Echo 1: Moon Lake by Terry Moore

Echo 1: Moon Lake (2008)

by Terry Moore, Francesco Spreafico (Translator)

Member:Kua
Title:Echo 1: Moon Lake
Authors:Terry Moore
Other authors:Francesco Spreafico (Translator)
Info:Free Books (Novembre 2008), Hardcover
Collections:Read, Your library
Tags:Comics, D-4

Echo, Volume 1: Moon Lake by Terry Moore (2008)

I'm a Terry Moore fangirl. We should start there.

I did a reread of this series as it's about to draw to a close in a week or two, and it was time to play catch-up with one of my favorite ever authors and his latest series, before it ends and the newest one begins. I love the beginnings of this series. All the people are so defined and yet we don't know how they all work together, why, where it is going.

I love the scientific quotes from the beginning. Referencing the endings and beginnings we've seen before. What we are and aren't learning from. I also love that our main character is an Everyman Archetype. ( )
  wanderlustlover | Jul 24, 2013 |
Nothing happens in this book. Really. It moves so slowly that after the first big event (which in itself doesn't really seem all that exciting) I didn't really get where this was going. Still don't! I know Terry Moore is all about character, but these people are just not that interesting, even with the supernatural/scientific/whatever enhancements. ( )
  Krumbs | Mar 31, 2013 |
Terry Moore's follow-up to Strangers in Paradise is off to a -- well, it's off to a start. Five issues in and I'm not sure where he's going with this weird little sci-fi story. Some parts seem rushed, some dragged out, but there's a lot of this story yet to come. This first volume doesn't cover a complete story arc--or if it does, it's left with quite the open ending.

So far, not stellar, but not bad, either. Worth a read by Terry Moore's fans, and Moore's fans who gave up on SiP around when every issue was another round of "s/he loves me s/he loves me not" ad infinitum.

(Note: I read this in single issues, which could explain the pacing issues. It's still on our pull list because I don't think either of us has made any yay or nay decision on it yet.) ( )
  librarybrandy | Mar 30, 2013 |
I've just finished the entire 6 volume Echo saga and while it starts off strong in this volume, it kinda peaks in volume 3 or 4 and the ending is pretty silly, almost like an action movie. Terry Moore's art is generally pretty great, though. ( )
  josh314 | Jul 2, 2011 |
Something I’ve wanted to read for a while. This story deals with a woman who becomes caught up in a secret experiment, in fact becomes part of the experiment in an interesting original way. The stripped down black and white artwork has a subtle effect of the storyline, allowing the reader to concentrate on the story without being overawed by the colour. It’s a very minimalist artwork which works effectively. The story is interesting but is very much an ongoing story. When the storyline is complete this series is very much going to be something special. ( )
  theforestofbooks | Nov 13, 2009 |
Time 6:17:52 Elevation 15,000 feet ... and climbing.

Amateur photographer in the wrong place at the wrong time. Showered by liquid metal that forms a strange armor - now, someone wants her dead and help comes from unlikely sources.

"Julie Martin is taking photographs in the California desert when an explosion in the clouds showers her with liquid metal pellets that stick to her skin and begin to reform a powerful atomic armor. Now somebody wants Julie dead and the only one who can save her is a woman they've already killed."--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,617,044 books! | Top bar: Always visible