Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, Book 4) by…

Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, Book 4) (original 2008; edition 2008)

by Stephenie Meyer

29,90094630 (3.74)2 / 184
Member:OceanStar719
Title:Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, Book 4)
Authors:Stephenie Meyer
Info:Little, Brown Young Readers (2008), Hardcover, 768 pages
Rating:*
Tags:Fanfiction

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (2008)

Recently added byRGuthrie1991, Rena37, jevins, alexanhale, TinaMReid, private library
Legacy LibrariesTim Spalding
    Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw, spanishgodess)
    New Moon by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    Awakening by L. J. Smith (_Zoe_)
    Glass Houses by Rachel Caine (Jenson_AKA_DL, Rachook)
    Jenson_AKA_DL: If you're looking for more vampire stories, I'd suggest this one!
    Evernight by Claudia Gray (titania86)
    Twilight / New Moon / Eclipse / Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (amybroad25)
    amybroad25: Amazing books Could not put any of them down Hoping that she will write another one about Bella and Edwards daughter renesmee
    Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan (mgcdreamer13)
    Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (gamermom2004)
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (TomWaitsTables)
    The Host by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray (goodiegoodie)
    Night World No. 1: Secret Vampire / Daughters of Darkness / Spellbinder by L. J. Smith (_Zoe_)
    Not Safe For Vampires by William Frost (LostVampire)
    LostVampire: Thomas Watson becomes a vampire during the Civil War. The YA fantasy fiction novel NOT SAFE FOR VAMPIRES is a good read. It is only 128 pages, but it is not light reading, You really have to follow the beginning - once you understand the style of writing (there are flashback scenes) you will really enjoy the journey. The story is filled with history. For example, Africatown and the Clotilde ship are a real part of history (I googled it). Also, the character Captain Thomas Watson was really a soldier for the Union Army. I believe you will enjoy this book and add it to your library as well.… (more)

English (917)  Dutch (5)  Spanish (5)  German (4)  Finnish (3)  All (3)  French (2)  Italian (2)  Danish (2)  Catalan (1)  Eskimo languages (1)  Swedish (1)  All (946)
Woo, she's finally a vampire but did Meyer really need to rush it and have her turned in this way? Not okay for the young'n's that read the series. ( )
  TinaMReid | Apr 23, 2017 |
If I could rate this book with negative stars, I would. It read like a badly written fan fiction. ( )
  brideofsevenless | Apr 18, 2017 |
The final book of the series, Bella and Edward finally get married, and end up conceiving a child during their honeymoon. Bella's pregnancy, which went incredibly fast due to the supernatural rate of development, starts to take a grueling physical tole on her, and the labor nearly kills her. After Bella and Edward's daughter, Renesmee is born, Bella awakes as a vampire. Renesmee grows at an incredible rate, and in a few short months takes the form of an 8-10 year old girl. After the Volturi hear word about Edward, Bella, and their daughter, they go to find them to kill them. Bella's family, the Cullens, along with the werewolves, fight to save their family.

The longest book of the entire series, and the one with the most explicit content, I wouldn't make this book available to my students who were under the age of 12. Some of the content can be considered inappropriate for children of this age and younger. And like the other books, if I was teaching a middle school level or junior high level course, I could use the content of the book to teach about mythical creatures and introduce the topic of fantasy fiction. ( )
  gabitouriel | Apr 7, 2017 |
The first half was pretty good but the last half was just so-so and I found myself skimming a lot. Frankly I am glad to be done with them. ( )
  janb37 | Feb 13, 2017 |
Ah, the final instalment in this lousy series. In this one, Bella marries Edward (surprise, surprise) and on their honeymoon, she persuades him to make love to her finally. Well, he does, she ends up bruised and he goes into I'm Such a Horrible Person mode, which got tiring in Twilight. For a while, he stops touching her besides kissing and tries to take her mind off sex and distracts her by taking her to stuff like snorkling and by the time they get back, she's hungry and tired and therefore in no position to ask Edward to sleep with her again. Until she finds a way one night, dressed in her raciest lingerie (courtesy of Alice, of course, she seduces him and then Edward stops being so uptight about sex. And for a while, things are great. They enjoy being a lovemaking married couple. But one morning, Bella finds out he's knocked her up with his half vampire spawn. Of course, Edward is worried more than ever. They go home and Edward and Carlisle want to abort the baby, but Bella, being in love with the idea of having Edward's freak baby, won't let them. She gets Rosalie and Emmett to band against them.

Why Bella wants a baby so bad is beyond me, except that she's in love with the idea. In the other books, she's willing to give up children to become a vampire. She doesn't even care for kids. But when it turns out she can still somehow have a baby, Edward's baby, she wants it so bad. She just wants another little Edward running around.

The girl's name she picked out just in case is stupid, insanely stupid. Renesmee, really? The middle name, Carlie, would have been a better first name. It's a great name. Unique, but not ridiculous.

I don't like how Meyer gave Leah Clearwater some backstory but then dropped it when it gets back to Bella. And she should have ended up with Jacob, but not by imprinting. Don't even get me started on his imprinting on Renesmee. It makes it clear she just wanted to pander to the fans.

