Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, Book 4) by…

Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, Book 4) (original 2008; edition 2010)

by Stephenie Meyer

27,07488437 (3.79)2 / 146
Member:dianerchen
Title:Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, Book 4)
Authors:Stephenie Meyer
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2010), Edition: 1 Reprint, Paperback, 768 pages

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (2008)

2008 (152) 2009 (89) Bella (93) Edward (89) family (79) fantasy (1,059) fiction (1,115) horror (103) love (325) marriage (106) own (118) paranormal (189) paranormal romance (104) read (281) read in 2008 (93) romance (1,035) series (338) Stephenie Meyer (137) supernatural (189) teen (209) Twilight (326) Twilight Saga (222) Twilight Series (103) urban fantasy (80) vampires (2,428) Washington (88) werewolves (810) YA (497) young adult (816) young adult fiction (123)
    Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw, spanishgodess)
    New Moon by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    The Awakening / The Struggle by L. J. Smith (_Zoe_)
    Glass Houses by Rachel Caine (Jenson_AKA_DL, Rachook)
    Jenson_AKA_DL: If you're looking for more vampire stories, I'd suggest this one!
    Evernight by Claudia Gray (titania86)
    Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan (mgcdreamer13)
    Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (gamermom2004)
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (one-horse.library)
    The Host by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray (goodiegoodie)
    Night World No. 1: Secret Vampire / Daughters of Darkness / Spellbinder by L. J. Smith (_Zoe_)
    Not Safe For Vampires by William Frost (LostVampire)
    LostVampire: Thomas Watson becomes a vampire during the Civil War. The YA fantasy fiction novel NOT SAFE FOR VAMPIRES is a good read. It is only 128 pages, but it is not light reading, You really have to follow the beginning - once you understand the style of writing (there are flashback scenes) you will really enjoy the journey. The story is filled with history. For example, Africatown and the Clotilde ship are a real part of history (I googled it). Also, the character Captain Thomas Watson was really a soldier for the Union Army. I believe you will enjoy this book and add it to your library as well.… (more)

English (857)  Dutch (5)  Spanish (5)  German (4)  Portuguese (Portugal) (3)  French (2)  Italian (2)  Finnish (2)  Catalan (1)  Eskimo languages (1)  Swedish (1)  Danish (1)  All languages (884)
I am still debating the number of stars...suffice to say there are parts I thought were too easy, and parts I thought didn't fit. The whole series was way too soap opera for me...but it always goes back to me for YA fiction: it's getting kids to read.

I'm sure if I went back and read Goosebumps I'd be horrified by utter fascination with it as a child...but at least it got me reading. I saw twilight do that for my students...let's them know books are not all bad, so how do I fault that? ( )
  csweder | Jul 8, 2014 |

csweder | Jul 8, 2014 |
The novel Breaking Dawn, by Stephenie Meyer is the third book in a love story about Edward and Bella. The book starts off where it left off in the second book. The Vulturi are after the Cullen family because Edward and Bella have fallen in love. The catch is that Bella is not a vampire like the rest of the Cullens. This is book is amazingly well written. The way Stephenie Meyer portrays each character in this book is amazing. The book is told from the first person point of view from Bella and Edward. The narrator changes with every section of the book. This brings a new perspective to the situation a we see it from another characters eyes. Overall this book is an amazingly well written take on something some people would say closely resembles Romeo and Juliet. I would definitely recommend this book to any high school student looking for a good read.
  tianagaddis | Jun 11, 2014 |
Ok. I admit. I am a sucker for a happy ending, and I loved it. I have a friend who did not; it was too far-fetched for her. Lets face it---the whole series is far-fetched! But who does not want to be loved by either Edward (Mr. Perfection) or Jacob? ( )
  Dmtcer | Jun 3, 2014 |
Second favourite. Full of drama, couldn't put it down. Great way to end the series. ( )
  IceMaiden786 | May 31, 2014 |
And so the pabulum slips down, spoonful by spoonful, with every now and then a neat idea, an unspoken hint of untold perversity, an almost subliminal flash of something nasty.

Over 754 pages, the answers come almost too easily, but not quickly.

