Eens beloofd by Harlan Coben

Eens beloofd (original 2006; edition 2014)

by Harlan Coben

Member:Karel22
Title:Eens beloofd
Authors:Harlan Coben
Info:Amsterdam Boekerij 2014

Promise Me by Harlan Coben (2006)

Atlantis Found by Clive Cussler (Bjoernelv)
    Bjoernelv: Humorous actionthrillers, both the Myron Bolitar-series and the Dirk Pitt-series are extremely exciting and fun readings! :-)
    Killing Floor by Lee Child (fleagirl)
    fleagirl: Big tough-guy with heart of tarnished gold, has knack for getting himself into trouble while getting others out.

English (54)  Spanish (3)  Dutch (3)  French (2)  German (1)  All languages (63)
I had a huge problem with this book.....I liked the pace and the story was good.....but I just can't stand Myron Bolitar. A friend gave me several Harlan Coben novels, and I've heard Promise Me was a great read. It was a good read, the search for Katie and Aimee, two high school girls that are missing under similar circumstances. They attend the same school and used the same ATM after their disapperence.......the end was pretty good, but I'm going to have to learn to like Myron if I keep reading Coben. ( )
  over.the.edge | Sep 16, 2018 |
Harlan Coben didn't disappoint. I think this is one of my favorite Myron thrillers...lots of twists, turns, and is she or isn't she.

When a friend's daughter disappears after Myron drops her off a friend's house, only to later learn that the location wasn't her friend's house...Myron sets to make things right, and find her before it's too late... ( )
  shannon.dolgos | Sep 5, 2017 |
Book Description
New York Times bestselling author Harlan Coben returns with PROMISE ME--a searing new thriller and a story of how far we will go to protect our own….

It has been six years since entertainment agent Myron Bolitar last played superhero. In six years he hasn’t thrown a punch. He hasn’t held, much less fired, a gun. He hasn’t called his friend Win, still the scariest man he knows, to back him up or get him out of trouble.
All that is about to change...because of a promise.

The school year is almost over. Anxious families await word of college acceptances. In these last pressure-cooker months of high school, some kids will make the all-too- common and all-too-dangerous mistake of drinking and driving. But Myron is determined to help keep his friends’ children safe, and so he makes two neighborhood girls promise him: If they are ever in a bind but are afraid to call their parents, they must call him.

Several nights later, the call comes at 2:00 am, and true to his word, Myron picks up one of the girls in midtown Manhattan and drives her to a quiet cul-de-sac in New Jersey where she says her friend lives.

The next day, the girl’s parents discover that their daughter is missing. And that Myron was the last person to see her. Desperate to fulfill a well-intentioned promise turned nightmarishly wrong, Myron races to find her before she’s gone forever. But his past will not be buried so easily - for trouble has always stalked him, and his loved ones often suffer. Now Myron must decide once and for all who he is and what he will stand up for if he is to have any hope of saving a young girl’s life.

My Review
This book was a bit different from Coben's other Myron Bolitar books because Myron is the main character. The plot was intricate, witty and suspenseful which makes for a great mystery read. From the beginning, I was hooked and the twists and turns kept me guessing right up to the surprise ending. I would have to say that I think this is Coben's best Myron Bolitar book. I would highly recommend this book if you like laugh-out-loud suspense mysteries and I look forward to reading his next Bolitar book. ( )
  EadieB | Nov 27, 2016 |
A book that wS interesting, exciting and for me the first with the Bolitar-gang.
I liked it a lot. Like I said, it was exciting and apart fron that gad an ending that surprised me, always something I like when reading a thriller.
Recommended! ( )
  BoekenTrol71 | Sep 30, 2016 |
Well constructed book with lots of twists and turns in the plot. Characters continue to develop in this, the 8th in the series. Sidekick, Win, shines again here as Myron gets knocked around a little while searching for a lost girl. Who would ever name a kid: Myron? ( )
  buffalogr | Aug 16, 2016 |

Harlan Cobenprimary authorall editionscalculated
Busk, SisselTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Callegari, AlessandraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Charlotte, Ben, Will and Eve. You're a handful, but you will always be my world.
The missing girl-there had been unceasing news reports, always flashing to that achingly ordinary school portrait of the vanished teen, you know the one, with the rainbow-swirl background, the girl's hair too straight, her smile too self-conscious, then a quick cut to the worried parents on the front lawn, microphones surrounding them, Mom silently tearful, Dad reading a statement with a quivering lip-that girl, that missing girl, had just walked past Edna Skylar.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451219244, Mass Market Paperback)

The school year is almost over. In these last pressure cooker months of high school, some kids will make the all too common and all too dangerous mistake of drinking and driving. But Myron is determined to help keep his friends’ children safe, and so he makes two neighborhood girls promise him that if they are ever in a bind but are afraid to call their parents, they will call him. Several nights later, the call comes at two a.m. The next day, a girl is missing, and Myron is the last person who saw her. Desperate to fulfill a well-intentioned promise turned horribly wrong, Myron races to find her before she’s gone forever.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:35 -0400)

Entertainment agent Myron Bolitar offers a ride home to a young girl to prevent her from accepting a ride from a drunk driver, but when the girl disappears, he is forced to rescue her to prove his innocence.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,215,114 books! | Top bar: Always visible