The "battle" scene, if you can call it that, is rather anti-climatic. They spend the second half of the book, trying to get witnesses and protect Nessie, and panicking, and for what? A lame scene that goes nowhere. Nothing happens. Gee, for all that talk about how the Volturi won't listen to reason and it turns out, they do. All it takes is Alice getting another half vampire half human hybrid like Nessie to witness. Pathetic.

As usual, the characters are flat and the writing mediocre. ( )
  kyndyleizabella | Jan 23, 2017 |
And so the pabulum slips down, spoonful by spoonful, with every now and then a neat idea, an unspoken hint of untold perversity, an almost subliminal flash of something nasty.

Over 754 pages, the answers come almost too easily, but not quickly.

I hope no one takes this review to offense, so here I go.
I thought this book was completely insane, rambling, and irrelevant. Period. So much of this book was just fluff and not enough action like how I think a Vampire book should be about. Sure, the book has it’s good points like Jacob finally coming to terms with his power of an Alpha wolf and Bella finally being transformed into a beautiful vampire. Then again there are so many things t hat don’t make sense and leave me wanting more, but not in the good way because I know that’s the end of that.
Here are my list of problems:
1) Bella’s baby is a super genius with the power to talk through thoughts and images. Now that’s a pretty cool power if you ask me, but it has an adult mind. Not to mention that it has an earsplitting name which I don’t feel like typing out. This very baby is also the center of Jacob’s new infatuation. Please, ignore that he was completely and utterly obsessively in love with Bella for the first three books! Now he’s got an infant to be romantically involved with! Just….ew.
2) Bella is also super perfect as a vampire. Even as a human, Bella defied logic as a person with real emotions or tendencies. I mean, she goes out with a vampire who wants to drink her blood like heroine, hangs out with potentially dangerous werewolves, marries a vampire, gets pregnant, and now she gets turned into one. As a vampire she can suppress her own cravings and has developed powers.
3) The fight scene was a let down! I mean, there was no fighting!
So, those are my thoughts. Feel free to object or argue
added by SPSVLibrary | editSPSVLibrary

Certain elements of BREAKING DAWN are perplexing, even off-putting --- particularly the scenes of sex, pregnancy and childbirth.

But it's nearly impossible to please everyone --- especially when so much of the series' drama has relied on the tension of Bella's choice between two very different but desirable lovers. Readers who are able, eventually, to gain some perspective will find much to redeem BREAKING DAWN, particularly its new insights into Jacob's inner life as well as its neat resolution to several of the series' pressing conflicts and its realistic (or at least as realistic as a vampire romance can get) portrayal of the complexities and joys of married life.

Stephenie Meyerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hachmeister, SylkeÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kadushin, IlyanaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés Sanmiguel, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sánchez Raya, María JesúsTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Walters, MattNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age. The child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies.
Edna St. Vincent Millay (Book 1: Bella)
And yet, to say the truth, reason and love keep little company together nowadays.
>William Shakespeare "A Midsummer Night's Dream" Act III, Scene i (Book Two: Jacob)
Personal affection is a luxury you can have only after all your enemies are eliminated. Until then, everyone you love is a hostage, sapping your courage and corrumpting your judgment.
>Orson Scott Card "Empire" (Book Three: Bella)
This book is dedicated to my ninja/agent, Jodi Reamer.
Thank you for keeping me off the ledge.

And thanks also to my favorite band,
the very aptly named Muse,
for providing a saga's worth of inspiration.
I'd had more than my fair share of near-death experiences; it wasn't something you ever really got used to.
The days were not long enough for me to get my fill of adoring my daughter; the nights did not have enough hours to satisfy my need for Edward.

my book is about a girl named bella and an boy named edward who is a vanpire and bella finds out about him and they both fall in love but hes family are vampires too......

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 031606792X, Hardcover)

Great love stories thrive on sacrifice. Throughout The Twilight Saga (Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse), Stephenie Meyer has emulated great love stories--Romeo and Juliet, Wuthering Heights--with the fated, yet perpetually doomed love of Bella (the human girl) and Edward (the vampire who feeds on animals instead of humans). In Breaking Dawn, the fourth and final installment in the series, Bella’s story plays out in some unexpected ways. The ongoing conflicts that made this series so compelling--a human girl in love with a vampire, a werewolf in love with a human girl, the generations-long feud between werewolves and vampires--resolve pretty quickly, apparently so that Meyer could focus on Bella’s latest opportunity for self-sacrifice: giving her life for someone she loves even more than Edward. How close she comes to actually making that sacrifice is questionable, which is a big shift from the earlier books. Even though you knew Bella would make it through somehow, the threats to her life, and to her relationship with Edward, had previously always felt real. It’s as if Meyer was afraid of hurting her characters too much, which is unfortunate, because the pain Bella suffered at losing Edward in New Moon, and the pain Jacob suffered at losing Bella again and again, are the fire and the heart that drive the whole series. Diehard fans will stick with Bella, Edward, and Jacob for as many twists and turns as possible, but after most of the characters get what they want with little sacrifice, some readers may have a harder time caring what happens next. (Ages 12 and up) --Heidi Broadhead

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:17 -0400)

In the fourth and final book in the #1 bestselling teen vampire Twilight Saga, questions will be answered and the fate of Bella and Edward will be revealed.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,844,390 books! | Top bar: Always visible