3 Willows: The Sisterhood Grows (3 Willows…

3 Willows: The Sisterhood Grows (3 Willows (Hardback)) (edition 2009)

by Ann Brashares

Member:kkrisdan28
Title:3 Willows: The Sisterhood Grows (3 Willows (Hardback))
Authors:Ann Brashares
Info:Delacorte Books for Young Readers (2009), Hardcover, 336 pages

3 Willows: The Sisterhood Grows by Ann Brashares

Recently added byrena75, private library, ireadnovels, CampionLibrarySTIG

A great summer read for upper elementary students, 3 Willows tells the story of close elementary school friends who face the fact that they've changed a lot during the summer before High School. Will their friendship be able to change, too? Will they leave each other behind as they grow into their teenaged selves? Anyone who's had really good friends in Middle School can relate to the themes of this book.

Mostly, I found the book dealt realistically with all the changes that occur during adolescence. As a young teen, I probably would have love this novel. However, as an adult, I couldn't help thinking that if my 14 year old daughter ever makes out with a complete stranger on a bus, I'm going to have a heart attack. ( )
  VanChocStrawberry | Apr 2, 2018 |
Review: 3 Willows by Ann Brashares

Here is a summary of what the book is about. summer is a time to grow

seeds
Polly has an idea that she can't stop thinking about, one that involves changing a few things about herself. She's setting her sights on a more glamorous life, but it's going to take all of her focus. At least that way she won't have to watch her friends moving so far ahead.

roots
Jo is spending the summer at her family's beach house, working as a busgirl and bonding with the older, cooler girls she'll see at high school come September. She didn't count on a brief fling with a cute boy changing her entire summer. Or feeling embarrassed by her middle school friends. And she didn't count on her family at all. . .

leaves
Ama is not an outdoorsy girl. She wanted to be at an academic camp, doing research in an air-conditioned library, earning A's. Instead her summer scholarship lands her on a wilderness trip full of flirting teenagers, blisters, impossible hiking trails, and a sad lack of hair products.
It is a new summer. And a new sisterhood. Come grow with them.

I found this book very interesting.

I thought it was apart of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series but it's not. It's a new sisterhood and new friendships.

What I got out of the storyline is that no matter what your friends are always there for you.

I only hope to have friendships as close as the characters did in this book.

I do plan on reading more books from this author.

Happy Reading Everyone!
  ErinAyin | Jun 18, 2017 |
I really liked this one. It is sort've a spinoff of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series. It follows a new trio of girls during their summer before their freshmen year of high school. It was like the other series, in that the girls are separated during the summer and discover new things about themselves, and although they feel like they are drifting away from each other, the distance makes them realize just how much they need each other. ( )
  amyghilton | Jul 27, 2016 |
This book was okay. I was a little disappointed because the title says The Sisterhood Grows but I really didn't see how this was like the Traveling Pants Sisterhood. Yes, some of the other characters were mentioned and yes the sisterhood girls were mentioned, but these 3 girls were not friends from birth and in the book they were more mean to each other than sisters. I didn't find this as enjoyable as the other books and kind of wished I hadn't read it. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
-- If 3 WILLOWS by Ann Brashares is in the Young Adult genre this AARP-eligible reader loves it. Hardcover edition with white willow tree scrolled on teal jacket is beautiful to look at & hold. Ama, Jo, & Polly are separated the summer before they enter 9th grade. Each teenager faces a challenge. Plot occurs in the present with a bit of the past thrown in for context. I enjoyed popular SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING PANTS by Brashares (& 2005 movie adaptation). -- ( )
  MinaIsham | May 13, 2016 |

Ann Brasharesprimary authorall editionscalculated
Farr, KimberlyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The smallest sprout shows
there really is no death.
-Walt Whitman
"Song of Myself"
For Nancy Easton, with love and gratitude for your friendship, through many children, many books, and many miles. Thanks for listening to my thoughts about trees.

And for my beloved 3, Sam, Nate, and Susannah.
The roots of the willow tree are remarkable for their strength and tenacious hold on life.
The last day of school was a half day.

summer is a time to grow

seeds

roots

leaves
It is a new summer. And a new sisterhood. Come grow with them.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:22 -0400)

Ama, Jo, and Polly, three close friends from Bethesda, Maryland, spend the summer before ninth grade learning about themselves, their families, and the changing nature of their friendship.

Ann Brashares is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Author Chat

Ann Brashares chatted with LibraryThing members from Jun 6, 2011 to Jun 10, 2011. Read the chat.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,353,469 books! | Top bar: Always visible