Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, Book 4) by…

Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, Book 4) (original 2008; edition 2008)

by Stephenie Meyer

27,93990435 (3.78)2 / 169
Member:OceanStar719
Title:Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, Book 4)
Authors:Stephenie Meyer
Info:Little, Brown Young Readers (2008), Hardcover, 768 pages
Rating:*
Tags:Fanfiction

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (2008)

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw, spanishgodess)
    New Moon by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    The Awakening / The Struggle by L. J. Smith (_Zoe_)
    Glass Houses by Rachel Caine (Jenson_AKA_DL, Rachook)
    Jenson_AKA_DL: If you're looking for more vampire stories, I'd suggest this one!
    Evernight by Claudia Gray (titania86)
    Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan (mgcdreamer13)
    Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (gamermom2004)
    Twilight / New Moon / Eclipse / Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (amybroad25)
    amybroad25: Amazing books Could not put any of them down Hoping that she will write another one about Bella and Edwards daughter renesmee
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (TomWaitsTables)
    The Host by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray (goodiegoodie)
    Night World No. 1: Secret Vampire / Daughters of Darkness / Spellbinder by L. J. Smith (_Zoe_)
    Not Safe For Vampires by William Frost (LostVampire)
    LostVampire: Thomas Watson becomes a vampire during the Civil War. The YA fantasy fiction novel NOT SAFE FOR VAMPIRES is a good read. It is only 128 pages, but it is not light reading, You really have to follow the beginning - once you understand the style of writing (there are flashback scenes) you will really enjoy the journey. The story is filled with history. For example, Africatown and the Clotilde ship are a real part of history (I googled it). Also, the character Captain Thomas Watson was really a soldier for the Union Army. I believe you will enjoy this book and add it to your library as well.… (more)

English (876)  Spanish (5)  Dutch (5)  German (4)  Portuguese (Portugal) (3)  Finnish (3)  French (2)  Italian (2)  Eskimo languages (1)  Catalan (1)  Danish (1)  Swedish (1)  All languages (904)
Synopsis
Bella and Edward Cullen get married, leaving behind a heartbroken Jacob. When Bella faces unexpected and life-threatening situations, she willingly risks her human life and possible vampire immortality to undergo the ultimate transformation from a weak pawn to the strong queen with unique powers to fight the final battle to save all those she loves.

So what do I think?
The last book in the series and I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book. The whole entire book had me on the edge of my seat. So many surprises that I wasn't expecting. Im pretty sad to see this book series end and I would wish that there would be more. With every single book I just could never put them down until I had finished reading every, single page. ( )
  KristyKhaos | Jul 1, 2015 |
Meh. I originally started reading Twilight because all of my friends at school were/had read/ing it. I liked it, but more or less just read Breaking Dawn to finish the series. ( )
  momma182 | Jun 23, 2015 |
I personally felt it was the best out of the four. More action compared to the rest, but it had to sacrifice the nice amount of character development that the first three had. I was hoping for more of an emotional impact, and a return on the time I invested in the series, but I didn't get that. A good quick read, but nothing more. ( )
  jms001 | Jun 14, 2015 |
EDIT , ABRIL 2014

ESTOY haciendo un poco de revisionismo en mis reseñas (ya que en estos dias de paro de profesores y un continuo estudio no puedo concentrarme lo que quisiera en la lectura) ... y me acorde de AMANECER .

Dejando de lado el asco que me provocan muuuuuuuuchas cosas del libro en su totalidad , no puedo dejar de acordarme lo mucho que me gusto el final ; y con "final" me refiero a la batalla que no es batalla , al hecho de que Meyer haya decidido resolver el conflicto de forma pacifista y no con una gran y ridicula guerra .

Me acuerdo de la decepcion general que se propago entre mis compañeros crepusculeanos cuando no hubo derramamiento de sangre ; y en medio de eso , de las decenas de voces indignadas por un "climax" que nunca se alcanzo , me acuerdo de mi misma pensando pero no estuvo tan mal! -algo que sigo pensando el dia de hoy y razon por la cual le doy dos estrellas y no una .

Me encanta , me fascina que la autora haya elegido ese camino . Que entre todas sus patrañas mormonas , al menos haya entendido que No todo tiene que ir por el lado belico y destructivo ; que no todos los finales son amargos y estan marcados por la muerte insipida y el dolor al pedo .AUnque a muchos lectores les parezca increible e imposibles -SI ! Puede darse , puede pasar que LOs conflictos se resuelvan pacificamente cuando hay charlas de por medio ; cuando hay representantes de un lado y del otro que llegan a un acuerdo sin necesidad de que mueran inocentes .

Hoy pienso que si l primera parte de la novela (la patetica luna de miel , el patetico embarazo y etc etc etc) , AMANECER hubiera tenido mas potencial , hubiese sido mas que una mera novela de el sexo el malo , el aborto es un crimen y todo el conjunto de patrañas anti-mujer que hay implicitas .

