Desire Unchained by Larissa Ione

Desire Unchained

by Larissa Ione

English (33)  German (1)  All languages (34)
Definitely not as smooth or as intriguing as [b:Pleasure Unbound|2679633|Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1)|Larissa Ione|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1255913720s/2679633.jpg|2704935]. The main story lacked something for me. I wasn't particularly interested in reading Shade's story after reading the first book, I wanted Wraith's. I think the BDSM thing was an attempt to make Shade more interesting but I couldn't have cared less about it but when Runa was forcing him to hurt her I got annoyed, especially when Wraith assumed the worst. Shade's relationship with Wraith is complicated, they may be tight but Shade keeps a lot of secrets from him so in some ways he's closer to Eidolon.

What really irritated me and obliterated the chance of me getting my happy-ever-after buzz I usually get from PNR were the side story endings. Kynan. Sigh. I could have handled him leaving for a while to protect the hospital but the whole scene with Arik was just weird. Part fallen angel?! Going to destroy the world?! What?! First of all, Kynan was now a cynical pessimist so why didn't he question this? Why did he leave with the very people he had believed would kill him for his betrayal? Secondly, if all this is true then it was a horrible bomb to drop in at the end of this book with no details. It was OTT. On the other hand, I wonder if this is to set Kynan up for Gem's HEA to give him a long life and possibly a sense of purpose. I've really grown attached to Kynan which is probably why I feel so strongly about this. He's become friends with Wraith, two broken men together. Wraith even tries to push Gem on him because he knows that's what Ky needs.

After this I was deflated, then another bomb dropped. Wraith's gone through the s'genesis early somehow. Again no real details except that Wraith can't gain a mate. Another sigh.

I have [b:Passion Unleashed|7007378|Passion Unleashed (Demonica, #3)|Larissa Ione|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1255913735s/7007378.jpg|4765865] but I now resent the fact that I've bought it. I even read the excerpt and don't feel compelled to read it. Wraith's book! That I was previously dying to read! I'll give it a chance at some point soon but I feel a little let down after the intriguing debut. ( )
  Cynical_Ames | Sep 23, 2014 |
Incredible book! Larissa Ione hit this one out of the freaking park! I loved E and Tay, but I think that for now, Shade and Runa take the cake. ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
This series continues to be made of awesome. As a reader I'm thoroughly entertained, as a writer I'm impressed. Very cool. ( )
  RobynBachar | Feb 27, 2014 |
Going straight into this book from the first in the series, I had high expectations. I really loved Pleasure Unbound and hoped that I would continue that feeling into this book.

While I did enjoy it, I didn't love it as much as I did the first book. This one took me a great deal longer to get into. With the first one, I was immediately drawn into this crazy new world. With this one, I already knew of the world, so the author had to work harder to get me interested right off the bat.

I loved Shade's character in E's book and couldn't wait to get to his story. But once we did, I was a little disappointed. I did still like a lot about him: his humor, his strength, his love for his brothers. But he frustrated me through a great deal of the book, as well.

Runa's character was great, for the most part. I enjoyed reading about her journey and seeing her stand up to Shade when she needed to, but I also loved her fierce devotion to him.

Another thing I loved seeing in this book was Wraith and Kynan's growing friendship. I've been a sucker for Ky since he was introduced in PU, and I haven't been disappointed yet. I'm also interested to see how Wraith's story plays out because he's such a contradiction.

Toward the end of this book, things really started moving along, and I was on the edge of my seat for the last 1/3 of it. I thought the storyline was well played out, and I'm happy with how it ended. Though I didn't love this one as much as the first, it still gets a solid 4 stars for a great plot, good, strong characters, and some super hot love scenes. ( )
  CreativeJunkie | Sep 23, 2013 |
I really an starting to fall in love with this series. It is reminds me a lot of JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series. If you liked that series, you will like this one also. This series has demons instead of vampires (also no lesser, which are the worst part of BDB books). The demons cane take on life-mates just like in the BDB series and are extremely protective of their mates. There are also some interesting pairings in this series for mating. Also, each book is about a different pairing (Pleasure Unbound is about Eidolon, Desire Unchained about Shade, Passion Unleashed is about Wraith, etc.).

I did like this book better than [b:Pleasure Unbound|2679633|Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1)|Larissa Ione|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1255913720s/2679633.jpg|2704935], not that I did not like it, I just like Shade better than Eidolon. I cannot wait to read about Wraith. I think I am going to like him also in [b:Passion Unleashed|4701550|Passion Unleashed (Demonica, #3)|Larissa Ione|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1221676229s/4701550.jpg|4765865]. ( )
  mlsimmons | Sep 20, 2013 |

Though some of the black market killers have been put down, the threat remains, weakened, but growing stronger. When Shade is captured along with an ex-lover who blames him for a terrible betrayal, he is forced to confront dangerous emotions that, if acted upon, could result in a fate worse than death.

Falling in love with a sexy stranger who seems to know her every desire, Runa Wagner discovers that he has betrayed her and vows revenge.

Larissa Ione is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,039,308 books! | Top bar: Always visible