Death of a Pirate King by Josh Lanyon

Death of a Pirate King (edition 2008)

by Josh Lanyon

2022158,111 (4.35)5
Member:Moloch
Title:Death of a Pirate King
Authors:Josh Lanyon (Author)
Info:LooseId
Rating:**1/2
Tags:lgbt, narrativa, narrativa nordamericana, english, lingua inglese, ebook, gialli

Death of a Pirate King by Josh Lanyon

English (20)  Italian (1)  All languages (21)
I swear that these boys are gonna kill me - they make me nuts. My poor Kindle has nearly been smashed to bits due to my excessive need to pummel Jake. This is one of those series where you have to take it to the end but damn you wish you could just get there with your heart in one piece! ( )
  PaisleyH | Jan 12, 2016 |
  PaisleyH | Jan 12, 2016 |
The fourth Adrien English book offers a decently entertaining mystery entwined with a more-than-decently entertaining love story. The mystery this time involves members of the Hollywood scene. The romance is still about Jake, who reappears in Adrien's life two years after he last saw him with a bundle of new revelations that throws Adrien for a loop. The climax to this one is almost as hard-hitting as that in the first story, after dropping off a bit in two and three. Another solid entry in the series, though I'm starting to feel like those pesky murder investigations are getting in the way of the real story between Adrien and Jake. YMMV. ( )
  lycomayflower | Aug 21, 2015 |
Great mysteries with an overarching relationship between bookseller Adrian and closeted cop Jake. Excellent romantic suspense series and a popular entre into this very popular writer's work. (Karen) ( )
  GayCityLGBTLibrary | Jun 6, 2015 |
Well written. Interesting characters. ( )
  joeyr | Mar 15, 2014 |
Coincidence, if traced far enough back, becomes inevitable. - Hineu
It was not my kind of party.

From Loose Id:Gay bookseller and reluctant amateur sleuth Adrien English's writing career is suddenly taking off. His first novel, Murder Will Out, has been optioned by notorious Hollywood actor Paul Kane. But when murder makes an appearance at a dinner party, who should be called in but Adrien's former lover, handsome closeted detective Jake Riordan, now a Lieutenant with LAPD. And that may just drive Adrien's current boyfriend, sexy UCLA professor Guy Snowden, to commit a murder of his own!

Gay bookseller and reluctant amateur sleuth Adrien English's writing career is suddenly taking off. His first novel, Murder Will Out, has been optioned by notorious Hollywood actor Paul Kane. But when murder makes an appearance at a dinner party, who should be called in but Adrien's former lover, handsome closeted detective Jake Riordan, now a Lieutenant with LAPD -- which may just drive Adrien's new boyfriend, sexy UCLA professor Guy Snowden, to commit a murder of his own.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,143,204 books! | Top bar: Always visible