I hope no one takes this review to offense, so here I go.
I thought this book was completely insane, rambling, and irrelevant. Period. So much of this book was just fluff and not enough action like how I think a Vampire book should be about. Sure, the book has it’s good points like Jacob finally coming to terms with his power of an Alpha wolf and Bella finally being transformed into a beautiful vampire. Then again there are so many things t hat don’t make sense and leave me wanting more, but not in the good way because I know that’s the end of that.
Here are my list of problems:
1) Bella’s baby is a super genius with the power to talk through thoughts and images. Now that’s a pretty cool power if you ask me, but it has an adult mind. Not to mention that it has an earsplitting name which I don’t feel like typing out. This very baby is also the center of Jacob’s new infatuation. Please, ignore that he was completely and utterly obsessively in love with Bella for the first three books! Now he’s got an infant to be romantically involved with! Just….ew.
2) Bella is also super perfect as a vampire. Even as a human, Bella defied logic as a person with real emotions or tendencies. I mean, she goes out with a vampire who wants to drink her blood like heroine, hangs out with potentially dangerous werewolves, marries a vampire, gets pregnant, and now she gets turned into one. As a vampire she can suppress her own cravings and has developed powers.
3) The fight scene was a let down! I mean, there was no fighting!
So, those are my thoughts. Feel free to object or argue
added by SPSVLibrary | editSPSVLibrary

Certain elements of BREAKING DAWN are perplexing, even off-putting --- particularly the scenes of sex, pregnancy and childbirth.

But it's nearly impossible to please everyone --- especially when so much of the series' drama has relied on the tension of Bella's choice between two very different but desirable lovers. Readers who are able, eventually, to gain some perspective will find much to redeem BREAKING DAWN, particularly its new insights into Jacob's inner life as well as its neat resolution to several of the series' pressing conflicts and its realistic (or at least as realistic as a vampire romance can get) portrayal of the complexities and joys of married life.

Stephenie Meyerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hachmeister, SylkeÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kadushin, IlyanaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés Sanmiguel, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sánchez Raya, María JesúsTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Walters, MattNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age. The child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies.
Edna St. Vincent Millay (Book 1: Bella)
And yet, to say the truth, reason and love keep little company together nowadays.
>William Shakespeare "A Midsummer Night's Dream" Act III, Scene i (Book Two: Jacob)
Personal affection is a luxury you can have only after all your enemies are eliminated. Until then, everyone you love is a hostage, sapping your courage and corrumpting your judgment.
>Orson Scott Card "Empire" (Book Three: Bella)
This book is dedicated to my ninja/agent, Jodi Reamer.
Thank you for keeping me off the ledge.

And thanks also to my favorite band,
the very aptly named Muse,
for providing a saga's worth of inspiration.
I'd had more than my fair share of near-death experiences; it wasn't something you ever really got used to.
The days were not long enough for me to get my fill of adoring my daughter; the nights did not have enough hours to satisfy my need for Edward.

my book is about a girl named bella and an boy named edward who is a vanpire and bella finds out about him and they both fall in love but hes family are vampires too......

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 031606792X, Hardcover)

Great love stories thrive on sacrifice. Throughout The Twilight Saga (Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse), Stephenie Meyer has emulated great love stories--Romeo and Juliet, Wuthering Heights--with the fated, yet perpetually doomed love of Bella (the human girl) and Edward (the vampire who feeds on animals instead of humans). In Breaking Dawn, the fourth and final installment in the series, Bella’s story plays out in some unexpected ways. The ongoing conflicts that made this series so compelling--a human girl in love with a vampire, a werewolf in love with a human girl, the generations-long feud between werewolves and vampires--resolve pretty quickly, apparently so that Meyer could focus on Bella’s latest opportunity for self-sacrifice: giving her life for someone she loves even more than Edward. How close she comes to actually making that sacrifice is questionable, which is a big shift from the earlier books. Even though you knew Bella would make it through somehow, the threats to her life, and to her relationship with Edward, had previously always felt real. It’s as if Meyer was afraid of hurting her characters too much, which is unfortunate, because the pain Bella suffered at losing Edward in New Moon, and the pain Jacob suffered at losing Bella again and again, are the fire and the heart that drive the whole series. Diehard fans will stick with Bella, Edward, and Jacob for as many twists and turns as possible, but after most of the characters get what they want with little sacrifice, some readers may have a harder time caring what happens next. (Ages 12 and up) --Heidi Broadhead

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:58:09 -0400)

In the fourth and final book in the #1 bestselling teen vampire Twilight Saga, questions will be answered and the fate of Bella and Edward will be revealed.

4 2020

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,475,093 books! | Top bar: Always visible