Junie B. Jones Has a Peep in Her Pocket by…

Junie B. Jones Has a Peep in Her Pocket

by Barbara Park

Other authors: Denise Brunkus (Illustrator)

Series: Junie B. Jones (15)

Junie B. is a sassy kindergartener who is curious, stubborn, and will keep everyone in stitches. In this book of Junie B. Jones, she takes a field trip with her class to a farm.Junie B. goes through typical problems for a kindergartener and often learns things the hard way. This book is for any elementary age kids that like to laugh.

Characters: Junie B., Junie's Mom, Junie's class
Setting: A farm
Theme: Facing fears

Possible post-reading discussions include:
facing fears; confidence; farms/farming; honesty; and friendship.
  kimberlyfox | Oct 1, 2015 |
Junie B. is at the end of kindergarten year and her teacher Mrs. Tells the class that they are getting to go to the farm on a field trip. She has developed a fear of ponies when she watched a TV show called "When Ponies Attack!" Her parents talk her into the field trip but then she developed a fear of roosters. On the way to the farm, Jim was making comments about roosters being mean. When the class arrives at the farm, he asks her to be his special farm hand for the day. Junie B. gets excited about the fact that she gets to order the other students around. She then saw the cows, pigs, goats, and lambs. Then Junie B. got to be the first person to sit on the shiny red tractor. Junie B. get scared when they go to the hen house but she likes the chick the farmer hands her. She is confused because she did not know that the chick would become a rooster. The farmer explains and Junie B. is happy she no longer has to be afraid of roosters.The genre of Junie B. Jones has a Peep in Her Pocket is realistic fiction.
  kbuffum13 | Mar 15, 2015 |
I would read this to the class if we were going on a field trip or I'd ask them to write about a time they went on a field trip. This book would help young readers have fun with reading because they could relate to Junie B and it would also boost their confidence in regards to reading. ( )
  dtolton93 | Nov 19, 2014 |
I liked this book for two reasons. One reason I liked this book was for the way that it was written. I like how the author writes how Junie B. Jones actually thinks, with mistakes and all. For example, "then he holded my hand" isn't written correctly. It should be "then he help my hand". This could be fun for children because they can either notice the mistakes that she makes or truly connect with her because it's perfectly okay to make mistakes when talking, especially when you are Junie B.'s age. Another reason I liked this book was for the point of view. It kind of relates to why I liked how the story was written. I think that having this story written in Junie B.'s point of view makes it a more entertaining story. Since it is in first person, you get to not only know what is happening, but you can also see what she is thinking, and her thoughts are so funny. Overall, I think that the main message of this book is to overcome your fears because they may not be as big and bad as you might think that they are. ( )
  akwon3 | Oct 1, 2014 |
Nothing spectacular this time around. Junie B visits a farm with room nine and combats a fear of farms and roosters. ( )
  capiam1234 | Jan 29, 2014 |

Barbara Parkprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Brunkus, DeniseIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0375800409, Paperback)

Kindergarten is just about to let out for the summer, and room 9 is going on a field trip to a farm. All the children squeal with joy--all but Junie B. Jones.
'Cause guess what? Farms are not my favorites.
Junie B. Jones, hilarious heroine of more than a dozen well-loved books, is mortally afraid of ponies. An imprudent babysitter once allowed her to watch a cable TV show called When Ponies Attack, so a trip to a farm seems like the ultimate in reckless endangerment. Never mind the roosters, which, according to her classmate, Meanie Jim, can peck your head to a nub. It takes some pretty fast talking by Junie's parents, teacher, and the farmer himself to get Junie to participate in the field trip, where she has a surprisingly good time. Until she bonds with Peep, a fluffy little chick, only to discover, to her horror, that Peep's destiny is to become a rooster.

Award-winning author Barbara Park has joined with illustrator Denise Brunkus to create a charmingly outrageous character with a precocious yet childish voice that readers will never forget: "After that my heart got very poundy inside. 'Cause I heard the sound of footprints, that's why." Brunkus's comical drawings of Junie and her friends are the "bestest" ever. Don't miss any of the laugh-out-loud titles in the Junie B. Jones series. (Ages 5 to 8) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:17 -0400)

When Junie B. learns that her kindergarten class is going on a field trip to a farm, she worries about being attacked by a rooster.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,885,354 books! | Top bar: Always visible