Junie B. Jones and Some Sneaky Peeky Spying…

Junie B. Jones and Some Sneaky Peeky Spying

by Barbara Park

As I was reading the book, “Junie B. Jones and Some Sneaky Peeky Spying”, in many ways, Junie B. reminded me of myself when I was younger. I absolutely loved the plot of this particular Junie B. Jones book. Junie B. is always curious as to what other people are doing and why they are doing it. She is blunt and says whatever she is thinking at that very moment. When Grace, her friend, states that she is good at spying Junie B. replies, “Yeah, only too bad Grace but you can’t be as good as me ‘cause I said it first.” As the book continues, Junie B. tries to be as sneaky as she can when she spies on her mother and even her teacher! I also enjoyed the illustrations in this chapter book. The pictures were drawn in pen to correlate with the text on each page. The pictures really expressed Junie B.’s emotions, especially when she was mad. When she was mad, her face was all scrunched up with her eyebrows pointed down and her arms crossed. This is how the reader knows she is very angry. The main idea of this book is honesty and privacy are two things that should be valued. ( )
  vharsh1 | Dec 4, 2014 |
Haha I identified with Junie B. and all her hiding because I'd do exactly that playing spies through the house with my cousin or even the department stores.
  ecm014 | Dec 1, 2014 |
I loved this book, I read this series when I was in elementary school. Now reading this book as an adult is entirely different, yet still enjoyable. I love how the book is written in the context of how an elementary aged child would write it. I also found it hilarious how relatable this book was when Junie B has an infatuation of figuring out where her teacher lives. I think it is important for elementary aged children to be able to relate to what they read. I find Junie B's character to be extremely relatable and realistic for younger kids. Having this allows the children to read the book through their own eyes, and imagine themselves sneaking around the house like Junie B does. ( )
  kcrous3 | Oct 1, 2014 |
This was a fun one for the kids. Junie B. Is curious about his teacher, Mrs., and is set on spying on her. Luck has it she spots her at the grocery store and she sees something that is too hard to keep a secret. ( )
  capiam1234 | May 17, 2014 |
I really enjoyed reading this book! It brought back memories of my childhood when I would read these books. I liked this book because of the character Junie B. Jones. I think she is a very well developed character. Her personality shines through the pages of the book due to the language choice and descriptive detail. I think the character Junie B. exemplifies the curious and adventurous side of every young child. She is a fun, loud, curious character that makes the book humorous and relatable to young readers. The second reason that I liked this book was because of the language used in the story. Some words in the text were spelled the way a Kindergartener would pronounce them. They were not spelled correctly but they could be understood because they were spelled the way they sounded. I think the language helps makes the book relatable to young readers. Although, it did not demonstrate how to spell and speak in the most proper way it makes the story overall more engaging for the reader. I think this is a great book and the Junie B. Jones series is a great series for all young readers. I think the purpose of the book is to teach the readers that being curious is okay but making assumptions and spying can get you into a lot of unwanted trouble. It is important to make sure you know all of the facts before sharing information. ( )
  awalls4 | May 11, 2014 |

Junie B. is the bestest spier in the whole world. That's 'cause she has sneaky feet. And her nose doesn't whistle when she breathes. But guess what? Junie B. might be real sneaky. And real peeky. But when she spies on Mrs., she could get into real trouble!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:45:09 -0400)

Six-year-old Junie B.'s penchant for spying on people and her curiosity about the private life of her teacher get her in trouble at kindergarten.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,381,350 books! | Top bar: Always visible