Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga) by Stephenie…

Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga) (original 2008; edition 2010)

by Stephenie Meyer

30,08095030 (3.74)2 / 186
Member:madeleinescott
Title:Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga)
Authors:Stephenie Meyer
Info:ATOM (2010), Paperback, 720 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Read November/December 2012

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (2008)

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw, spanishgodess)
    New Moon by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening and The Struggle by L. J. Smith (_Zoe_)
    Glass Houses by Rachel Caine (Jenson_AKA_DL, Rachook)
    Jenson_AKA_DL: If you're looking for more vampire stories, I'd suggest this one!
    Evernight by Claudia Gray (titania86)
    Twilight / New Moon / Eclipse / Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (amybroad25)
    amybroad25: Amazing books Could not put any of them down Hoping that she will write another one about Bella and Edwards daughter renesmee
    Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan (mgcdreamer13)
    Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (gamermom2004)
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (TomWaitsTables)
    The Host by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray (goodiegoodie)
    Night World No. 1: Secret Vampire / Daughters of Darkness / Spellbinder by L. J. Smith (_Zoe_)
    Not Safe For Vampires by William Frost (LostVampire)
    LostVampire: Thomas Watson becomes a vampire during the Civil War. The YA fantasy fiction novel NOT SAFE FOR VAMPIRES is a good read. It is only 128 pages, but it is not light reading, You really have to follow the beginning - once you understand the style of writing (there are flashback scenes) you will really enjoy the journey. The story is filled with history. For example, Africatown and the Clotilde ship are a real part of history (I googled it). Also, the character Captain Thomas Watson was really a soldier for the Union Army. I believe you will enjoy this book and add it to your library as well.… (more)

English (920)  Dutch (5)  Spanish (5)  German (4)  Finnish (3)  All (3)  French (2)  Italian (2)  Danish (2)  Catalan (1)  Eskimo languages (1)  Swedish (1)  All (949)
I can't believe it's over! Must find Midnight Sun now! ( )
  shaunesay | Jun 21, 2017 |
i liked riley and jasper and rosalie's stories ( )
  Banoczi_Henrietta | Jun 19, 2017 |
E con questo libro la saga si conclude.
BD è un libro che si legge tutto in un fiato, scritto in modo scorrevole e comprensibile a tutti.
La curiosità fa da padrona e ad una prima lettura i fan più accaniti potrebbero trovarlo semplicemente perfetto.
A mio avviso è così perfetto da risultare snervante.
Bellaottiene tutto e così facilmente che ti viene voglia di tirare il libro contro il muro.
Figlia, amore, poteri sensazionali, non deve abbandonare il suo paese, non dovere abbandonare suo padre, la pace con i lupi, non ha problemi di sete (magico autocontrollo), una figlia che gli cresce alla velocità della luce ed ovviamente bellissima ed intelligentissima e Jacob che resta suo amico perchè ha l'imprinting con la la figlia.
Il cuo nome mi astengo dal scrivere dato che è orrendo (meglio il diminuitivo!).
Corriamo su pagine e pagine nell'attesa della famosa battaglia, si riuniscono vampiri su vampiri dai poteri strani e le parentele più assurde ed alla fine?
Cavolo... Nessie non è l'unica!
Bensì Alice, precedentemente scappata dalla famiglia (cavolo avevo trovato qualcosa di bello!) torna con la prova schiacciante che convincerà Aro a non muovere guerra contro la famigliola.
UAO!
Che tempismo.
No veramente... Una bellissima fanfiction ma tremendamente scontato. ( )
  Nasreen44 | Jun 8, 2017 |
This book feels like four. Not just because it's massive, but because each section— the wedding/honeymoon, Bella's pregnancy, Bella's new life as a vampire, and the preparation for the "battle"—feels like its own story. I enjoyed sections 1 and 3. The wedding is lovely, and Bella's first few days as a newborn are very entertaining. I can tell Stephenie Meyer had fun writing those scenes.

But on the other hand, the pregnancy section was over-the-top morose (and too long) and I don't think telling it from Jacob's point of view was really necessary. And Bella's pessimism during the last section of the book is annoying. I never once believed that things were that hopeless. I'm not sure if Meyer really wanted us to go along with Bella's assumptions—I'm guessing she did, to make the tension toward the end more real—but Bella's always been too unreliable of a narrator for me to take her seriously. Another reason why I don't like book 2.

I will say, though, that reading this series again was a much more enjoyable experience than I expected it to be. Now that I know the ending, I can let go of what I think the book should be and enjoy it for what it is: an entertaining fantasy love story with a happy ending. It doesn't need to be anything more than that. ( )
  AngelClaw | May 19, 2017 |
Out of the books this was my favorite. Although again I skipped the Jacob parts *yawn for immature drama*.

I really enjoyed the perspective of vampire Bella and her insights into what it was like to be a vampire. And that she and Edward were finally together. Althoug the lack of Bella and Edward action was a little disappointing.

And the end...so dull!! I wanted a fight, a battle! We got talking. *yawn* ( )
  wendithegray | May 1, 2017 |
And so the pabulum slips down, spoonful by spoonful, with every now and then a neat idea, an unspoken hint of untold perversity, an almost subliminal flash of something nasty.

Over 754 pages, the answers come almost too easily, but not quickly.

