Parties & Potions by Sarah Mlynowski

Parties & Potions

by Sarah Mlynowski

1921261,408 (4.02)3
    Prom Anonymous by Blake Nelson (ragulto101)
    ragulto101: about 3 best friends who split up into their own cliques when they got to high school. One is a popular, one is a geek, and one is a jock.But the 3 friends were reunited when it was time for their Prom; found the right guys for them.

Finished listening to this on the way home from work. I really like the girl who reads these. Rachel finally deals with telling her friends and family and Raf about her powers, Miri gets a boyfriend and the girls have a Samsorta (like a bar mitzvah for witches.) Not everyone react wonderfully but eventually everyone comes around, including Rachel herself.

As in the previous books, some things are predictable but the books are so much fun that it isn't really an issue. This is the first volume where Rachel didn't do something so over the top that I got nervous. This one was more about Rachel's internal conflict. ( )

Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
Much better than I'd expected this to be when the review envelope crossed my desk. I haven't read the rest of the series, but judging from this fourth offering, it's light and breezy and actually kinda fun. It's nice to see books that don't take themselves too seriously in their bubble-headedness!

My biggest quibble with it is the 7-legged spider on the cover, and used as section breaks within the chapters. I'd love to know where that last leg is. ( )
  librarybrandy | Mar 31, 2013 |

Perfect hair, cute clothes, healthy tans—life’s a breeze when you’re a witch! Even special witchcraft classes Rachel agrees to attend with Miri turn out to be fun. The sisters meet other teen witches just like them—who knew? Everyone’s preparing for a magical party called a Samsorta—a debutante ball for witches. And it wouldn’t be a ball without warlocks. Cute ones. Like Adam, who wants to slow dance with Rachel, and ski with her in the Rockies—on a school night! Of course, Rachel is madly in love with her boyfriend, Raf. So why can’t she bring herself to tell Adam—funny, charming Adam—that Raf exists?

Rachel knows Raf likes her. Maybe even, gulp, loves her. But Raf doesn’t know her secret. Unlike Adam, Raf doesn’t know who she really is. And she can never tell him. Or can she?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:57 -0400)

High school sophomore Rachel and her younger sister Miri, both witches, are introduced to a wider community of witches while grappling with the problem of whether or not to reveal their powers to their school friends, father, and step-mother.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,198,567 books! | Top bar: Always visible