Mio, My Son by Astrid Lindgren

Mio, My Son (1955)

by Astrid Lindgren

719819,615 (4.1)12
Recently added byrainpebble, private library, AaronPt, Akuliinaaa, tanelkalmet, radfam, PSII, phoebekw
Legacy LibrariesAstrid Lindgren
    The Brothers Lionheart by Astrid Lindgren (ecureuil)
    Momo by Michael Ende (Caramellunacy)
    Caramellunacy: Both are lovely, poignant children's books with plenty of adventure and a good deal of emotional resonance.
    Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J. K. Rowling (andejons)
    andejons: Both are excellent adventure stories about mistreated orphan boys who suddenly find themselves in a magical world that they have to defend from an unspeakable evil, with the aid of new friends and invisibility cloaks.
    The Lost Children by Carolyn Cohagan (infiniteletters)

English (4)  Swedish (2)  Danish (1)  German (1)  All languages (8)
En tidlös berättelse som inte väjer för svåra känslor, som visar tilltro till barns förmåga och som inger hopp och tröst.
  gottelisa | Sep 10, 2012 |
Not the best of Astrid Lindgren that I've read. Clearly one of the early books. The beginning of the magic is there but the characters are rather superficial and the pace of the storytelling is slow. the best part starts in the middle of the book when Mio has to take action.
I did like the basic sentiments about friendship and love in this book. ( )
  dizzmleen | May 8, 2012 |
This is a book about fairly tales. Mio and his father take timeless adventures and travels. The adventures and travels are good and sometimes bad and filled with good and evil. The overall story is great and will want you ready to take a trip!
  DBPeeples | Mar 9, 2010 |
This is my favorite of Astrid Lindgren's books (closely followed by Emil and Ronja) and listening to Astrid herself telling the tale brings me back to childhood and the comforts of having "Everyone's Grandma" telling you a "saga." It has just the right mix of scary and sweet, of tears and laughter. I just love it! And, no, I'll never watch a film made from this book, no matter how great it's supposed to be - the pictures in my head from childhood are too vivid and important to me. Nostalgia at its best!! :) Amazing, isn't it, that she started out writing chick-lit! ( )
1 vote -Eva- | Feb 14, 2008 |

Astrid Lindgrenprimary authorall editionscalculated
Turner, MarianneTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wikland, IlonIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Var det någon som hörde på radion den femtonde oktober förra året?

From Sweden comes a tale of uncommon beauty, in which young Anders is carried away from his bleak life as an unloved foster child in Stockholm to become the son of the King of Farawayland. Line illustrations.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:45 -0400)

Young Anders is carried away from his bleak life as an unloved foster child in Stockholm, Sweden, to become Mio, son of the King of Farawayland.

Legacy Library: Astrid Lindgren

Astrid Lindgren has a Legacy Library. Legacy libraries are the personal libraries of famous readers, entered by LibraryThing members from the Legacy Libraries group.

See Astrid Lindgren's legacy profile.

See Astrid Lindgren's author page.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,413,163 books! | Top bar: Always visible