The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan

The Last Olympian

by Rick Riordan

7,408239474 (4.38)1 / 239

English (235)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  German (1)  Finnish (1)  All languages (238)
What an ending! The character of Annabeth was the best of all! ( )
  bookandink | Aug 19, 2015 |
This was the best one yet. Satisfying ending, suspenseful, absolutely perfect for kids grades 4 (avid readers) through 8. My 7th and 8th grade male students are particularly into it now, which surprised me. Anyway, I recommend the series for that age group only, but then again, adults actually obsess over Harry Potter, so who am I to say.

engpunk77 | Aug 10, 2015 |
I haven't decided if I'm doing a full review on this. But I do want to say a few things.

I love this series. It came full circle with The Last Olympian. I really will miss Percy being the narrator. I am definitely going to be reading Riordan's other series. I already have The Red Pyramid on my iPad. Can't wait to start it.

I just love myths-- especially Ancient Greek and Roman. I really enjoyed how the older and lesser known Gods had more prominence in this book. I actually thought I had figured the ending out several times-- but was surprised. And surprised again. But I loved the ending! This was my favorite book of the series (well I liked The lightning Thief equally too). Maybe I just feel that way though because I just read it and it's so awesome.

Ok I can't say much more because I don't wanna spoil anything!

Diamond.Dee. | Jul 3, 2015 |
Riordan finishes up the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series in fine fashion, with plenty of humor and action, not to mention setting up his next series. It's an excellent ending to a great middle school series. ( )
  wanack | Apr 19, 2015 |
Wow...the final book in this otherwise excellent series was by far the worst. Nearly the entire book is the final battle, and it was a dull one. It's a satisfying ending, and if you have enjoyed the other four you'll definitely want to read it, but exciting is definitely not the word for this one. ( )
  CherieDooryard | Jan 20, 2015 |
The action, never leisurely in any of the five books in the series, runs at a frantic pace here — monsters pop out with a rapidity that becomes almost predictable, except that they are so enjoyably hair-raising, and that Riordan has such clever ways of dispatching them.

Rick Riordanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bernstein, JesseNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Mrs. Pabst, my eighth grade English teacher, who started me on my journey as a writer.
The end of the world started when a pegasus landed on the hood of my car.
"The world will fall, the gods will die, and I will never achieve a perfect score on this stupid machine." (Dionysus)
This LT work is the fifth (and last) volume in Rick Riordan's series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Please do not combine it with any other individual title or collection of titles from the series. Thank you.
All year the half-bloods have been preparing for battle against the Titans, knowing the odds of victory are grim. Kronos’s army is stronger than ever, and with every god and half-blood he recruits, the evil Titan’s power only grows. While the Olympians struggle to contain the rampaging monster Typhon, Kronos begins his advance on New York City, where Mount Olympus stands virtually unguarded. Now it’s up to Percy Jackson and an army of young demigods to stop the Lord of Time.

In this momentous final book in the New York Times best-selling Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, the long-awaited prophecy surrounding Percy’s sixteenth birthday unfolds. And as the battle for Western civilization rages on the streets of Manhattan, Percy faces a terrifying suspicion that he may be fighting against his own fate.

While the Olympians struggle to contain the rampaging monster Typhon, Kronos begins his advance on New York City, where Mount Olympus stands virtually unguarded. Now it's up to Percy Jackson and an army of young demigods to stop the Lord of Time.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,155,462 books! | Top bar: Always visible