Runaway Ralph CD by Beverly Cleary

Runaway Ralph CD (original 1970; edition 2007)

by Beverly Cleary, B.D. Wong (Reader), Beverly Cleary (Author)

Member:ewiedy33
Title:Runaway Ralph CD
Authors:Beverly Cleary
Other authors:B.D. Wong (Reader), Beverly Cleary (Author)
Info:HarperFestival (2007), Audio CD, 112 pages
Collections:Fantasy, Graphic Novels
Tags:running away, mouse

Runaway Ralph by Beverly Cleary (1970)

Such cute little stories in this series. Easy for my son & I to enjoy. Looking forward to reading the 3rd installment. ( )
  TheReadingMermaid | Nov 20, 2017 |
I have not read this book.
  LynneQuan | Sep 25, 2017 |
  jhawn | Jul 31, 2017 |
I loved this book as a kid, and am amazed how well my garage sale copy held up! My youngest picked it off the shelf for our family reading time as we are in between series.

It was unfortunate timing, as we had just put out poison because over a month of live traps had not cured our mouse infestation. But the book was as fun and as charming as I remember, and left me feeling very guilty when my son begged me to go back to the live traps and pleaded to keep one as a pet. Alas, the poison did its job.

Cleary's writing is far from brilliant, but her storytelling is superb. She breathes life into her characters and now I have a bit more insight into why I don't like cats, I feel guilty for putting out poison to kill mice, and I always dreamed of going to summer camp! Still loved it after all these years! ( )
  HeidiAngell | Jul 29, 2017 |
In my opinion the most exciting, engaging, and universally loved Beverly Cleary book of them all. It is the only book of its kind where kids sit still, pay attention, and are genuinely disappointed when the bell rings to end class. What is not to love about a lovable young mouse, that is tired of his hum-drum life, setting out on an adventure on a red motorcycle to find quarter from family, repetition, and those ever present parental expectations that make this little mouse so easy to relate to at any age? ( )
  Davis22 | May 29, 2016 |

Cleary, Beverlyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dockray, TracyIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Roberts, WilliamReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wong, B.d.Readersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Louis Darling
1916-1970
The small brown mouse named Ralph who was hiding under the grandfather clock did not have much longer to wait before he could ride his motorcycle.

"The rousing notes of the bugle and the laughter and shouting increased the feeling of rebellion within Ralph. As the last strains of the bugle call hovered in the clear mountain air, Ralph made up his mind. He knew now what he was going to do. He was going to run away.

Fed up with his timid mother and uncle and his squirmy little cousins, Ralph hops onto his toy motorcycle and zooms down the road to summer camp. It turns out camp is not all peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and fun. A strict watchdog, a mouse-hungry cat, and a troubled boy named Garf lead Ralph on some fur-raising escapades. Perhaps home isn't such a bad place to be, if only Ralph can find a way to get there again.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:12 -0400)

Ralph runs away looking for freedom but winds up a prisoner at a summer camp.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,843,809 books! | Top bar: Always visible