Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
The Wiley Encyclopedia of Energy and the Environment, 2 Volume Set (Wiley…
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 047114827X, Hardcover)An integrated introduction to energy production and use, and their impact on the environment
Human beings have been changing the environment through both the quest for and the consumption of energy since the first hunter-gatherers set fire to a small mound of sticks. The pace and scope of these environmental changes are major issues that affect societies and environments worldwide. The subject is vast and complex, but its universal impact makes it a matter of universal interest.
This encyclopedia offers an easily accessible treatment of energy-related topics and their impact on the environment at a level that can be understood by all readers regardless of scientific background or training.
Feature articles on all important aspects of energy production, use, and environmental impact are arranged alphabetically by subject
* Articles are self-contained and cross-referenced
* Discussions include legal and policy issues as well as technological and environmental concerns
* The presentation, based on Wiley's award-winning 4-volume Encyclopedia of Energy Technology and the Environment, retains the scope, quality, and clarity of the original
* Bibliographic entries suggest directions for further reading
* Copious photos, figures, and tables help illustrate major points, clarify difficult material, and summarize important data
This is the ideal reference for high school and college students, environmental and energy consultants, and anyone who needs clear, reliable, up-to-date information on energy and the environment.
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:35 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
RatingAverage: No ratings.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.