Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer

Breaking Dawn (2008)

by Stephenie Meyer

Series: Twilight Saga (4)

28,16091134 (3.77)2 / 171
    Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw, spanishgodess)
    New Moon by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    The Awakening / The Struggle by L. J. Smith (_Zoe_)
    Glass Houses by Rachel Caine (Jenson_AKA_DL, Rachook)
    Jenson_AKA_DL: If you're looking for more vampire stories, I'd suggest this one!
    Evernight by Claudia Gray (titania86)
    Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan (mgcdreamer13)
    Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (gamermom2004)
    Twilight / New Moon / Eclipse / Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (amybroad25)
    amybroad25: Amazing books Could not put any of them down Hoping that she will write another one about Bella and Edwards daughter renesmee
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (TomWaitsTables)
    The Host by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray (goodiegoodie)
    Night World No. 1: Secret Vampire / Daughters of Darkness / Spellbinder by L. J. Smith (_Zoe_)
    Not Safe For Vampires by William Frost (LostVampire)
    LostVampire: Thomas Watson becomes a vampire during the Civil War. The YA fantasy fiction novel NOT SAFE FOR VAMPIRES is a good read. It is only 128 pages, but it is not light reading, You really have to follow the beginning - once you understand the style of writing (there are flashback scenes) you will really enjoy the journey. The story is filled with history. For example, Africatown and the Clotilde ship are a real part of history (I googled it). Also, the character Captain Thomas Watson was really a soldier for the Union Army. I believe you will enjoy this book and add it to your library as well.… (more)

English (881)  Dutch (5)  Spanish (5)  German (4)  Finnish (3)  Portuguese (Portugal) (3)  French (2)  Italian (2)  Danish (2)  Catalan (1)  Eskimo languages (1)  Swedish (1)  All languages (910)
I don't know.... where. to. begin. But however did it get here from Twilight?? Really, this is how to end the SAGA??? Are you kidding me? I didn't think it could get worst from Eclipse... not only did it get worst.. it got longer!!!!! 756 pages longer!!!

This book proved 2 things to me, Meyer can not write a love making scene... and she can not write a fighting scene. Think about how we missed the fight with James.... barely got any fighting from Victoria...and completely avoided the bloodshed from the Volturi. They're suppose to be deadly, show us a little something of what that might look like.
And the fade to black, every time Bella and Edward were suppose to be making love... they're married... it's okay if they have sex, really it's OKAY!!! Make us see how dangerous it is, instead of implying it with the ripped up pillows and the crushed headboard... tell us how that happened... UGH!!! this was one frustrating book that I had to make myself get through...where as Twilight and New Moon were fun reads though they too were sophmoric at best.

But again, I keep reminding myself that I am not the intended audience... even if I were, I'd still think it was aweful. Follow the rules you set Stephenie Meyer... don't change things just to get your happy ending... find a more creative way to get it or don't take it there at all!!!!

I could go on about this... but I won't. This book is disappointing plain and simple.
  KatDes | Nov 20, 2015 |
I read through these hoping she'd become a crazy vampire and just destroy. But no. ""It's like you were made to be a vampire."" Ugh. ( )
  Adam_N_Rabenstein | Sep 16, 2015 |
That was really cool.. I like the way it ended, as happily ever after..
I'm just sad to know that it's the end of the series..
Great job Stephenie ! :) ( )
  smiley0905 | Sep 3, 2015 |
"I liked this book. There were parts that I really liked, and parts that I didn't like quite so much, but overall, I did enjoy reading it despite its flaws. It dealt with a lot more mature themes than the other Twilight books: loss of innocence, recognition of death, sacrifices, the importance of family, friendship and truth. The main point of this book is to end Edward and Bella's story. And I think the author delivered that end surprisingly well. After finishing the book, I really feel that their story has been told now.

Regarding the characters, what I liked the most is Bella's development. The teenage whining has finally stopped! Also, Bella and Edward are equals at last, so their relationship is not that awkward, creepy ball of madness it has always been. It is somewhat closer to normal. About Jacob: I still like him as a character more than any of the others, really. He has a lot of layers to him and they got even more exposed and clear on this book than the previous ones.

Overall, regardless of its flaws, I really enjoyed reading Breaking Dawn. The author undoubtedly knows how to make a story compelling, although she likes to let you hang in the air after all the tension just pops like a soap bubble. There were really awful things about this series, but, in the end, the story found its end, and it wasn't bad at all.

Interesting quotes that I didn't include in the review:
Life sucks, and then you die...

