The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan

The Last Olympian

by Rick Riordan

11,008295384 (4.35)1 / 252

English (288)  German (2)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  Finnish (1)  Spanish (1)  French (1)  All languages (294)
Mayores de 8 años
  Alba26 | Aug 22, 2019 |
2.5 stars

I can’t summarize the plot very well, because I missed much of it. I do know that there is some kind of prophecy, something that’s supposed to happen to Percy, or something that Percy’s supposed to do when he’s 16 (maybe both) - I think it’s something dangerous. His 16th birthday is coming real soon.

I wanted to give this 3 stars (ok), but I listened to the audio, and the audios of these books just don’t hold my attention, though I caught some things here and there. From what I gathered there was lots of fighting, but hard to pick out a plot. Or, maybe that’s the idea? I wish I had looked back at my reviews for the other books in the series for that reminder to not listen to the audios. I do (kind of) know how it wrapped up – at least some of the things that happened at the end with Percy’s friends, and an agreement made with the gods.

I see that the series continues with a focus on the Camp for the demi-gods. Might be more interesting; I’m not sure, but I’m thinking it’s just not worthwhile for me to continue. Oh, and I still only ever think of a cute blue Muppet every time I hear the name “Grover”! And shoot, now that I’ve actually read the plot summary, I feel like I should lower my rating to 2 stars because I caught so little of that… ( )
  LibraryCin | Aug 21, 2019 |
I really enjoyed this book. It finished out the series strong and left me hoping he carries on with a "next gen" kind of thing. I would buy and read more if he did. ( )
  Amelia1989 | Jun 10, 2019 |
Pol Mejillón! ( )
  dieciseislunas | Jun 2, 2019 |
This was very interesting, it's mostly about a prophecy. Now at first every character in the book thinks its about Percy Jackson (son of Poseidon), but later they find out its about Annabeth (daughter of Athena) and her friendship with Luke (son of Hermes also the enemy of percy). Percy Jackson is on a another adventure with his friends Annabeth, and Thalia (daughter of Zeus), they are about to have a giant battle with Kronos ( who has taken control of luke). So Percy gathers up every demigod at camp half blood, but the ares cabin decides not to go, and stop Kronos and his army from taking Olympus. Percy's army is losing and when all hope seems lost reinforcements of Centaurs come along with ares cabin. The gods unfortunately are fighting typhon and can't help the demigods defeat Kronos.

I thought this book was very good. There was a lot of fighting and killing but Percy ended up wining. My favorite part of the book is when Percy gets the powers of Achilles and takes out Hades tiny army by himself. I rated this 5 star because there was a lot of action, killing, and its sad but none of the main characters die. I really like the part where Percy's dog Ms. O'Leary learns to travel in the shadows to go to places faster. ( )
  JeremiahH.G1 | Feb 8, 2019 |
The action, never leisurely in any of the five books in the series, runs at a frantic pace here — monsters pop out with a rapidity that becomes almost predictable, except that they are so enjoyably hair-raising, and that Riordan has such clever ways of dispatching them.

Rick Riordanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bernstein, JesseNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Haefs, GabrieleTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Mrs. Pabst, my eighth grade English teacher, who started me on my journey as a writer.
The end of the world started when a pegasus landed on the hood of my car.
"The world will fall, the gods will die, and I will never achieve a perfect score on this stupid machine." (Dionysus)
Das LT ist die fünfte (und letzte) Band in Rick Riordan Serie, Percy Jackson and the Olympians . Bitte nicht in Kombination mit einem anderen einzelnen Titel oder Sammlung von Titeln aus der Reihe. Danke.
All year the half-bloods have been preparing for battle against the Titans, knowing the odds of victory are grim. Kronos’s army is stronger than ever, and with every god and half-blood he recruits, the evil Titan’s power only grows.

While the Olympians struggle to contain the rampaging monster Typhon, Kronos begins his advance on New York City, where Mount Olympus stands virtually unguarded. Now it’s up to Percy Jackson and an army of young demigods to stop the Lord of Time.

In this momentous final book in the New York Times best-selling Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, the long-awaited prophecy surrounding Percy’s sixteenth birthday unfolds. And as the battle for Western civilization rages on the streets of Manhattan, Percy faces a terrifying suspicion that he may be fighting against his own fate.

The long-awaited prophecy surrounding Percy Jackson's sixteenth birthday unfolds as he leads an army of young demigods to stop Kronos in his advance on New York City, while the Olympians struggle to contain the rampaging monster, Typhon.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 137,395,602 books! | Top bar: Always visible