 ½ Stars ( )
  BookaholicCat | Mar 4, 2015 |

Though some of the black market killers have been put down, the threat remains, weakened, but growing stronger. When Shade is captured along with an ex-lover who blames him for a terrible betrayal, he is forced to confront dangerous emotions that, if acted upon, could result in a fate worse than death.

Falling in love with a sexy stranger who seems to know her every desire, Runa Wagner discovers that he has betrayed her and vows revenge.

Larissa Ione is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,810,256 books! | Top bar: Always visible