The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the…

The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 5) (edition 2011)

by Rick Riordan (Author)

10,289288397 (4.35)1 / 244
Member:10sterling10
Title:The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 5)
Authors:Rick Riordan (Author)
Info:Disney-Hyperion (2011), Edition: Reprint, 432 pages

The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan

English (281)  German (2)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  Finnish (1)  Spanish (1)  French (1)  All languages (287)
I purchased
  icelibrary | Sep 11, 2018 |
OK. I'm glad one of my students kept pushing these Percy Jackson books down my throat. The 2nd one was pretty awful, but they definitely improved as the series went on. ( )
  CSKteach | Jul 20, 2018 |
Awesomeness. Loved what he chose at the end. ( )
  AdrianaGarcia | Jul 10, 2018 |
This is the finale of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series and so far of the Rick Riordan books I've read it is by far my favorite.

Percy has to save Manhatten, the world, and the 600th floor too. Well, or, he doesn't. He's still one of three demigods who have survived the other four books somehow.

Of co urse, there's also a trip that Percy has to take to the underworld, and that was quite a journey. I was surprised by just how man visions Percy got during this book too. From all his dreams (and he seemed to sleep a lot) as well as the fact that he seems to get given more waking visions from gods (and titans) more often than usual.

I liked the story also because for the most part it seemed like its own story instead of Percy going through trials that other heroes already had gone through. It made the stories seem more like Percy was starting his own mythology instead of following others'.

I do have to say that the denoumout was weirdly long. I get why they needed it, but, it seemed to go on just a bit.

There were scenes that were awesome. There was a Patriots reference in it, which was cool, and then there was the comment about how the Statue of Susan B. Anthony was found strangling the Frederick Douglass statue. It cracked me up at first, and then I was like... hmm... it was definitely a memorable part of the book.

Overall it was a really solid novel, and I really liked it, even with the Prophecy at the end that only means more books and another series. ( )
  DanieXJ | Jul 9, 2018 |
The Last Olympian was a great ending to a great series. It starts off very strongly and exciting and just gets better. I was very satisfied with how all the characters ended up, I loved all of their roles and think each of them were rewarded nicely (expect for the fallen demigods/hunters/etc of course, but even they had beautiful and heart warming "send off's" and burials)

I saw SO many comparisons of the PJO series to the Harry Potter series that I figured I had to see for myself and I'm glad I did. Firstly, I must say that while, yes, they do have their likenesses they really are completely different stories. I did feel the HP series by J.K Rowling was more... Mature? More daring and risky than PJO which was a little disappointing but for what PJO lacked in danger, death, etc- it made up for in humor, its own loveable characters and its own creative twists and turns. One other thing that I disliked about the series is that all of the books sort of followed a pattern, but since this is targeted toward younger readers I can see past that and I still feel these books are worth reading.

I really wish I would have read this when I was younger, i think i would have enjoyed it more. But, better late than never, right? I definitely plan on picking up "The Lost Hero" series of Rick Riordan since its a tie in series of PJO and I've heard great things about it; I'd love to continue on in the Percy Jackson world. ( )
  HunterHB2 | May 30, 2018 |
The action, never leisurely in any of the five books in the series, runs at a frantic pace here — monsters pop out with a rapidity that becomes almost predictable, except that they are so enjoyably hair-raising, and that Riordan has such clever ways of dispatching them.

Rick Riordanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bernstein, JesseNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Haefs, GabrieleTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Mrs. Pabst, my eighth grade English teacher, who started me on my journey as a writer.
The end of the world started when a pegasus landed on the hood of my car.
"The world will fall, the gods will die, and I will never achieve a perfect score on this stupid machine." (Dionysus)
This LT work is the fifth (and last) volume in Rick Riordan's series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Please do not combine it with any other individual title or collection of titles from the series. Thank you.
All year the half-bloods have been preparing for battle against the Titans, knowing the odds of victory are grim. Kronos’s army is stronger than ever, and with every god and half-blood he recruits, the evil Titan’s power only grows.

While the Olympians struggle to contain the rampaging monster Typhon, Kronos begins his advance on New York City, where Mount Olympus stands virtually unguarded. Now it’s up to Percy Jackson and an army of young demigods to stop the Lord of Time.

In this momentous final book in the New York Times best-selling Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, the long-awaited prophecy surrounding Percy’s sixteenth birthday unfolds. And as the battle for Western civilization rages on the streets of Manhattan, Percy faces a terrifying suspicion that he may be fighting against his own fate.

The long-awaited prophecy surrounding Percy Jackson's sixteenth birthday unfolds as he leads an army of young demigods to stop Kronos in his advance on New York City, while the Olympians struggle to contain the rampaging monster, Typhon.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,530,388 books! | Top bar: Always visible