The Last Passage
I laughed breathlessly when his urgent kiss interrupted my efforts again.
“Damn it,” he growled, kissing hungrily down the edge of my jaw.
“We have plenty of time to work on it,” I reminded him.
“Forever and forever and forever,” he murmured.
“That sounds exactly right to me.” And then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever.
" ( )
  AdemilsonM | Sep 2, 2015 |
Spoiler alert - Meyer does a decent job of carrying the romance past a wedding and a kid - not an easy feat! But this book suffered as the romance dwindled and the fantasy came forward. There were too many new rules introduced for this world we'd already lived in for three books. It felt contrived. These books are romances, and should have ended at the wedding! ( )
  KristinAkerHowell | Aug 15, 2015 |
And so the pabulum slips down, spoonful by spoonful, with every now and then a neat idea, an unspoken hint of untold perversity, an almost subliminal flash of something nasty.
Over 754 pages, the answers come almost too easily, but not quickly.
I hope no one takes this review to offense, so here I go.
I thought this book was completely insane, rambling, and irrelevant. Period. So much of this book was just fluff and not enough action like how I think a Vampire book should be about. Sure, the book has it’s good points like Jacob finally coming to terms with his power of an Alpha wolf and Bella finally being transformed into a beautiful vampire. Then again there are so many things t hat don’t make sense and leave me wanting more, but not in the good way because I know that’s the end of that.
Here are my list of problems:
1) Bella’s baby is a super genius with the power to talk through thoughts and images. Now that’s a pretty cool power if you ask me, but it has an adult mind. Not to mention that it has an earsplitting name which I don’t feel like typing out. This very baby is also the center of Jacob’s new infatuation. Please, ignore that he was completely and utterly obsessively in love with Bella for the first three books! Now he’s got an infant to be romantically involved with! Just….ew.
2) Bella is also super perfect as a vampire. Even as a human, Bella defied logic as a person with real emotions or tendencies. I mean, she goes out with a vampire who wants to drink her blood like heroine, hangs out with potentially dangerous werewolves, marries a vampire, gets pregnant, and now she gets turned into one. As a vampire she can suppress her own cravings and has developed powers.
3) The fight scene was a let down! I mean, there was no fighting!
So, those are my thoughts. Feel free to object or argue
added by SPSVLibrary | editSPSVLibrary
Certain elements of BREAKING DAWN are perplexing, even off-putting --- particularly the scenes of sex, pregnancy and childbirth.

But it's nearly impossible to please everyone --- especially when so much of the series' drama has relied on the tension of Bella's choice between two very different but desirable lovers. Readers who are able, eventually, to gain some perspective will find much to redeem BREAKING DAWN, particularly its new insights into Jacob's inner life as well as its neat resolution to several of the series' pressing conflicts and its realistic (or at least as realistic as a vampire romance can get) portrayal of the complexities and joys of married life.

Stephenie Meyerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hachmeister, SylkeÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kadushin, IlyanaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés Sanmiguel, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sánchez Raya, María JesúsTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Walters, MattNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age. The child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies.
Edna St. Vincent Millay (Book 1: Bella)
And yet, to say the truth, reason and love keep little company together nowadays.
>William Shakespeare "A Midsummer Night's Dream" Act III, Scene i (Book Two: Jacob)
Personal affection is a luxury you can have only after all your enemies are eliminated. Until then, everyone you love is a hostage, sapping your courage and corrumpting your judgment.
>Orson Scott Card "Empire" (Book Three: Bella)
This book is dedicated to my ninja/agent, Jodi Reamer.
Thank you for keeping me off the ledge.

And thanks also to my favorite band,
the very aptly named Muse,
for providing a saga's worth of inspiration.
I'd had more than my fair share of near-death experiences; it wasn't something you ever really got used to.
The days were not long enough for me to get my fill of adoring my daughter; the nights did not have enough hours to satisfy my need for Edward.

my book is about a girl named bella and an boy named edward who is a vanpire and bella finds out about him and they both fall in love but hes family are vampires too......

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 031606792X, Hardcover)

Great love stories thrive on sacrifice. Throughout The Twilight Saga (Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse), Stephenie Meyer has emulated great love stories--Romeo and Juliet, Wuthering Heights--with the fated, yet perpetually doomed love of Bella (the human girl) and Edward (the vampire who feeds on animals instead of humans). In Breaking Dawn, the fourth and final installment in the series, Bella’s story plays out in some unexpected ways. The ongoing conflicts that made this series so compelling--a human girl in love with a vampire, a werewolf in love with a human girl, the generations-long feud between werewolves and vampires--resolve pretty quickly, apparently so that Meyer could focus on Bella’s latest opportunity for self-sacrifice: giving her life for someone she loves even more than Edward. How close she comes to actually making that sacrifice is questionable, which is a big shift from the earlier books. Even though you knew Bella would make it through somehow, the threats to her life, and to her relationship with Edward, had previously always felt real. It’s as if Meyer was afraid of hurting her characters too much, which is unfortunate, because the pain Bella suffered at losing Edward in New Moon, and the pain Jacob suffered at losing Bella again and again, are the fire and the heart that drive the whole series. Diehard fans will stick with Bella, Edward, and Jacob for as many twists and turns as possible, but after most of the characters get what they want with little sacrifice, some readers may have a harder time caring what happens next. (Ages 12 and up) --Heidi Broadhead

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:17 -0400)

In the fourth and final book in the #1 bestselling teen vampire Twilight Saga, questions will be answered and the fate of Bella and Edward will be revealed.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,854,061 books! | Top bar: Always visible