Junie B. Jones and Some Sneaky Peeky Spying…

Junie B. Jones and Some Sneaky Peeky Spying

by Barbara Park

Other authors: Denise Brunkus (Illustrator)

Series: Junie B. Jones (4)

Junie B. Jones learns about spying and she starts to spy on everyone she knows. On her mom, dad and teacher. This spying business is getting her into a lot of trouble.
  margaritamunoz14 | Apr 29, 2015 |
This story was about a little girl named Junie B. who loves to spy on people. But her mother told her that she cannot spy anymore, because it gets her into trouble. The big idea in this story is children listening to their parents and not keeping secrets because they will get them into trouble. I really liked this book for two reason. The first reason was because of the language used throughout the story. Junie B. Jones is a kindergartner student, and children this age do not always speak grammatically correct. Throughout the story, the author used the grammar of a kindergartner, and I feel like it made me as the reader connect with the story more because I could understand from her viewpoint as a child. For example, Junie B. did not know how to correctly pronounce some words, so she would say them how she heard them. In the story, the teacher was in the grocery store and picked up some zucchini, but Junie B. pronounced it as “Sue Keeny”, and I thought this was pretty funny. The second reason I liked this book was because it included some illustrations, even though it is a chapter book. At one point when her teacher was getting upset with her because she would not have a seat, the illustration on that page showed the teacher’s face, and expressed her emotions as she pointed Junie B. to be quiet and have a seat. Including illustrations helps the reader visualize the story as they read. ( )
  JeNeeH | Mar 31, 2015 |
Junie B. Jones books are good transitional books. There are not too many words on the pages and the books are in general really fun books. They have been popular since I was in school. probably second grade and up.
  bzittlosen | Dec 17, 2014 |
As I was reading the book, “Junie B. Jones and Some Sneaky Peeky Spying”, in many ways, Junie B. reminded me of myself when I was younger. I absolutely loved the plot of this particular Junie B. Jones book. Junie B. is always curious as to what other people are doing and why they are doing it. She is blunt and says whatever she is thinking at that very moment. When Grace, her friend, states that she is good at spying Junie B. replies, “Yeah, only too bad Grace but you can’t be as good as me ‘cause I said it first.” As the book continues, Junie B. tries to be as sneaky as she can when she spies on her mother and even her teacher! I also enjoyed the illustrations in this chapter book. The pictures were drawn in pen to correlate with the text on each page. The pictures really expressed Junie B.’s emotions, especially when she was mad. When she was mad, her face was all scrunched up with her eyebrows pointed down and her arms crossed. This is how the reader knows she is very angry. The main idea of this book is honesty and privacy are two things that should be valued. ( )
  vharsh1 | Dec 4, 2014 |
Haha I identified with Junie B. and all her hiding because I'd do exactly that playing spies through the house with my cousin or even the department stores.
  ecm014 | Dec 1, 2014 |

Barbara Parkprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Brunkus, DeniseIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Junie B. is the bestest spier in the whole world. That's 'cause she has sneaky feet. And her nose doesn't whistle when she breathes. But guess what? Junie B. might be real sneaky. And real peeky. But when she spies on Mrs., she could get into real trouble!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:11 -0400)

Six-year-old Junie B.'s penchant for spying on people and her curiosity about the private life of her teacher get her in trouble at kindergarten.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,008,974 books! | Top bar: Always visible