The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan

The Last Olympian

by Rick Riordan

6,822229540 (4.39)1 / 233
Recently added byHunterMiddle, adollopofdaisies, cabeludo, sreeparna, sncase1, blog_gal, private library, mathsie

English (226)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  German (1)  Finnish (1)  All languages (229)
Fantastic story for anyone that that's a fan of Greek mythology. Tore through it in no time at all. Written for middle school age readers, but I think older readers can enjoy this series just as much. Great finish to the series, with just enough of a teaser to bring back readers for the next set. ( )
  Tigerlily12 | Jul 9, 2014 |
It took me long enough to read this, the last of the Percy Jackson series. Overall a fun, informative series. I wish that I read finished the series sooner (I would have understood the last book more). But overall good ending and good job! ( )
  csweder | Jul 8, 2014 |
  csweder | Jul 8, 2014 |
Liked the ending. Surprise at the prophecy coming to fruition and the hero dies ( )
  weisser4 | Jun 3, 2014 |
That's it. Riordan has me definitely crazy. Everything. Absolutely everything, every little ingredient that forms this book has fascinated me to the utmost . While the previous thought I had already completely conquered , this made ​​it even more . If possible . It is definitely my favorite of the five.

I begin with the story. It's perfect , it's just very well spun . Everything was designed for from the beginning of the first book to this to make things finally come to light . Discover the meaning of the Great Prophecy , witness the great battle that had been announced , and secrets of some gods and Luke 's past will be unearthed . What more could you want? Ah , yes. A lovely message and a loving relationship between Percy and Annabeth more sincere and nice . Not to mention the fantastic narrative of the author.

The pace of the book is addictive. Completely. It has the most action of the three , from the beginning to the end we will have many battles and amazing scenes with which I thoroughly enjoyed. The author does not give a single breath, when you think the water will be calm , surprises you with some twist or some detail to be final in history. As expected also the bloodiest , not an exaggerated thing , but more than in the previous . In addition a number of things happened that I did not expect at all so I have been very surprised on many occasions ( )
  NathaliePolanco | Apr 29, 2014 |
The action, never leisurely in any of the five books in the series, runs at a frantic pace here — monsters pop out with a rapidity that becomes almost predictable, except that they are so enjoyably hair-raising, and that Riordan has such clever ways of dispatching them.

Rick Riordanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bernstein, JesseNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Mrs. Pabst, my eighth grade English teacher, who started me on my journey as a writer.
The end of the world started when a pegasus landed on the hood of my car.
"The world will fall, the gods will die, and I will never achieve a perfect score on this stupid machine." (Dionysus)
This LT work is the fifth (and last) volume in Rick Riordan's series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Please do not combine it with any other individual title or collection of titles from the series. Thank you.
All year the half-bloods have been preparing for battle against the Titans, knowing the odds of victory are grim. Kronos’s army is stronger than ever, and with every god and half-blood he recruits, the evil Titan’s power only grows. While the Olympians struggle to contain the rampaging monster Typhon, Kronos begins his advance on New York City, where Mount Olympus stands virtually unguarded. Now it’s up to Percy Jackson and an army of young demigods to stop the Lord of Time.

In this momentous final book in the New York Times best-selling Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, the long-awaited prophecy surrounding Percy’s sixteenth birthday unfolds. And as the battle for Western civilization rages on the streets of Manhattan, Percy faces a terrifying suspicion that he may be fighting against his own fate.

While the Olympians struggle to contain the rampaging monster Typhon, Kronos begins his advance on New York City, where Mount Olympus stands virtually unguarded. Now it's up to Percy Jackson and an army of young demigods to stop the Lord of Time.

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,644,902 books! | Top bar: Always visible