Children Just Like Me: A Unique Celebration of Children Around the World (1995)

by Anabel Kindersley, Barnabas Kindersley

Photographs and text depict the homes, schools, family life, and culture of young people around the world.

OakGrove-KFA | Mar 28, 2020 |
  OakGrove-KFA | Mar 28, 2020 |
My kid finds all these other children a bit overwhelming I think--it doesn't help that each page is divided up into a series of little blurbs; it would have been better to have a main writeup on each child and their country/family/hobbies/whatever--but the way these children naturally inhabit their different lives and the way the book celebrates that makes me think how much we've lost (since the nineties when this book came out, that is, since the open world), how fast, in terms of our way of celebrating cultural diversity--I feel like the book is essentializing and exoticizing even as I know it's not. I really like it though. ( )
  MeditationesMartini | Jun 4, 2017 |
Heartbreakingly beautiful smiling children. None from Sudan, Afghanistan or Iraq, and several from the USA, but on the whole 'balanced'. Just a nice honest reflection of how children around the world really do live in their own cultures. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
The author of this book selected children from all over the world to explain where they are from and why it is special. This book needs to be in the classroom year round so the students can learn about children from around the world. It is important for children to understand that all children are alike, but also a little different. A being different is a great thing! ( )
  afussell | Nov 27, 2013 |

Anabel Kindersleyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Kindersley, Barnabasmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 156,950,029 books! | Top bar: Always visible