Junie B. Jones and Some Sneaky Peeky Spying…

Junie B. Jones and Some Sneaky Peeky Spying

by Barbara Park

Recently added byprivate library, sflores40, ExpeditionSchool, andael, Dawnwalker, Claspell, Boggs_School
2 copies (9) 2.9 (24) AR (10) AR 2.9 (17) Barbara Park (9) chapter (7) chapter book (88) children (14) children's (24) children's fiction (12) DRA 24 (7) DRA 28 (7) espionage (17) fiction (88) funny (15) girls (9) GRL M (7) humor (35) Junie B. Jones (193) juvenile (6) kids (10) kindergarten (28) Level M (29) library (6) M (26) park (7) realistic fiction (23) school (16) series (49) Spanish (6)

This was a fun one for the kids. Junie B. Is curious about his teacher, Mrs., and is set on spying on her. Luck has it she spots her at the grocery store and she sees something that is too hard to keep a secret. ( )
  capiam1234 | May 17, 2014 |
I really enjoyed reading this book! It brought back memories of my childhood when I would read these books. I liked this book because of the character Junie B. Jones. I think she is a very well developed character. Her personality shines through the pages of the book due to the language choice and descriptive detail. I think the character Junie B. exemplifies the curious and adventurous side of every young child. She is a fun, loud, curious character that makes the book humorous and relatable to young readers. The second reason that I liked this book was because of the language used in the story. Some words in the text were spelled the way a Kindergartener would pronounce them. They were not spelled correctly but they could be understood because they were spelled the way they sounded. I think the language helps makes the book relatable to young readers. Although, it did not demonstrate how to spell and speak in the most proper way it makes the story overall more engaging for the reader. I think this is a great book and the Junie B. Jones series is a great series for all young readers. I think the purpose of the book is to teach the readers that being curious is okay but making assumptions and spying can get you into a lot of unwanted trouble. It is important to make sure you know all of the facts before sharing information. ( )
  awalls4 | May 11, 2014 |
This series was one of my favorites as a young girl, so it was great to reminisce and read this book as a college student. One reason I liked this book is because of how relatable Junie B. is to most Kindergarteners. She does things like spying on her teacher, asking many unnecessary questions, rambling on while talking, and yelling in her baby brother’s ear. I was laughing out loud at various points throughout this story! I could completely picture Junie B. as a real Kindergartener, adding authenticity to the silly story. Another reason I liked this book is because of the language used throughout the book that modeled exactly how a Kindergartener would talk. Verb tense was not always grammatically correct in this book, with Junie B. saying, “I hided under his desk” instead of using the past tense form of the word. In addition, Junie B. was unsure of what zucchini was when she saw it in the grocery store, so she called it “Sue keeny.” The language makes Junie B. all the more endearing and makes it seem like a true Kindergartener had a hand in writing this book. The main idea of this story is that spying on others will get you in trouble, so you should always be on your best behavior. ( )
  apetru5 | May 9, 2014 |
In this book the reader can learn what is right and wrong, especially spying on people and understanding that people need their privacy. This book also touches on how secrets can be good and/or bad. I love all of the Junie B. Jones books I read almost all of them when I was a kid. I would use these in my classroom Grades 2-3.
  AmandaHempleman | Dec 9, 2013 |
These are fun to read! ( )
  luckbell | Nov 24, 2013 |

Junie B. is the bestest spier in the whole world. That's 'cause she has sneaky feet. And her nose doesn't whistle when she breathes. But guess what? Junie B. might be real sneaky. And real peeky. But when she spies on Mrs., she could get into real trouble!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:45:09 -0400)

Six-year-old Junie B.'s penchant for spying on people and her curiosity about the private life of her teacher get her in trouble at kindergarten.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,461,326 books! | Top bar: Always visible