Junie B. Jones Loves Handsome Warren by…

Junie B. Jones Loves Handsome Warren (1996)

by Barbara Park

Other authors: Denise Brunkus (Illustrator)

Series: Junie B. Jones (7)

Unable to compete with her friends' fancy clothes and running ability, irrepressible six-year-old Junie B. finds her own way to make the new boy at school like her.

Mayores de 8 años
  Alba26 | Aug 22, 2019 |
This series of books were hands down my favorite to read as a child. The introduction to all of the books start off with the same paragraph with Junie introducing herself and somethings about her. This book in particular is about a boy, named Warren, who Junie has quite the crush on. However, he likes Lucille and Grace, and not her. Junie has many various and creative attempts to get Warren to like her. Absolutely LOVE these books! ( )
  csappenfield | Apr 23, 2018 |
Junie B. Jonesand her friends Grace and Lucille all have a crush on a handsome boy named Warren. There is only one problem -- he likes Lucille and Grace, but he thinks Junie B. is a nutball! Junie B. tries everything to get handsome Warren to like her; she tries wearing princess clothes, and lightning shoes, and even tries being calm and not acting as much like a nutball. But when Junie B. notices Warren is sad, she cheers him up with knock knock jokes and they end up playing together like old friends. This book is a great example of author's voice in writing. It would be a great book to use in the classroom to reinforce the concept of author's voice. ( )
  JessicaGammie | Nov 13, 2017 |
There is a new boy in Junie B Jones school, Warren. But one of her friends see's him first and says he loves her. That doesn't stop Junie B tho, she is determined to get handsome Warren to love her instead.
  sami_schneider | Dec 2, 2016 |
I had mixed feelings about reading this book. I liked the book because I loved how the author wrote in first person, this to me makes it easier for children readers to understand and interact with what Junie B. is saying. Since the book is written from Junie B's point of view that language used is the language that an average kindergartener would use so there are a lot of grammatical and spelling errors. This could be a little confusing because in the classroom teachers are trying to teach students not to spell things incorrectly or use proper english, and this book emphasizes a lot on that type of language. I really liked the book because of how some of the grammatical errors or language was funny and I laughed when I was reading. Throughout the book there was some pictures but I personally thought that they were distracting. They were distracting because I was tempted to just look at the picture and not read the page because there was only so many pictures. Also some of the pictures did not match what was being written until the page after the page that the picture was on. The picture placement was constructed kind of confusingly. Junie B. Jones as a character was very believable and also very relatable. When I read her books I feel like I am living her days with her. When I was younger I felt like I had most of the same problems that she had as well. The big idea of this book was to teach readers that we shouldn't change the way we truly are just so that someone will like us. We had to find ourself and if someone doesn't like us for who we are then they don't have to be friends with us if they don't want to be.
  MackenzieVenezia | Sep 6, 2016 |

Barbara Parkprimary authorall editionscalculated
Brunkus, DeniseIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
My name is Junie B. Jones.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,522,814 books! | Top bar: Always visible