-----------------------------

Encontré el final perfecto :

Que suerte que existía Buffy cuando tenia once años .
  LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |
It was a phase, that is all I can say. Going back and reading the stories, I can find so many issues with all three of the books. I can only say that it was a phase. Caught up in the movie hype along with the romantic storyline, I can now see why so many people hated this whole series. ( )
  NicolefromCarmel | May 24, 2015 |
And so the pabulum slips down, spoonful by spoonful, with every now and then a neat idea, an unspoken hint of untold perversity, an almost subliminal flash of something nasty.

Over 754 pages, the answers come almost too easily, but not quickly.

I hope no one takes this review to offense, so here I go.
I thought this book was completely insane, rambling, and irrelevant. Period. So much of this book was just fluff and not enough action like how I think a Vampire book should be about. Sure, the book has it’s good points like Jacob finally coming to terms with his power of an Alpha wolf and Bella finally being transformed into a beautiful vampire. Then again there are so many things t hat don’t make sense and leave me wanting more, but not in the good way because I know that’s the end of that.
Here are my list of problems:
1) Bella’s baby is a super genius with the power to talk through thoughts and images. Now that’s a pretty cool power if you ask me, but it has an adult mind. Not to mention that it has an earsplitting name which I don’t feel like typing out. This very baby is also the center of Jacob’s new infatuation. Please, ignore that he was completely and utterly obsessively in love with Bella for the first three books! Now he’s got an infant to be romantically involved with! Just….ew.
2) Bella is also super perfect as a vampire. Even as a human, Bella defied logic as a person with real emotions or tendencies. I mean, she goes out with a vampire who wants to drink her blood like heroine, hangs out with potentially dangerous werewolves, marries a vampire, gets pregnant, and now she gets turned into one. As a vampire she can suppress her own cravings and has developed powers.
3) The fight scene was a let down! I mean, there was no fighting!
So, those are my thoughts. Feel free to object or argue
added by SPSVLibrary | editSPSVLibrary

Certain elements of BREAKING DAWN are perplexing, even off-putting --- particularly the scenes of sex, pregnancy and childbirth.

But it's nearly impossible to please everyone --- especially when so much of the series' drama has relied on the tension of Bella's choice between two very different but desirable lovers. Readers who are able, eventually, to gain some perspective will find much to redeem BREAKING DAWN, particularly its new insights into Jacob's inner life as well as its neat resolution to several of the series' pressing conflicts and its realistic (or at least as realistic as a vampire romance can get) portrayal of the complexities and joys of married life.

Stephenie Meyerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hachmeister, SylkeÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kadushin, IlyanaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés Sanmiguel, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sánchez Raya, María JesúsTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Walters, MattNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age. The child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies.
Edna St. Vincent Millay (Book 1: Bella)
And yet, to say the truth, reason and love keep little company together nowadays.
>William Shakespeare "A Midsummer Night's Dream" Act III, Scene i (Book Two: Jacob)
Personal affection is a luxury you can have only after all your enemies are eliminated. Until then, everyone you love is a hostage, sapping your courage and corrumpting your judgment.
>Orson Scott Card "Empire" (Book Three: Bella)
This book is dedicated to my ninja/agent, Jodi Reamer.
Thank you for keeping me off the ledge.

And thanks also to my favorite band,
the very aptly named Muse,
for providing a saga's worth of inspiration.
I'd had more than my fair share of near-death experiences; it wasn't something you ever really got used to.
The days were not long enough for me to get my fill of adoring my daughter; the nights did not have enough hours to satisfy my need for Edward.

my book is about a girl named bella and an boy named edward who is a vanpire and bella finds out about him and they both fall in love but hes family are vampires too......

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 031606792X, Hardcover)

Great love stories thrive on sacrifice. Throughout The Twilight Saga (Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse), Stephenie Meyer has emulated great love stories--Romeo and Juliet, Wuthering Heights--with the fated, yet perpetually doomed love of Bella (the human girl) and Edward (the vampire who feeds on animals instead of humans). In Breaking Dawn, the fourth and final installment in the series, Bella’s story plays out in some unexpected ways. The ongoing conflicts that made this series so compelling--a human girl in love with a vampire, a werewolf in love with a human girl, the generations-long feud between werewolves and vampires--resolve pretty quickly, apparently so that Meyer could focus on Bella’s latest opportunity for self-sacrifice: giving her life for someone she loves even more than Edward. How close she comes to actually making that sacrifice is questionable, which is a big shift from the earlier books. Even though you knew Bella would make it through somehow, the threats to her life, and to her relationship with Edward, had previously always felt real. It’s as if Meyer was afraid of hurting her characters too much, which is unfortunate, because the pain Bella suffered at losing Edward in New Moon, and the pain Jacob suffered at losing Bella again and again, are the fire and the heart that drive the whole series. Diehard fans will stick with Bella, Edward, and Jacob for as many twists and turns as possible, but after most of the characters get what they want with little sacrifice, some readers may have a harder time caring what happens next. (Ages 12 and up) --Heidi Broadhead

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:17 -0400)

In the fourth and final book in the #1 bestselling teen vampire Twilight Saga, questions will be answered and the fate of Bella and Edward will be revealed.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,402,552 books! | Top bar: Always visible