Mio, mein Mio by Astrid Lindgren

Mio, mein Mio (original 1955; edition 2008)

by Astrid Lindgren, Ilon Wikland (Illustrator), Karl Kurt Peters (Übersetzer)

Member:wanderfisch
Title:Mio, mein Mio
Authors:Astrid Lindgren
Other authors:Ilon Wikland (Illustrator), Karl Kurt Peters (Übersetzer)
Info:Oetinger (2008), Ausgabe: 1, Gebundene Ausgabe, 185 Seiten

Mio, My Son by Astrid Lindgren (1955)

Recently added by5oclockgazpacho, luisgogo, wester, Luua, Sheeo, Gobbers, private library, AmeliaEarhart, Kou_doT
Legacy LibrariesAstrid Lindgren
    The Brothers Lionheart by Astrid Lindgren (ecureuil)
    Momo by Michael Ende (Caramellunacy)
    Caramellunacy: Both are lovely, poignant children's books with plenty of adventure and a good deal of emotional resonance.
    Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J. K. Rowling (andejons)
    andejons: Both are excellent adventure stories about mistreated orphan boys who suddenly find themselves in a magical world that they have to defend from an unspeakable evil, with the aid of new friends and invisibility cloaks.
    The Lost Children by Carolyn Cohagan (infiniteletters)

English (5)  Swedish (2)  Danish (1)  All languages (8)
This is one of my favorite childhood books! My mum used to read it to me when I was little and I always wanted to read it myself but my mum would never let me because our copy of it is really old. So I was extremly excited when my mum finally let me.

I don't remember a lot about the plot now because I haven't read it in ages but I always loved it because it was so sweet and Mio was just a really kind character and the friendship was so nice.

Also I liked the fact that this was about father and son. ( )
  JustSitAndWooui | Mar 1, 2014 |
En tidlös berättelse som inte väjer för svåra känslor, som visar tilltro till barns förmåga och som inger hopp och tröst.
  gottelisa | Sep 10, 2012 |
Not the best of Astrid Lindgren that I've read. Clearly one of the early books. The beginning of the magic is there but the characters are rather superficial and the pace of the storytelling is slow. the best part starts in the middle of the book when Mio has to take action.
I did like the basic sentiments about friendship and love in this book. ( )
  dizzmleen | May 8, 2012 |
This is a book about fairly tales. Mio and his father take timeless adventures and travels. The adventures and travels are good and sometimes bad and filled with good and evil. The overall story is great and will want you ready to take a trip!
  DBPeeples | Mar 9, 2010 |
This is my favorite of Astrid Lindgren's books (closely followed by Emil and Ronja) and listening to Astrid herself telling the tale brings me back to childhood and the comforts of having "Everyone's Grandma" telling you a "saga." It has just the right mix of scary and sweet, of tears and laughter. I just love it! And, no, I'll never watch a film made from this book, no matter how great it's supposed to be - the pictures in my head from childhood are too vivid and important to me. Nostalgia at its best!! :) Amazing, isn't it, that she started out writing chick-lit! ( )
  -Eva- | Feb 14, 2008 |

Astrid Lindgrenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Wikland, IlonIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Var det någon som hörde på radion den femtonde oktober förra året?
Originally published in Swedish as "Mio, min Mio"; translated to English as "Mio, My Son".

From Sweden comes a tale of uncommon beauty, in which young Anders is carried away from his bleak life as an unloved foster child in Stockholm to become the son of the King of Farawayland. Line illustrations.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:46:38 -0400)

Young Anders is carried away from his bleak life as an unloved foster child in Stockholm, Sweden, to become Mio, son of the King of Farawayland.

Legacy Library: Astrid Lindgren

Astrid Lindgren has a Legacy Library. Legacy libraries are the personal libraries of famous readers, entered by LibraryThing members from the Legacy Libraries group.

See Astrid Lindgren's legacy profile.

See Astrid Lindgren's author page.

26 wanted1 pay5 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,919,233 books! | Top bar: Always visible