Instant Replay: The Green Bay Diary of Jerry…

Instant Replay: The Green Bay Diary of Jerry Kramer (1968)

by Jerry Kramer, Dick Schaap

158None75,068 (3.92)1

I am not a football fan though I loved "THE BLIND SIDE"by Michael Lewis and "QUIET STRENGTH" by Tony Dungy- both must read books. This book didn't seem to teach anything. I liked the parts of Lombardi and it was interesting to see the team jell but it lacked something major to me. ( )
  SteveRambach | Dec 18, 2010 |
Loved this book. Right up there with the Jim Brown and Lombardi bios that I read around the same time. ( )
  dbeveridge | Jun 9, 2010 |
Read in 1971, the first summer we were married. I figured if I was going to spend my life with a coach, I'd better get ready! A great inside look at a great team. Memories of this book are wrapped in memories of Lee - a great combination. ( )
  MerryMary | Mar 1, 2007 |

Jerry Kramerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Schaap, Dickmain authorall editionsconfirmed
For Vince and for my teammates
They sat in front of me, an audience of college presidents and college deans, gathered at a banquet in Milwaukee a few years ago, and as I looked down from the speaker's rostrum I could tell they were waiting tolerantly to hear what a professional football player could possibly say to them.

In 1967, when Jerry Kramer was a thirty-one-year-old Green Bay Packers offensive lineman, in his tenth year with the team, he decided to keep a diary of the season. “Perhaps, by setting down my daily thoughts and observations,” he wrote, “I’ll be able to understand precisely what it is that draws me back to professional football.” Working with the renowned journalist Dick Schaap, Kramer recorded his day-to-day experiences as a player with perception, honesty, humor, and startling sensitivity. Little did Kramer know that the 1967 season would be one of the most remarkable in the history of pro football, culminating with the legendary championship game against Dallas now known as the “Ice Bowl,” in which Kramer would play a central role. Nor could he have anticipated that his diary would evolve into a book titled Instant Replay, first published in 1968, that would become a multimillion-copy bestseller and be celebrated by reviewers everywhere, including the Washington Post’s Jonathan Yardley, who calls it “to this day, the best inside account of pro football, indeed the best book ever written about that sport and that league.”

This groundbreaking look inside the world of professional football is one of the first books ever to take readers into the locker room and reveal the inner workings of a professional sports franchise. From training camp, through the historic Ice Bowl, then into the locker room of Super Bowl II, Kramer provides a captivating player’s perspective on pro football when the game was all blood, grit, and tears. He also offers a rare and insightful view of the team’s storied leader, Coach Vince Lombardi.

Bringing the book back into print for the first time in more than a decade, this new edition of Instant Replay retains the classic look of the original and includes a foreword by Jonathan Yardley and additional rarely seen photos from the celebrated “Lombardi era.” As vivid and engaging as it was when it was first published, Instant Replay is an irreplaceable reminder of the glory days of pro football.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:39:23 -0400)

Charismatic former forger Abagnale exposes the tactics of today's identity theft criminals and offers powerful strategies to thwart them, based on his second career as an acclaimed fraud-fighting consultant. When Abagnale trains law enforcement officers about identity theft, he asks for their names and addresses and nothing more. In a matter of hours he can obtain everything he would need to steal their lives: Social Security numbers, dates of birth, current salaries, checking account numbers, the names of everyone in their families, and more. This illustrates how easy it is for anyone from anywhere in the world to assume our identities and in a matter of hours devastate our lives in ways that can take years to recover from. Abagnale offers dozens of concrete steps to transform anyone from an easy mark into a hard case that criminals are likely to bypass.--From publisher description.… (more)

13 wanted3 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,501,824 books! | Top bar: Always visible