Just Ella by Margaret Peterson Haddix

Just Ella (original 1999; edition 2007)

by Margaret Peterson Haddix

Member:maddieperez
Title:Just Ella
Authors:Margaret Peterson Haddix
Info:Simon Pulse (2007), Mass Market Paperback, 240 pages
Rating:***

Just Ella by Margaret Peterson Haddix (1999)

The Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale (meggyweg)
    Goose Chase by Patrice Kindl (infiniteletters)
    The Extra-Ordinary Princess by Carolyn Ebbitt (foggidawn)
    Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine (HollyMS)
    HollyMS: Both stories are retellings of the classic fairy tale, Cinderella. I much prefer Ella Enchanted to Just Ella, however.
    The Rumpelstiltskin Problem by Vivian Vande Velde (meggyweg)

I'm reading different reworkings of Cinderella stories, but couldn't get into this one and only got about halfway. The main character annoyed me. ( )
  JanetNoRules | Sep 17, 2018 |
My first Haddix book! I'm happily surprised at how much I liked this Cinderella retelling after the happily ever after. I do hope that she uses her head and take things slow. I hope we learn more about Mary and the other land's side of the war.

Longer review to come. ( )
  AdrianaGarcia | Jul 10, 2018 |
I have always loved different versions of Cinderella, and thought this would be a fun series to read since I heard it followed Ella after the wedding. However; I heard wrong. This actually follows Ella before the wedding, and I just did not love it! At all. I did not like the dark turns it took. Normally I would, but I guess I was expecting something so different from this that it took away from my enjoyment. If you ever wondered what happened after the Happily Ever After, you may like this. Let me know if I should continue with the series. ( )
  SimplyKelina | May 22, 2018 |
This is the story about what happened after the engagement, but it is not a Disney happily ever after. Ella "Cinderella" does not like the princess lifestyle. She isn't allowed to do anything for herself and the prince is turning out to be a real bore. The princess's job is not to think, but to be a pretty girl on the prince's arm. The only person who seems to understand her is her teacher. Once she realizes that she can't possibly marry the prince, she tries to break the engagement. No one breaks an engagement to a prince. When she still refuses to come to her senses, she is sent to the dungeon. Immediately she realizes that a marriage to the prince will be like living in a dungeon and her only option for happiness is to dig her way out before it's too late. On the run and hungry, she decides to go in search of the only person who might allow her to be true to herself, her former teacher. Maybe there is a happily ever after, just not with the prince.

valorrmac | May 15, 2018 |
I have not yet read this book.
  LynneQuan | Oct 16, 2017 |
For
Meredith, Faith, Kristen, and Sarah
The fire had gone out, and I didn't know what to do.

Book Description Publication Date: 1999 In this continuation of the Cinderella story, fifteen-year-old Ella finds that accepting Prince Charming's proposal ensnares her in a suffocating tangle of palace rules and royal etiquette, so she plots to escape. Show More Show Less

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:36 -0400)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,782,284 books! | Top bar: Always visible