I hope no one takes this review to offense, so here I go.
I thought this book was completely insane, rambling, and irrelevant. Period. So much of this book was just fluff and not enough action like how I think a Vampire book should be about. Sure, the book has it’s good points like Jacob finally coming to terms with his power of an Alpha wolf and Bella finally being transformed into a beautiful vampire. Then again there are so many things t hat don’t make sense and leave me wanting more, but not in the good way because I know that’s the end of that.
Here are my list of problems:
1) Bella’s baby is a super genius with the power to talk through thoughts and images. Now that’s a pretty cool power if you ask me, but it has an adult mind. Not to mention that it has an earsplitting name which I don’t feel like typing out. This very baby is also the center of Jacob’s new infatuation. Please, ignore that he was completely and utterly obsessively in love with Bella for the first three books! Now he’s got an infant to be romantically involved with! Just….ew.
2) Bella is also super perfect as a vampire. Even as a human, Bella defied logic as a person with real emotions or tendencies. I mean, she goes out with a vampire who wants to drink her blood like heroine, hangs out with potentially dangerous werewolves, marries a vampire, gets pregnant, and now she gets turned into one. As a vampire she can suppress her own cravings and has developed powers.
3) The fight scene was a let down! I mean, there was no fighting!
So, those are my thoughts. Feel free to object or argue
added by SPSVLibrary | editSPSVLibrary

Certain elements of BREAKING DAWN are perplexing, even off-putting --- particularly the scenes of sex, pregnancy and childbirth.

But it's nearly impossible to please everyone --- especially when so much of the series' drama has relied on the tension of Bella's choice between two very different but desirable lovers. Readers who are able, eventually, to gain some perspective will find much to redeem BREAKING DAWN, particularly its new insights into Jacob's inner life as well as its neat resolution to several of the series' pressing conflicts and its realistic (or at least as realistic as a vampire romance can get) portrayal of the complexities and joys of married life.

Stephenie Meyerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hachmeister, SylkeÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kadushin, IlyanaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés Sanmiguel, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sánchez Raya, María JesúsTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Walters, MattNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age. The child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies.
Edna St. Vincent Millay (Book 1: Bella)
And yet, to say the truth, reason and love keep little company together nowadays.
>William Shakespeare "A Midsummer Night's Dream" Act III, Scene i (Book Two: Jacob)
Personal affection is a luxury you can have only after all your enemies are eliminated. Until then, everyone you love is a hostage, sapping your courage and corrumpting your judgment.
>Orson Scott Card "Empire" (Book Three: Bella)
This book is dedicated to my ninja/agent, Jodi Reamer.
Thank you for keeping me off the ledge.

And thanks also to my favorite band,
the very aptly named Muse,
for providing a saga's worth of inspiration.
I'd had more than my fair share of near-death experiences; it wasn't something you ever really got used to.
The days were not long enough for me to get my fill of adoring my daughter; the nights did not have enough hours to satisfy my need for Edward.

To be irrevocably in love with a vampire is both fantasy and nightmare woven into a dangerously heightened reality for Bella Swan. Pulled in one direction by her intense passion for Edward Cullen, and in another by her profound connection to werewolf Jacob Black, she has endured a tumultuous year of temptation, loss, and strife to reach the ultimate turning point. Her imminent choice to either join the dark but seductive world of immortals or to pursue a fully human life has become the thread from which the fates of two tribes hangs.

Now that Bella has made her decision, a startling chain of unprecedented events is about to unfold with potentially devastating and unfathomable, consequences. Just when the frayed strands of Bella's life - first discovered in Twilight, then scattered and torn in New Moon and Eclipse - seem ready to heal and knit together, could they be destroyed... forever?

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 031606792X, Hardcover)

Great love stories thrive on sacrifice. Throughout The Twilight Saga (Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse), Stephenie Meyer has emulated great love stories--Romeo and Juliet, Wuthering Heights--with the fated, yet perpetually doomed love of Bella (the human girl) and Edward (the vampire who feeds on animals instead of humans). In Breaking Dawn, the fourth and final installment in the series, Bella’s story plays out in some unexpected ways. The ongoing conflicts that made this series so compelling--a human girl in love with a vampire, a werewolf in love with a human girl, the generations-long feud between werewolves and vampires--resolve pretty quickly, apparently so that Meyer could focus on Bella’s latest opportunity for self-sacrifice: giving her life for someone she loves even more than Edward. How close she comes to actually making that sacrifice is questionable, which is a big shift from the earlier books. Even though you knew Bella would make it through somehow, the threats to her life, and to her relationship with Edward, had previously always felt real. It’s as if Meyer was afraid of hurting her characters too much, which is unfortunate, because the pain Bella suffered at losing Edward in New Moon, and the pain Jacob suffered at losing Bella again and again, are the fire and the heart that drive the whole series. Diehard fans will stick with Bella, Edward, and Jacob for as many twists and turns as possible, but after most of the characters get what they want with little sacrifice, some readers may have a harder time caring what happens next. (Ages 12 and up) --Heidi Broadhead

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:17 -0400)

In the fourth and final book in the #1 bestselling teen vampire Twilight Saga, questions will be answered and the fate of Bella and Edward will be revealed.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,089,901 books! | Top bar: Always visible