Back to Life (The Trophy Wives Club, Book 2)…

Back to Life (The Trophy Wives Club, Book 2) (edition 2008)

by Kristin Billerbeck

Member:Yvonne473
Title:Back to Life (The Trophy Wives Club, Book 2)
Authors:Kristin Billerbeck
Info:Avon Inspire (2008), Paperback, 272 pages
Tags:inspirational

Back to Life by Kristin Billerbeck

This is the second and final installment in the Trophy Wives Club series. While I was happy that questions were answered in regards to the lives of the characters, the story was choppy. Each chapter was told from a different character's perspective, plus most of the storyline was too drawn out. You'd think you were finally getting to the bottom of something and the story would veer off course and on to another tangent. It took much too long to bring it all together.If you've read the first book in the series, I'd recommend reading this one, if only for "closure." Otherwise, I'd skip the series all together. ( )
  ldrumm16 | Dec 3, 2010 |
As I said after reading the first book in this series, I never would have thought to see a Christian fiction book about Trophy Wives. This is because this subject is practically taboo to most Christians and also because a lot of these wives suddenly find themselves divorced.

Why did I really like this story? It's because the characters are flawed and realistic. I am one of those readers who gets really tired of reading about cookie cutter Christians who do all the right things and are practically perfect in every way. While some of those people may exist, it is not real life. The characters in this story have been hurt and are confused about how they should react to that pain. It would be have been very unrealistic for them to immediately turn everything over to God and become happy and forget about their past. It's a little bit odd at first that Jane and Lindsay get along with each other. I'm not sure if I was either woman if I would have wanted to be near the "other woman" in my husband's life. Granted they didn't like each other in the beginning and both were wary and suspicious of each other. Eventually they learn to trust each other and, while not being the best of friends, have been able to become able accept and confide in one another. While this book is not overtly preachy, it is because of faith that these two are able to do this. Otherwise, this story would have taken the path out of a plot from a Desperate Housewives episode.

I really enjoyed reading this book. The cover looks like it's fluffy chick lit but I don't think it fits that genre since the subject matter is more serious. It's not for everyone. Those who think that Christians shouldn't be flawed or that marriages will always have happy endings won't like this book. However if you want a realistic work of fiction that looks deeper at issues that aren't normally talked about in Christian fiction but with a light touch, this book will be perfect for you. ( )
  mrsjason | Dec 22, 2009 |
  bookstorylori | Oct 1, 2009 |
I loved this book! Kristen keep them coming! ( )
  longhorns4life | May 27, 2009 |
Avon Inspire has done it again! One more fabulous book to add to my keep shelf, I have never read something from Avon Inspire that I was not in love with immediately. This is my first experience with Kristin Billerbeck and it was a great one, I'm definitely a new fan. This is book two of a series, and even though I read this one without reading the first one, I was completely drawn in and felt that I really knew the characters and really enjoyed the story-lives of Jane and Lindsey. I cannot wait to go back and get my hands on a copy of the first book. Lindsey and Jane are two very different women and odd points in life, but they really could not have more in common at the same time. The way that things work together to bring about the will of God is incredibly shown in this story. There is plenty of Christ in this story without preaching at every corner, and I definitely think that this story would be a joy read from any market. One of the best things in life is to know your friends, not take them for granted, and to move one day at a time. This is a great story for anyone to read and learn from. I was hesitant at first, because this does take place in L.A. with a good set of Trophy Wives, and I am a makeup-less book junkie who could really care less about shoes, makeup, and clothes. (I think it's probably been at least two years since I bought any clothes...) But I was pleasantly surprised and brought into a wonderful group of women getting to know each other and themselves better. I could see myself in their personalities and learned to like a few things as well as let some others go. This story is really a great weekend or spa read or just a fun one for anywhere and anytime and I strongly recommend it. ( )
  cherryblossommj | Sep 25, 2008 |

Lindsay took to marriage like a starlet to stilettos, but her husband had a deeper love for his business. Left alone after his death, Lindsay must find out who she is when there isn't a party to plan or another person's life to be organized. Can she find her way Back to Life?

Lindsay realized when she married Ron, a man seventeen years her senior, that the odds were he'd see heaven before her, but she never expected to be a widow at thirty-five. She knows there's too much of life remaining for her to just sit around in mourning, but she can't seem to kick-start the rest of her life. Then unexpected help arrives...when Ron's first wife, Jane, shows up at Lindsay's front door.

The executor of their late husband's estate, Jane is everything Lindsay's not: strong, stubborn, independent...and a lot older. There are other surprises as well, including Ron Jr. (whom Jane insists is not "really" Ron's son). But against all odds, a most unlikely friendship begins to develop—as each woman discovers how to own up to her past mistakes and to reevaluate what is really important. Told in the alternating voices of Jane and Lindsay, and featuring the return of many of the unforgettable characters introduced in The Trophy Wives Club, Back to Life is a lighthearted, relatable read about where to turn when life goes in a direction you never planned.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:21 -0400)

Lindsey realised when she married Ron, a man 17 years her senior, but she never expected to be a widow at 35. There ?s too much of life left for her to just sit around in mourning, but she can ?t seem to kick start the rest of her life. That is until she gets some help from Ron ?s first wife, Jane, who shows up unexpectedly at her door one day as the executor of her husband ?s estate. Jane is everything Lindsey ?s not - independent, stubborn - and a lot older. Plus she has one surprise after another - including a son named Ron Jr. (she insists he ?s not ?really ? Ron ?s son). But an unlikely friendship develops as each woman begins to re-evaluate what is really important, and owns up to the mistakes they ?ve made in the past.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,322,824 books! | Top bar: Always visible